UEFA Youth League 2023/24

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
I’d get Fitzgerald and Curley on for the second half. We stand no chance if we can’t control the ball at all. McAllister RB, please. Maybe Amass for Nolan too, he’s been struggling.

Last edited:

Idxomer

These two sides are clearly mismatched, both physically and technically.

top1whoisman

Scout
Our midfield is non-existent. Both going forward and in defense. They just pass by it.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Really poor half, both on and off the ball.

saik

We do look like we can compete physically but technically they are on another level to us. We barely held on to the ball nevermind creating any chances with it.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
These are a very well coached side. We'll need a shuffle at HT if we want to regain some semblance of control.
There's not much between the sides technically, they're both misplacing passes for fun. Difference is tactically where when we misplace a pass or are trying to play out from the back we're surrounded by an organised Bayern press whereas we're doing virtually no pressing and being bypassed and outnumbered in midfield as a result.

top1whoisman

Scout
FT results elsewhere:

Arsenal 1-2 PSV
Sevilla 0-1 Lens
Real Madrid 2-1 Union Berlin
Braga 1-0 Napoli
Real Sociedad 3-3 Inter
Benfica 1-1 Salzburg

top1whoisman

Scout
Poor marking from Jackson for the goal. It was well played but he totally lost his man.

Blackwidow

I haven't seen the 18s this season. How do we match up physically? A lot of these Bayern lads look ahead in terms of their physical development.
Bayern plays with 2 18-year olds and 3 16-years-old. The rest on the pitch is 17.

United plays with 1 19-year old, 2 18-year old, 2 16-year-olds. Rest ist 17.

Funny is that Paul Scholl is over 1,90 m (Central defender) - he is the son of Mehmet Scholl... Bayern's former offensive midfielder who is 1,77 m...

AltiUn

Still would've brought Fitzgerald on as well personally.

cj_sparky

Bayern plays with 2 18-year olds and 3 16-years-old. The rest on the pitch is 17.

United plays with 1 19-year old, 2 18-year old, 2 16-year-olds. Rest ist 17.

Funny is that Paul Scholl is over 1,90 m (Central defender) - he is the son of Mehmet Scholl... Bayern's former offensive midfielder who is 1,77 m...
Cheers, one of their defenders looked awkwardly big ala Crouch build wise.

Bayern certainly look more physically ahead. It might be from experience and having the II team that some of these have played for.

top1whoisman

Scout
Our midfielders are waiting on the halfway line while the defense it trying to play out from the back.

Good save from Harrison.

AltiUn

Bayern certainly look more physically ahead. It might be from experience and having the II team that some of these have played for.
Our youth teams have notoriously lacked physicality for a long time now.

Blackwidow

But I am wrong. I always thought that Scholl was another son of Mehmet - but it is not. But 1.93 m.

top1whoisman

Scout
Wonder how many forward passed we’ve completed this afternoon. Must be single digits.

AltiUn

You must have a lot of time on your hands to be banging the drums on a Wednesday afternoon at an U19 game.

AltiUn

Would've taken off Ogunneye for Fitzgerald and put McAllister at RB instead but fairly decent subs I think.

AltiUn

Yeah, I asked earlier as when we come up against City and Chelsea they are usually massive.in comparison.
Think there used to be this idea floating around that if the players were all massive and athletic then they wouldn't be as good technically. But in my eyes it's why Chelsea and City players excel on loan so often, because they're almost always ready physically for the men's game.
Me too. Ogunneye struggling to receive simple passes. Not struggling with an injury too.
It's the worst I've seen him play in a long while, he's not having a good time of it at all.

top1whoisman

Scout
Think we’ve gone to three at the back.

Harrison

Kambwala
Jackson
Ogunneye

Williams
Fitzgerald
Oyedele
Amass

Musa
Scanlon

Wheatley

cj_sparky

Two really good crosses from Wheatley, unlucky with Musa's header on the second.

Dr. StrangeHate

Sounds concerning reading this thread. I guess there is a reason Chelsea and City academy graduates sell for £20 m and ours for £20.

top1whoisman

Scout
Think there used to be this idea floating around that if the players were all massive and athletic then they wouldn't be as good technically. But in my eyes it's why Chelsea and City players excel on loan so often, because they're almost always ready physically for the men's game.

It's the worst I've seen him play in a long while, he's not having a good time of it at all.
I prefer Kamason to him, seems much better technically.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Better in the last few minutes at least.