UEFA Youth League 2023/24

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Oyedele's going to quietly boss this tournament, mark my words, the lad is brilliant.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Good save by Harrison and another block from Ogunneye to stop the hosts from taking the lead.

top1whoisman

Scout
Nolan in problems on the left hand side, Bayern close to taking the lead after a good attack. After a good start from us it’s now all Bayern with us struggling to gain possession.

saik

It's been all Bayern now. We are struggling to get hold of ball.

AltiUn

Need to wake up a bit, also this stadium looks like it was 3D printed from MS Paint, simply hideous.

top1whoisman

Scout
18’

Williams who has won a couple of free kicks in decent possession tries his luck from one but the Bayern keeper saves it weirdly with his feet on the near corner. Good fk.

AltiUn

It's interesting that the Bayern U19 side are genuinely miles better tactically than their first team, whoever this coach is knows his stuff.

cj_sparky

Wheatley did well to get a shot off with the pressure from the defender.

top1whoisman

Scout
21’

Wheatley steals the ball from the last defender, and has a strong shot saved by the keeper.

top1whoisman

Scout
25’

Bayern getting close again. Harrison saves an underwhelming header after a good move from their left side.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Wait on the ball for a minute, hopeless ball over the top, familiar pattern of our "build up" in this game.

And Harrison bricking it on the deck isnt exactly helping.

AltiUn

Oyedele isn't having a good time of it. Looks all over the place.
Might be my fault, I made a comment hyping him up before the game, seems to have gone to his head.

top1whoisman

Scout
Oyedele isn't having a good time of it. Looks all over the place.
He’s chasing the ball a bit too much for my liking, leaving McAllister alone and exposed in the middle. Then again it’s good try to inject some energy into the team by going for the ball.

top1whoisman

Scout
Half an hour gone. I think Lacey’s touched the ball twice, Scanlon probably the same. A poor start overall from United.

saik

Half an hour gone. I think Lacey’s touched the ball twice, Scanlon probably the same. A poor start overall from United.
Think only Williams had some moments of possession. Rest of the attack has been invisible. Even Wheatley apart from his shot did nothing.

top1whoisman

Scout
A good challenge after playing some pretty poor sides in the U18 PL thus far. A big step up in quality.

top1whoisman

Scout
Think only Williams had some moments of possession. Rest of the attack has been invisible. Even Wheatley apart from his shot did nothing.
Yeah he’s the only one who’s confident in taking on his man. Difficulf for Wheatley to do anything when we lose the ball before it even reaches our midfield.

AltiUn

Think that was frustration from Ogunneye after a lot of non-calls on his side.

cj_sparky

A good challenge after playing some pretty poor sides in the U18 PL thus far. A big step in quality.
I haven't seen the 18s this season. How do we match up physically? A lot of these Bayern lads look ahead in terms of their physical development.

top1whoisman

Scout
The thing I’m most disappointed in is the fact that we’re losing most of our duels.

saik

The culture of wasting corners has trickled down to the U18s as well I see. Good opportunity to do something with the corner won by Williams but we just waste it and then Ogunneye flies into a rash tackle to get himself booked.

top1whoisman

Scout
I haven't seen the 18s this season. How do we match up physically? A lot of these Bayern lads look ahead in terms of their physical development.
Depends who’s playing but so far we’ve been so much ahead on the ball that we haven’t really been exposed physically.

Traditionally we struggle against big, strong sides but so far this season that hasn’t happened yet. Helps when you have players like McAllister who don’t fear physical duels against anyone.

AltiUn

Can't say they haven't deserved that.