Uefa Youth League - last 16 - United v Borussia Dortmund

lsd

The Oracle
It's just like watching the first team. Between them,this and the women being a United fan is seriously hard work

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Still, a good match, against a normally excellent academy conveyor belt, and we were robbed by the ref in injury time.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
In the last 1 year I have seen EL final , Euros final , Boro and now this . Can’t take this anymore

Bwuk

Vitek - 6.5
Jurado - 6
Bennett - 6
Fish - 5
Fernandez - 7
Savage - 7
Iqbal - 7
Shoretire - 6
Hannibal - 7.5
Garnacho - 7
McNeil - 7

Drainy

Oh well, it is a developmental game and we showed we had the better quality for a change. Literally they had one trick during the game and it was to be physical, in a few years that gets somewhat equalised.

Mickson

We concede too much at this level, and when you do that, it's difficult to win even if you score two times or three. We played a good game but have some weaknesses in the team, the center backs are one and I never understand why Emeran is playing.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Very impressed with some of these players though. Our academy is stacked with talent.

stealthy

United very unlucky to go out on penalties, Mejbtri looked cut above everyone on pitch and real first team potential.

MonkeysMagic

If I never see Utd in a penalty shoot out ever again, it'll be too soon! But some of the ones we're pretty awful even at U-23 level. And then the attitude that 'pens are a lottery'...no, they are not if you are losing virtually every one!

Mickson

If I never see Utd in a penalty shoot out ever again, it'll be too soon! But some of the ones we're pretty awful even at U-23 level. And then the attitude that 'pens are a lottery'...no, they are not if you are losing virtually every one!
It boils my blood when people say that, and the MUTV gang says it every time.

BusbyBabes58

I need to know how that wasn't a penalty on Charlie McNeill late on? Don't know what the referee saw, plus what a horrid set of penalties, there's some fundamental problem at this club in regards to penalties, when was the last time we won a shootout?

lsd

The Oracle
Gutted for them but they will have learnt a lot from that match

You think? It's yet another loss for the club whether it's the Under 19s, the women or the first team losing becomes a habit and we are not showing any signs of changing that habit

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Disappointing to lose that after controlling the game for large periods. A clear cut penalty not given by the referee as well, which is even more dissapointing to see.

But our midfield controlled the game in and out of possession. Mejbri was absolutely majestic at times and his ability to create space and open up passing angles, whilst maintaining poise on the ball is truly wonderful to watch. He was a absolute class act and the Dortmund fans have not taken well to him, which is always a good sign.

I think Bynoe Gittens also showed glimpses of his potential and along with Coulibaly, I think both have a good chance of progressing into the Dortmund first team and potentially excelling.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I was really impressed by what I saw. Usually you’ve one or two shining lights at this level and a bunch of also rans but this team is absolutely stacked with very talented players. So many classy footballers. We were by far the better team tonight. Great stuff.

Two further thought. Penalty shoot-outs can get fecked. And is there any competition we haven’t been fecked over by absolutely dreadful refereeing decisions this season?!?

Caesar2290

I was really impressed by what I saw. Usually you’ve one or two shining lights at this level and a bunch of also rans but this team is absolutely stacked with very talented players. So many classy footballers. We were by far the better team tonight. Great stuff.

Two further thought. Penalty shoot-outs can get fecked. And is there any competition we haven’t been fecked over by absolutely dreadful refereeing decisions this season?!?
One thing that makes me hopefull is that both ETH and Poch love integrating youth players, so a lot of these lads are going to get their chance in the first team.

Thiagoal

You think? It's yet another loss for the club whether it's the Under 19s, the women or the first team losing becomes a habit and we are not showing any signs of changing that habit
These are kids and most definitely will learn from the experience. The key for me is that we dominated Dortmund in every aspect and can see at least 4 or 5 of the players having a great chance of progressing to our first team- which is ultimately more important than a one off freak result!