UEFA Youth League | Manchester United vs PSV

RedMachine03

Poster of Articles
Kick off - 2pm GMT
Leigh Sports Village

Highlights of the game will be shown this Wednesday on MUTV at 11pm GMT.

Only the group winners are guaranteed a place in the next round as the second-placed teams face clubs from the other route in the competition, the domestic league winners from last season.

Last edited:

MPTutd

Team is:

Henderson(GK)
Williams
Fosu-Mensah
Warren
Dearnley
Willock
Gribbin
Hamilton
Doughty
Whelan
Rashford(C)

Subs:
Dorrington(GK)
Borthwick-Jackson
Tuanzebe
Redmond
Boonen
Kehinde
Kenyon

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Anybody has any streams?

If yes then PM please.

khoazany

Going by the comments looks like the team is on a quite bad chemistry at the moment.Reason why I always feel bad at Butt managing the team.

Henderson and Dearnley injured only make things worse.

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
Going by the comments looks like the team is on a quite bad chemistry at the moment.Reason why I always feel bad at Butt managing the team.

Henderson and Dearnley injured only make things worse.
What do we know about Butt as a coach?

SkeppyRed

I don't think I've seen Doughty play yet. Why is he rarely involved? If its nothing to do with fitness/eligibility then thats not a great sign tbh.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
its like we wanted to lose this game, this team is pretty poor for our standards and on top of that we leave the likes of Tuanzebe, Borthwick-Jackson, Redmond and Kehinde on the bench.....unbelievable.

khoazany

I don't think I've seen Doughty play yet. Why is he rarely involved? If its nothing to do with fitness/eligibility then thats not a great sign tbh.
So am I but I've heard some people watched him play considered him as one of the worst player they've seen at this level recently along with El-Fitouri.

He had to play down with the U16s last season to get up to speed with the football here and he's not good enough yet to be involved at U21s level that's why we haven't seen him so far on telly.

SkeppyRed

So am I but I've heard some people watched him play considered him as one of the worst player they've seen at this level recently along with El-Fitouri.

He had to play down with the U16s last season to get up to speed with the football here and he's not good enough yet to be involved at U21s level that's why we haven't seen him so far on telly.
Really oh, how old is he?

Mickson

No idea, but look at it. Butt must have realised he wasn't playing the best side available to him.
Couldn't really play Tuanzebe and Borthwick-Jackson when they played yesterday. The question is WHY they played yesterday. Yeah, we have a small U21-squad but they could've used someone else instead.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
The problem is more with the size of squads at all levels right now at United, we are for some reason taking in a very low number of players which means that the players who should have started today ended up playing for the U21's on Monday. If Tuanzebe, CBJ and Redmond had not played on Monday then the U21's would have been massively short on players because no first team players are right now in the position to drop down and play for U21's. Just bizarre recruitment policy at the club right now.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Couldn't really play Tuanzebe and Borthwick-Jackson when they played yesterday. The question is WHY they played yesterday. Yeah, we have a small U21-squad but they could've used someone else instead.
The question is who and you will see there was hardly any other option, till last season we had a lot of senior U21's plus we had the likes of McNair and Januzaj along with members of the first team needing fitness dropping down to play U21's. Right now the first team is so short that we have CBJ going up to play and even Paddy directly joining the first team without any match fitness

Mickson

The question is who and you will see there was hardly any other option, till last season we had a lot of senior U21's plus we had the likes of McNair and Januzaj along with members of the first team needing fitness dropping down to play U21's. Right now the first team is so short that we have CBJ going up to play and even Paddy directly joining the first team without any match fitness
Yeah I kind of agree with you, I just feel they could have used maybe Warren as a centre half for U21. Rathbone could've done with a game instead of Redmond etc.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
In hindsight Monday's U21s match could have postponed like it's been done so many times before.
Actually all these cancellations are also a huge issue, it's impossible to have too many players between 19-21 at the club because there is no football to play.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
What's the link between these two sentences? Does Butt have a reputation for creating bad vibes?
No, I think he means that he likes Butt which is why he doesn't like to see him fail. I'm just guessing but that's what I interpreted.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
We still haven't replaced Mclair as director of academy. Close to six months now. This is a joke.