UEFA Europa League 2013 Final

Chabon

Look, there, Hazard in his kit, as demanded by the sponsors..

Sam

Hazard and Ba in suits....Terry in full kit.

You couldnt make it up :lol:

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
Platini should just say to terry, "what the feck are you doing in full kit? Wanker."

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
He's gonna lift it isnt he? :lol:

Just like Keane lifted it in 99' and Nev in 08'...no wait a second. I'm sorry, he's a complete bellend who will do anything for the limelight.
At this point I think it's only fitting, it's what John Terry the character is all about. He's become a parody of himself.

Sam

At this point I think it's only fitting, it's what John Terry the character is all about. He's become a parody of himself.
:lol:

It is quite brilliant watching him tbf. He's clearly has gone past the point of any self respect, and just thinks 'ah feck it'.

Brophs

The One and Only
Where did all of this Terry hate come from? What has he ever done?

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Terry is an absolute moron.

Looking at that, I won't have anyone saying the Europa is a shit trophy. Its no CL but look how happy Chelsea were and how sad Benefica were.

RK

I'm talking about games where refereeing decisions don't come into play (unfair red card, goal disallowed). We can all agree that in those situations, a team can feel hard done by.

I don't think knockout tournaments determine who the best team entering such a tournament is. I don't think Chelsea were the best team in Europe last season. But I believe that notions of "deserved", "jammy", "lucky", "could'a lost if..." are way off the mark. Knockout matches come down to who can better execute putting the ball in the net on the day.

On the more general concept of random variation, a distribution of random events performed consistently will aggregate around a certain mean. If you perform that event enough times, and the mean (in this case a shot) is way off target, or is the bar, then something needs to change. In a tight knockout match where chances are limited, sometimes it is better to go with the shot that has a greater chance of entering the net (lower).
There's more to it than that.

You can be 99.99% sure that one team is better than another ("better" determined by which team would come out on top, all things being equal, over millions of trials), but the poorer team can easily have a 10-20% chance of winning an individual match.

Football is such a low-scoring sport that uncontrollable randomness (aka "luck") has a much bigger effect.

ItsEssexRob

Has a slight gambling problem
Supports
Chelsea
Can someone GIF Hazard as the trophy was lifting it looks like he is having a wank.

Sam

You almost have to admire Terry and his 'I dont give a shit how much of a tit I look' attitude. Almost.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
But.....but....but.... the rules....won't somebody think of the rules....they have to wear the full kit y'know.

Hazard will get a ban now then presumably?

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Who gets their place in next season's comp then seeing as Chelsea are in the CL?
Wait, they're not staying in the Europa league next season to defend their title? I thought everyone has to do that though. :angel:

Chabon

Terry is an absolute moron.

Looking at that, I won't have anyone saying the Europa is a shit trophy. Its no CL but look how happy Chelsea were and how sad Benefica were.
It's a competition with a fine history, but it's an utter farce that the final was played between two clubs who got there by failing.