UK General Election - 12th December 2019 | Con 365, Lab 203, LD 11, SNP 48, Other 23 - Tory Majority of 80

How do you intend to vote in the 2019 General Election if eligible?

• Brexit Party

Votes: 30 4.3%
  • Conservatives

Votes: 73 10.6%
  • DUP

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • Green

Votes: 23 3.3%
  • Labour

Votes: 355 51.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 58 8.4%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 3 0.4%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 9 1.3%
  • SNP

Votes: 19 2.8%
  • UKIP

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • Independent

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Other (BNP, Change UK, UUP and anyone else that I have forgotten)

Votes: 10 1.4%
  • Not voting

Votes: 57 8.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 41 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
did you read the chuffing survation thread...

the data I posted was the who would you vote for

they said in the thread after what the question was for the tactical voting question...

the straight our voting intention figure is libs+20 lab -20 from the last election

However the mailchimp link at the end shows its not that bad nationwide

FFS
info on the tactical vote question in the survation twitter thread
just read the thread :houllier:

its right in there

and as always with survation ... full tables... though clearly you wont be bothered to read them by the looks of it

https://t.co/akOMqoF8fc?amp=1

Sweet Square

did you read the chuffing survation thread...

the data I posted was the who would you vote for

they said in the thread after what the question was for the tactical voting question...

the straight our voting intention figure is libs+20 lab -20 from the last election

However the mailchimp link at the end shows its not that bad nationwide

FFS just read the thread :houllier:

its right in there

Why would they even ask a bizarre question like that ? Also post the info of the bizarre tactical question as well.

The whole thing is a joke :lol:

finneh

I usually vote Tory but I'm undecided this time. Can't stand Johnson but Corbyn is unfit to be PM. I'll probably look at the Tory party as a whole before casting my vote! Maybe I'll just draw a big cock on the ballot paper.
Same here. Current choices are between someone I disagree with on most policy pledges and the majority I agree with I don't think will be enacted and someone else with whom I vehemently disagree on pretty much every policy pledge.

At least my constituency has an 18,500 Tory majority so my vote is wholly irrelevant.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Still undecided between Labour/Lib Dem and Green. Like you I am going to struggle to vote for Labour. Will wait for the manifestos to come out and go from there.
Don't so suppose you're in a seat where the Greens have a chance? There is a couple, this time. Would be nice for Caroline to have a friend.

Sweet Square

Don't so suppose you're in a seat where the Greens have a chance? There is a couple, this time. Would be nice for Caroline to have a friend.
Is there any reason why they aren't doing that well ? FPTP is a awful system for smaller parties but considering how much more coverage climate change is getting, XR and that other green parties are doing ok else where(Germany seem to be the highlight) I sort of expected them to be doing a little bit better.

DOTA

Is there any reason why they aren't doing that well ? FPTP is a awful system for smaller parties but considering how much more coverage climate change is getting, XR and that other green parties are doing ok else where(Germany seem to be the highlight) I sort of expected them to be doing a little bit better.
Just that our middle class voting base is obsessed with trying to magically cancel brexit and the Lib Dems are seen as the anti-brexit party in England and Wales.

Zlatattack

I think labour campaigned on a leave platform didnt they in 2017?

And I believe even now they would not campaign for remain but be "neutral" even though they will negotiate a magical deal (perhaps he can arrange to have another show of hands vote overturned and refuse an actual ballot to get the NEC to back his deal)

So yeah as a remainer in what way are they remain... and especially corbyn

Labours policy is clear. They will re-negociate and acceptable Brexit deal with the EU and then put that deal to a referendum where the choice is the Labour deal or Remain. It's a democratic approach, not a hard leave or a hard remain approach.

decorativeed

Still undecided between Labour/Lib Dem and Green. Like you I am going to struggle to vote for Labour. Will wait for the manifestos to come out and go from there.
Don't you live in Preston? If so, any vote for a party other than Labour or Cons is a wasted vote, the other LDs and Greens have no chance there.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Labours policy is clear. They will re-negociate and acceptable Brexit deal with the EU and then put that deal to a referendum where the choice is the Labour deal or Remain. It's a democratic approach, not a hard leave or a hard remain approach.
Are they still pretending they are going to negotiate a customs union that allows the UK to access EU trade deals... Allows the UK a say in future EU deals and allows the UK to negotiate it's own deals
And didn't the UK say they won't renegotiate
Plus isn't the legal minimum 6 months for a referendum to be arranged
And hasn't Corbyn said he will have brexit solved in 6 months today
It all sounds like lies to me

decorativeed

I think with the Greens, the problems lie not with their manifesto, which I most closely align with, but with the candidates. Here is one of their candidates for my last local election: https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...-news/i-husband-fianc-two-boyfriends-14506530

finneh

I think with Labour having lurched quite far to the left, they are essentially a remain version of Labour but a bit more radical environmentally; but with a far lower chance of having any electoral impact. They want to abolish tuition fees, make the NHS 100% public, nationalise rail, introduce rent controls, abolish Trident, limit capitalism and jizz money all over every single public service.

You'd vote Lib Dem if you were focused on remain and you'd vote Labour if you wanted those kind of far left policies. So unless you're a climate fanatic (who I imagine Corbyn will try to woo anyway) I can't see why you'd vote Green.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
Don't you live in Preston? If so, any vote for a party other than Labour or Cons is a wasted vote, the other LDs and Greens have no chance there.
The Cons have no chance in Preston either. By your reckoning the only time your vote would count is if the party you voted for won by one vote, which is a valid opinion, but for others their vote is a statement that they have decided who they think is the right person or party to vote for, whether they win or lose. And that opinion is equally valid.

Zlatattack

Are they still pretending they are going to negotiate a customs union that allows the UK to access EU trade deals... Allows the UK a say in future EU deals and allows the UK to negotiate it's own deals
And didn't the UK say they won't renegotiate
Plus isn't the legal minimum 6 months for a referendum to be arranged
And hasn't Corbyn said he will have brexit solved in 6 months today
It all sounds like lies to me
Whereas "dead in a ditch" sounded like an earnest promise? He didn't have the mettle to resign, let alone die.

Perhaps you'd rather believe the party that cheerled austerity in the first place said something about not allowing uni fees to increase?

We've had 3 Tory PM's try this brexit lark, it gets worse each time. Time to try something else. The only real alternative is Labour, even the Lib dems don't kid themselves about getting into number 10.

DOTA

I think with Labour having lurched quite far to the left, they are essentially a remain version of Labour but a bit more radical environmentally; but with a far lower chance of having any electoral impact. They want to abolish tuition fees, make the NHS 100% public, nationalise rail, introduce rent controls, abolish Trident, limit capitalism and jizz money all over every single public service.

You'd vote Lib Dem if you were focused on remain and you'd vote Labour if you wanted those kind of far left policies. So unless you're a climate fanatic (who I imagine Corbyn will try to woo anyway) I can't see why you'd vote Green.
Labour conference this year was in Caroline Lucas' constituency and I saw lots of Momentum activists in 'Labour Green New Deal' t-shirts.

fergieisold

No context and he also got re homed. They even state it will be difficult to keep him in a house. There will always be people who cannot operate within the normal social fabric. It is very very sad but also the reality.

Satire is dead.
Wow, the moment I even consider Labour as a potential option I come across shit like this. If you like keeping your hard earned cash, don't vote Labour!

Zlatattack

You say it like these are bad things.

abolish tuition fees - Assume for a minute they do want to do this. It'll cost £100 billion to wipe out existing student debt. Boris's brexit deal with cost £70 billion. I know where i'd rather that money went.

make the NHS 100% public - As it should be. Privatisation has been a massive drain on the NHS finances. Nurses on NHS contracts are quiting to work for agencies where they get paid twice as much and do much less work. Everyone is making money at every turn, cleaning, cooking, parking, office supplies, IT. There will always be involvement with the private sector, but right now it's a cash cow at the expense of patient care.

nationalise rail - When existing contracts end they don't want to renew them. The East coast mainline does perfectly well nationalised, goes to pot under private ownership. If Germany can run the buses, trains and freight in 12 European countries - why can't we use the same private/public model in the UK?

introduce rent controls - Much needed. Rent is higher than mortgages, houses are being bought regularly to be put on rent, prices are driven up by this, forcing more people to rent and less to buy. We also need controls on rogue landlords.

abolish Trident - Not to eager on this personally. A nuclear detterent is probably still useful. We'd be much safer though if we took the Scandanavian approach to foreign policy though - rather than the dreams of empire. Trident isn't going to keep the Russians at bay if they wanted to invade, we don't have enough bombs to wipe out Russia, whereas they do. The MAD doctrine doesn't apply. Seems wiser to invest in the navy, airforce, army, a military cyber wing and invest in missile defence or hypersonic missiles - rather than trident.

limit capitalism - You mean ask them to pay taxes just like you and i do? Or prevent them from behaving in the manner that caused the global financial crash of 2008?

jizz money all over every single public service. - Public services? Who needs them. If we'd all just die at our desks it'd be much more cost effective.

Zlatattack

No context and he also got re homed. They even state it will be difficult to keep him in a house. There will always be people who cannot operate within the normal social fabric. It is very very sad but also the reality.

Wow, the moment I even consider Labour as a potential option I come across shit like this. If you like keeping your hard earned cash, don't vote Labour!
So you think you're going to be a billionaire? You remind me of that Tory voter on question time who cried because she thought the Tories supported small businesses, but then when she went broke, she realised they had cut all the services that were supposed to protect her.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/po...wn-on-Question-Time-over-tax-credit-cuts.html

Don't be selfish. Labour doesn't want you in the poor house, it wants poor people to have a life of dignity. It wants the incredibly wealthy to pay for that through a tiny part of their wealth.

Sweet Square

Just that our middle class voting base is obsessed with trying to magically cancel brexit and the Lib Dems are seen as the anti-brexit party in England and Wales.
:(

Its quite depressing how much traction this obsession has got so far.
I think with the Greens, the problems lie not with their manifesto, which I most closely align with, but with the candidates. Here is one of their candidates for my last local election: https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...-news/i-husband-fianc-two-boyfriends-14506530
Dam Hippies! It will derail the thread but I can never get my head around the polyamory stuff. Its difficult enough just disappointing the one person.

I honestly hope you lose all your money.

abolish tuition fees - Assume for a minute they do want to do this. It'll cost £100 billion to wipe out existing student debt. Boris's brexit deal with cost £70 billion. I know where i'd rather that money went.

make the NHS 100% public - As it should be. Privatisation has been a massive drain on the NHS finances. Nurses on NHS contracts are quiting to work for agencies where they get paid twice as much and do much less work. Everyone is making money at every turn, cleaning, cooking, parking, office supplies, IT. There will always be involvement with the private sector, but right now it's a cash cow at the expense of patient care.

nationalise rail - When existing contracts end they don't want to renew them. The East coast mainline does perfectly well nationalised, goes to pot under private ownership. If Germany can run the buses, trains and freight in 12 European countries - why can't we use the same private/public model in the UK?

introduce rent controls - Much needed. Rent is higher than mortgages, houses are being bought regularly to be put on rent, prices are driven up by this, forcing more people to rent and less to buy. We also need controls on rogue landlords.

abolish Trident - Not to eager on this personally. A nuclear detterent is probably still useful. We'd be much safer though if we took the Scandanavian approach to foreign policy though - rather than the dreams of empire. Trident isn't going to keep the Russians at bay if they wanted to invade, we don't have enough bombs to wipe out Russia, whereas they do. The MAD doctrine doesn't apply. Seems wiser to invest in the navy, airforce, army, a military cyber wing and invest in missile defence or hypersonic missiles - rather than trident.

limit capitalism - You mean ask them to pay taxes just like you and i do? Or prevent them from behaving in the manner that caused the global financial crash of 2008?

jizz money all over every single public service. - Public services? Who needs them. If we'd all just die at our desks it'd be much more cost effective.
Finneh wanks over pictures of Thatcher.

Its just a waste of your time.

Last edited:

Honest John

Lets make cold people warm by chopping the house up and throwing it on the fire :houllier:

Smores

I think labour campaigned on a leave platform didnt they in 2017?

And I believe even now they would not campaign for remain but be "neutral" even though they will negotiate a magical deal (perhaps he can arrange to have another show of hands vote overturned and refuse an actual ballot to get the NEC to back his deal)

So yeah as a remainer in what way are they remain... and especially corbyn

So campaigning for a second referendum isn't a remain act now according to you? That's an interesting take I'll give you that

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
So campaigning for a second referendum isn't a remain act now according to you? That's an interesting take I'll give you that
Which part of negotiating a deal to leave the EU is a Remain act, a second referendum you could be on both sides.

I'm pretty sure you don't believe the nonsense negotiating proposal of Corbyn. Never going to happen - so what would the choice be in the referendum ?

Untied

Which part of negotiating a deal to leave the EU is a Remain act, a second referendum you could be on both sides.

I'm pretty sure you don't believe the nonsense negotiating proposal of Corbyn. Never going to happen - so what would the choice be in the referendum ?
again we have this fun thing where centrists blame their own ignorance of Labour policy on Corbyn/Labour.

the policy is for a second referendum with remain vs a genuine leave option

if that doesn’t satisfy you and you want to undemocratically revoke a referendum result fair enough. but don’t claim the labour policy isn’t clear

Smores

It is if the country is remain, isn't that why we want a referendum because we think it is? And if it isn't remain and leave win then I'd rather a Labour brexit than boris one.

You're correct in that i think Labour are over selling what they might get as i don't think they'll get much at all but do i mind if they try? No

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore

4% margin of error with 90% accuracy
2% margin of error with 66% accuracy

If Conservatives and Brexit do form a pact the only real question is who gets the 2nd highest vote share libs or labour)

EwanI Ted

I was confused earlier by Corbyns line that only NHS employees should deliver NHS services. GPs, chemists, optometrists and so on are all private entities delivering NHS contracts. So how does this apply to them? I assume he's not intending to nationalise Specsavers?

Also, what about charities (like the one I work for) that gets commissioned to deliver NHS services to homeless people? Is that going to get taken away from us too? That would be a retrograde step.

Rent controls are one of the least contentious topics in economics, they limit the supply of housing and in doing so raise the prices of housing and/or reduce its quality. This short piece is a nice intro, this longer study is good too, looking at the long term effects of rent controls being introduced to san francisco. No surprise, it forced rents up and lowered the availability of housing.

Now maybe Labour can come up with some new version of rent control policy that obviates this problem, Im happy to wait and see. But the mere fact of rent controls themselves is not something to get behind, its been shown to be a self-defeating policy. There's only one way to reduce the cost of renting, build more houses.

Last edited:

decorativeed

Dam Hippies! It will derail the thread but I can never get my head around the polyamory stuff. Its difficult enough just disappointing the one person.
It's not so much the lifestyle choice - each to their own, etc - it's the idea that there are going to be voters that relate with those people and trust them to have a say in their local services when they've shown such poor judgement to go to the papers with stories about their personal lives.

fergieisold

So you think you're going to be a billionaire? You remind me of that Tory voter on question time who cried because she thought the Tories supported small businesses, but then when she went broke, she realised they had cut all the services that were supposed to protect her.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/po...wn-on-Question-Time-over-tax-credit-cuts.html

Don't be selfish. Labour doesn't want you in the poor house, it wants poor people to have a life of dignity. It wants the incredibly wealthy to pay for that through a tiny part of their wealth.
Nope, but I count myself lucky that I'm not jealous of wealthy people. Billionaires pay tax don't they? Conservatives are the party for anybody with aspirations to better themselves and I truly believe that.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.

hmmm...

Most of us growing up and living in the 60s and 70s must be all kin communists then eh?

Far Left policies.

:lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.