UEFA Team Of The Year 2012

Snake Plissken

Aka LTS10
how does Xavi keep getting in all these teams of the year? nowhere near his best in 2012, but he managed to turn it on in the Euro final against Italy, I guess thats what people remember.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Buffon
Lahm-Kompany-Hummels-Cole
Xavi-Pirlo-Iniesta
Messi-Falcao-Ronaldo​

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
Granted I don't watch him every game, but he still seems to me as one of the most balanced midfielders in the game, even if he doesn't decide the games all that often. He just keeps it ticking. I can't imagine who I'd prefer to have in his position.

evil_geko

No Ronaldo? No Pirlo?
I needed some physical presence in that midfield, that's why there is no Pirlo :p, and about Ronaldo, wanted to put him instead of RvP but meh, was a little United biased there.:)

Skorenzy

Incredible if those stats for forwards are correct: Messi has the highest chance conversion rate, 33% :eek:

Only Falcao comes close with 31%, then Agüero 26%, Huntelaar 26%, Mario Gómez 25%, Cavani 24%, Yilmaz 24%, Van Persie 23%, Lewandowski 22% C.Ronaldo 19%, Ibrahimovic 18%, Drogba 18%

Sw33t

My stab at it. Some hard choices to make there. Wish you could have 4 forwards so I could include Falcao.

Snake Plissken

Aka LTS10
picking the strikers was a nightmare.

I felt like I couldn't leave out RVP and Zlatan, but then how the hell could I leave out Ronaldo and Falcao?! Defence and midfield was much easier to pick.

MrMarcello, its getting that way. He had injury problems and didn't seem capable of a forward pass at times, he's being selected on past glories imo. Ozil was the best midfielder in Spain last year for me.

UnitedBoy

Redcafe Yahoo Pool champion 2007

Based on end of last season, summer torny and start of this.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
how does Xavi keep getting in all these teams of the year? nowhere near his best in 2012, but he managed to turn it on in the Euro final against Italy, I guess thats what people remember.
Simply because Xavi at 80-85% is still a class above any other midfielder aside from probably Pirlo and Iniesta.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I think there are about 18 players on that list that would deserve a place in the team. Only team I can really disagree with is OP's because he doesn't have Ronaldo. Iniesta, Ronaldo and Messi pick themselves. The other 8 spots have many good options to fill.

Snow

how did ye get the pic up??
After you're done it says 'Share your photo'. Click on that and it will load. Open it up in a new tab or copy the url by right clicking the link and you've got it.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Ridiculous number of City players, because league title over a poor United team aside, they've massively underachieved. Kompany was good for half of 2012, been poor ever since. The inclusion of Pique and Mascherano and the exclusion of Chiellini is pretty laughable as well. Juventus had a great season and Italy did remarkably well in the Euros.

Snow

Yap, i just pasted the link in but the pic never came up
Think you missed the window. If I got the link in OP, like if I'd want to pick my team, I can see my picks from last time and not change them because they've already been submitted. Looks like you could only share it as soon as you submitted your final picks. I can't find it at least.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

A bit ridiculous that Aguero, amongst others are in there ahead of Rooney IMO. Wouldn't have picked him but still. Really hard to pick between Van Persie, Falcao and Ibrahimovic, and was leaning towards RVP but Ibra's stats speak for themselves. 45 goals, 14 assists, only behind Ronaldo and Messi in goals scored (10 more then RVP) and only behind Messi in assists.