Uefa Youth League - last 16 - United v Borussia Dortmund

NoPace

He has a lot of potential and I am very excited about him but I do really worry about him against a counter attack. Less than 20 minutes in somebody left him for dead on his blindside and he didn’t see it. He was also unable to do anything to prevent their first goal(perhaps slightly harsh). I worry that at the top level until he develops his positional awareness the quicker players will exploit him. That said he is very proactive defensively higher up the pitch which we do need in the first team.
Everything I see and read about him seems to suggest he's a 3-5-2 wingback like Alonso. I'm almost surprised Atalanta didn't take him for 10M less of the Diallo money.

Does seem like a great fit for how Ten Hag is playing Ajax these days, so maybe he'll stay here and we'll play like this next year if he comes:

Sancho----------------------Cristiano-----------------Bruno---------
-------------------------------#8-----------VDB-----------------------
Telles/Fernandez--------DM/Fred-------------Mazraoui/Dalot
--------------------Shaw-----Varane---------Lindelof----------

With Bruno as Tadic and a couple new midfielders.

Demaw

Let's not pretend that Emeran has ever shown serious potential, injuries or not. I thought he was highly mediocre from day one. Elanga was always much better, same with Mejia and Willy from what I've seen. Emeran is one of the oldest players in the academy too and he is surely not here next season.
True Mick, 2 million for his boyhood club was a good deal. At least we only paid 300k for Hugill and a million for McNeil who I don't think won't make it either in the first squad.

Mickson

True Mick, 2 million for his boyhood club was a good deal. At least we only paid 300k for Hugill and a million for McNeil who I don't think won't make it either in the first squad.
We can very much get a decent fee for McNeill and Hugill if we want I think, Chelsea style. Our recruitment has been good in general and you can't win every battle.

Demaw

We can very much get a decent fee for McNeill and Hugill if we want I think, Chelsea style. Our recruitment has been good in general and you can't win every battle.
Agree, Hugill with his size, frame and scoring can be a 5-10 million signing, definitely in the championship.

UTD_Since_1978

Didn't think it could get any worse when it comes to Manchester United & penalty shoot-outs but that U-19 team had a real "Hold my beer" moment. :eek: