UK General Election - 12th December 2019 | Con 365, Lab 203, LD 11, SNP 48, Other 23 - Tory Majority of 80

How do you intend to vote in the 2019 General Election if eligible?

• Brexit Party

Votes: 30 4.3%
  • Conservatives

Votes: 73 10.6%
  • DUP

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • Green

Votes: 23 3.3%
  • Labour

Votes: 355 51.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 58 8.4%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 3 0.4%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 9 1.3%
  • SNP

Votes: 19 2.8%
  • UKIP

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • Independent

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Other (BNP, Change UK, UUP and anyone else that I have forgotten)

Votes: 10 1.4%
  • Not voting

Votes: 57 8.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 41 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I'm voting Mr Pigeon.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I'm voting Tory, you know it makes sense.
Hey man! I too have suffered severe head trauma after being trampled by stampeding horses! Let's vote for Tory together! I'll bring the crayons if you bring the propeller hats!

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
He could be made a lord as Dota said.
Not till somebody else was made pm and nominated him though? (I think)... And formed a government and passed a queen's speach and then did an honours list... Perhaps there is a way round it but I think somebody else would have to be pm then give it up... And I can't envisage many MPs who would do that

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
:lol::lol::lol: Brilliant.

'For the money, not the coop'.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
There were some shy Tories on C4 news early, when they did a box pop pop north among diehard Brexiteers in Warrington.
Box pop? BOX POP?

BOX?!

it's Vox Pop you twit :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Huur durrrr em a jurnlist and ma nem is jippers :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: you dumb shit

*Cries and wanks into a sock*

Smores

So tactical voting would win remain the election but the website of the same study just points almost everyone to vote lib dem anyway....and would you believe it's run by a former lib dem staffer.

Fingeredmouse

So tactical voting would win remain the election but the website of the same study just points almost everyone to vote lib dem anyway....and would you believe it's run by a former lib dem staffer.
That website is utter nonsense.

Abizzz

Aside from the one Cameron bought with his referendum promise (and helped by libdem suicide), when was the last time the tories had a outright majority after a general election?

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Aside from the one Cameron bought with his referendum promise (and helped by libdem suicide), when was the last time the tories had a outright majority after a general election?
They won a majority in '92.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Thanks. At least by that metric it's a bit of an uphill battle for Boris then.
Yeah but they managed to get a majority with John "tepid water in an old iron tankard, please" Major. This time around the Tories are competing against Jo "shit I lost my seat" Swinson and a guy who resembles Dobby from Harry Potter and Dobby from Peep Show AND a Dobbies Garden Centre.

Abizzz

Yeah but they managed to get a majority with John "tepid water in an old iron tankard, please" Major. This time around the Tories are competing against Jo "shit I lost my seat" Swinson and a guy who resembles Dobby from Harry Potter and Dobby from Peep Show AND a Dobbies Garden Centre.
Yeah but they have Homer Simpson running themselves. Alright that's harsh on Homer; he's a lot more honest than Johnson. But he does work for FOX.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Yeah but they have Homer Simpson running themselves.

:lol: true but that'll only become apparent if Boris has to open his mouth in a public setting outside of his echo chamber. He's already a coward as it is and after seeing how much May managed to feck up her "strong and stable" image he'll be doubly cowardly this campaign I bet. I've said it before; one debate, pre moderated, and that'll be all he does.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
:lol: true but that'll only become apparent if Boris has to open his mouth in a public setting outside of his echo chamber. He's already a coward as it is and after seeing how much May managed to feck up her "strong and stable" image he'll be doubly cowardly this campaign I bet. I've said it before; one debate, pre moderated, and that'll be all he does.
I think he's gonna get out and about. He genuinely believes he's got a charisma that appeals to the 'common man' and he's gonna end up waffling in Latin in Dudley North.

Abizzz

I have no clue how this will go, but from my perspective the conservatives are appearing to take their majority for granted a bit like in 2017 (but my perspective is limited at the moment). From what I see labour is trying to tell me why people should vote labour, while the conservatives are mostly telling me that people will vote conservative (and brexit phrase a,b,d and h).

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I think he's gonna get out and about. He genuinely believes he's got a charisma that appeals to the 'common man' and he's gonna end up waffling in Latin in Dudley North.
"Tara-bit, as I believe you are all fond of saying. Much like Jove the dies pater surrounding by milky towel wearing toffs with sandals, quiffs and quims undertow trying to confuse him with tales of woe and consternation. The non believers will tell you that we cannot leave the EU with a good deal. Well I tell you today that we will. We will bring jobs to London. We will bring new services to London. We will bring joy to London. And if you do your best to entertain like dancing nancies with tumultunous aggin' surrounded by busty babs whenever someone mentions "Remain" then I have a bag of shiny stones for you to look at and jingle in your pockets."

NWRed

That website is utter nonsense.
They used a type of anysis called Multilevel Regression and Post-stratification (MRP), the only model to correctly predict the outcome of shock 2017 election results:

"a recently developed technique called Multilevel Regression and Post-stratification (or 'MRP' for short) is used to produce estimates for small geographies (local authorities for the EU referendum, states in the 2016 American Presidential election, and Parliamentary constituencies for the 2017 General Election).

The idea behind MRP is that we use the poll data from the preceding seven days to estimate a model relating interview date, constituency, voter demographics, past voting behaviour, and other respondent profile variables to their current voting intentions. This model is then used to estimate the probability that a voter with specified characteristics will vote Conservative, Labour, or some other party. Using data from the UK Office of National Statistics, the British Election Study, and past election results, an estimate is made of the number of each type of voter in each constituency. Combining the model probabilities and estimated census counts allows YouGov to produce a fairly accurate estimate of the number of voters in each constituency intending to vote for a party on each day."

They surveyed 46,000 people to come up with their data, a very large sample size.

The constituencies being questioned are the ones with new high profile Lib Dem candidates (heavy remain areas where polling shows the Lib Dems winning despite previous results), it's exactly what you'd expect in a political environment where Brexit identity is stronger than party identity for a large percentage of voters.

The website tells me to vote Labour btw.

NWRed

Likewise and I won't...Even though I want to remain I simply won't vote for the current labour party
Partly Corbyn but mostly I have no faith in the prospective labour candidate

I'll vote libs I think
Lib Dems have literally no chance where I live (heavy leave, current Labour seat) so I know it would be a vote only to boost national percentages. I'll need to see constituency level polling (if available) before I can make a decision, if there's a chance of the Tories or the Brexit Party getting in I will grit my teeth and vote Labour. The risk to the future of the country if Johnson wins or Farage get legitimised even more is just too great in my opinion. I do understand your relutance though.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Likewise and I won't...Even though I want to remain I simply won't vote for the current labour party
Partly Corbyn but mostly I have no faith in the prospective labour candidate

I'll vote libs I think
Still undecided between Labour/Lib Dem and Green. Like you I am going to struggle to vote for Labour. Will wait for the manifestos to come out and go from there.

Untied

So what Lib Dem policies do you really like and which Labour policies do you really dislike?

Status
Not open for further replies.