UK European Elections 2019 | Results Tonight from 10pm

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
A vote of no confidence, then a constitutional crisis where Boris refuses to dissolve parliament, due to the fixed parliament act, and it's up to Lizzy to decide whether or not she has to intervene and ask Corbyn to try and form a government.

Either way we have to behead her for interfering.
Royalists across the nation become enraged as the queen ends up facilitating a republican Prime Minister.:lol:

Strange times lead to strange bedfellows etc.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
:)

EDIT - I tried to quote Steve's joke. I'm not happy about France being fashy.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
At least David Cameron finally managed to destroy UKIP.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Jimmy Savile becomes Brexit Party MEP

hobbers

So 7.3m definitive votes for hard brexit/tory brexit
7m definitive votes for remain
2.3m residual votes for fence-sitting Labour

This is also on the back of remain areas having a higher turnout than leave areas across the country.

In other words, a second referendum of hard brexit vs no brexit will be another perfectly polarised no-clear-answer-providing mess.

Cal?

CR7 fan

This is also on the back of remain areas having a higher turnout than leave areas across the country.

In other words, a second referendum of hard brexit vs no brexit will be another perfectly polarised no-clear-answer-providing mess.
The only way to get out of the mess right now

DOTA

Oh, yeah!

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!

Well that's one way to parse it, but I think a fairer way (though I would) is to plump the Tory 1.5m in with Labour as the parties seeking to leave the EU with a deal, and I think it's fair because both were primarily concerned with a customs union/agreement that prevented a hard border in NI.

No guarantee that remain would win, but I'm taking those odds over just bumbling towards hard brexit with our hands off the wheel.

DOTA

Well that's one way to parse it, but I think a fairer way (though I would) is to plump the Tory 1.5m in with Labour as the parties seeking to leave the EU with a deal, and I think it's fair because both were primarily concerned with a customs union/agreement that prevented a hard border in NI.

No guarantee that remain would win, but I'm taking those odds over just bumbling towards hard brexit with our hands off the wheel.
In what world would any Tory dare vote for such a referendum?

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
In what world would any Tory dare vote for such a referendum?
One where there are enough that don't want the ERG and Farage to lead Boris towards crashing out by the nose?

I don't expect it'll happen, but there's a chance at least and I'm not really seeing the advantage of meekly accepting the alternative either.

DOTA

One where there are enough that don't want the ERG and Farage to lead Boris towards crashing out by the nose?

I don't expect it'll happen, but there's a chance at least and I'm not really seeing the advantage of meekly accepting the alternative either.
Cause the referendum wouldn't solve anything. I'm working on an unhinged rant, involving this and other positions, so bear with...

DOTA

The die hard remainers are desperately hoping either a second referendum or just cancelling brexit and somehow gaslighting the leavers in to pretending none of this happened is going to get us out of this (okay, admittedly the latter is a tiny minority but it's there alright). As if the problem here is that it was 52-48 the wrong way. It isn't. It's that during that referendum we all got so entrenched in our positions, understandably given the significance of the matter, and no one is going to see the results of any second referendum not go in their favour and decide to budge unless there was a result that... well, one we all know there won't be.

The baffling lot who still think something near May's deal could work are banking that the idea that 'maybe if we tried it with a PM with a penis they will have more authority'. These are comfortably the most mentally broken people by this whole ordeal and I am going to assume further comment isn't required.

The No Deal lot are the ones with a credible plan. They are lemmings who want to run off the cliff because there might be a nice pool at the bottom. That is a clear way forward and one that will quickly provide us with the information the public actually needs to get over this.

No Deal has the only credible plan. It involves us going splat on the rocks below but I just don't see how anything else answers the question.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
The die hard remainers are desperately hoping either a second referendum or just cancelling brexit and somehow gaslighting the leavers in to pretending none of this happened is going to get us out of this (okay, admittedly the latter is a tiny minority but it's there alright). As if the problem here is that it was 52-48 the wrong way. It isn't. It's that during that referendum we all got so entrenched in our positions, understandably given the significance of the matter, and no one is going to see the results of any second referendum not go in their favour and decide to budge unless there was a result that... well, one we all know there won't be.

The baffling lot who still think something near May's deal could work are banking that the idea that 'maybe if we tried it with a PM with a penis they will have more authority'. These are comfortably the most mentally broken people by this whole ordeal and I am going to assume further comment isn't required.

The No Deal lot are the ones with a credible plan. They are lemmings who want to run off the cliff because there might be a nice pool at the bottom. That is a clear way forward and one that will quickly provide us with the information the public actually needs to get over this.

No Deal has the only credible plan. It involves us going splat on the rocks below but I just don't see how anything else answers the question.
Come here to Ireland and tell everyone that

DOTA

Come here to Ireland and tell everyone that
Or I could try telling it to all the Brits terrified about getting their medicine supply. Both are terrifying and immediate crises we would face with no deal.

What is the other plan though? The one that somehow convinces the roughly half of the British people that they were wrong about what they're repeatedly told is one of the most important topics they've ever been asked about?

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
This is just such a weird, unique, complicated and dramatic situation.

As an Irish person, I remember the day so vividly that brexit was voted for. I was working at a bank on an internship and got so hyper and giddy knowing I was witnessing history in a location that was vaguely relevant to that decision.

What I'd do to go back and have the maturity to understand what a terrible and terrifying decision had been made.

It's so bizarre, all I hear from the UK is labour views. From twitter to this forum, its all labour. But the nation speaks so differently and its a shame. I hope this ends as softly as possible, and that's also speaking selfishly from an Irish perspective, but it seems so unlikely.

DOTA

He's being funny saying the BNP. Although the current gop is about what they are.

The two big parties are the conservatives and labor.
If you combine our two wholly insufficient answers you get somewhere near the truth.

Smores

Predictably the Brexit Party being the biggest party is being spun as a leave majority which clearly isn't the case if you look at the numbers.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
You cannot barrage the Farage! So happy for him for winning these elections.

The people voted to leave already. Just leave its the best decision for the UK and the best decision for the crumbling EU project to continue in its downward spiral towards failure. May that day arrive soon.

pacifictheme

Not been his ashamed of being british for 3 years. What a mess.

Its amazing that cockroach has twice duped the public, although i'm starting to think they're just relieved they can be overtly racist. Leaving the eu will benefit the rich, it'll arse feck everyone else.

The fact people don't get that / don't care is baffling.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
I can't believe Scotland and Northern Ireland haven't declared yet