UEFA Youth League 2023/24

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Forgot this was on, excellent.

AltiUn

Not a right lot happened in the first 20 minutes, no real chances for either side.

stealthy

Galatasaray very comfortable on the ball without threatening. Will have to be disciplined off the ball but have a real threat on the counter

AltiUn

Gore's very close to reaching that Garner stage where he's very obviously too good for reserve level and needs a chance at first team level be it at United or out on loan.

AltiUn

Amass is basically playing as the left winger this game, Gala have proven to be stubborn opposition, not many chances.

Lino is taking the piss with these late offside calls.

stealthy

Gore's very close to reaching that Garner stage where he's very obviously too good for reserve level and needs a chance at first team level be it at United or out on loan.
He does look too good for this level for sure, looks ready for a good level championship loan

Mickson

So annoying, I pay for MUTV and then they have these restrictions for UK only. What the hell? They have apparently blocked VPN users too.

AltiUn

Their captain is a quality player.

Forson denied by a great save, first big chance of the game. Missin subbed on who was exceptional at the weekend.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Their captain is a quality player.

Forson denied by a great save, first big chance of the game. Missin subbed on who was exceptional at the weekend.
Hamza Akman the captain and Efe Akman the #6 have been excellent for Galatasaray. Top technicians.

AltiUn

Hamza Akman the captain and Efe Akman the #6 have been excellent for Galatasaray. Top technicians.
Certainly 2 players I hope we're tracking, very talented lads.

AltiUn

Forson's a good player but needs to learn when to pass the ball.

AltiUn

Nolan wins a penalty for United, Akman the culprit. Forson buries the penalty. 1-0 United.

AltiUn

Lacey forces a good save from the keeper from a FK.

AltiUn

Williams gets our 2nd after a really good bit of build up from United, Lacey's been brilliant since he came on.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Hojlund younger brother scored for Copenhagen. Hopefully he follows with a goal tonight.

AltiUn

3-0 United, Forson scores again after a lovely through ball by Lacey. Should be job done for this game. United have been really good second half.

AltiUn

United pull out the worst FK routine I've ever seen.

AltiUn

Good win for United, Galatasaray didn't make that easy but the quality of United shone through in the end. Gore and Lacey were the standouts for me, Forson and Amass did pretty well too I thought. Now, let's hope the first team don't ruin it :D

saik

Good win for United, Galatasaray didn't make that easy but the quality of United shone through in the end. Gore and Lacey were the standouts for me, Forson and Amass did pretty well too I thought. Now, let's hope the first team don't ruin it :D
Famous last words. I said something similar at the weekend where both our u21 and u18 scored 5 goals each and the first team went on and disappointed anyways. :lol:

AltiUn

Famous last words. I said something similar at the weekend where both our u21 and u18 scored 5 goals each and the first team went on and disappointed anyways. :lol:
Half the fun of watching the youth teams is that it's a nice escape from the senior team :lol:

Hester_manc

I wouldnt expect us to beat Copenhagen.
They have invested a lot in young talents in recent years and gradually have a really strong youth department. So it could be a very even game against us.

They also have a number of their own young players in the first team.

Gungerz

Højlund`s brother scored for Copenhagen against München in their 3-2 win.
Bayern came back from 2-0 down with 85th & 93rd minute goals only for Copenhagen to get a 94th minute winner. Ouch.

They're a very strong side & they were even without one of their biggest talents, who's on international duty.

saik

Lineups for today game against Copenhagen. Google seems to think Forson starts at LB. Are we trying to reinvent his career?

saik

While we are at it, let's get in Hojlund's younger brother as well.

AltiUn

Copenhagen with 2 very good chances early :nervous: