UK General Election - 12th December 2019 | Con 365, Lab 203, LD 11, SNP 48, Other 23 - Tory Majority of 80

How do you intend to vote in the 2019 General Election if eligible?

• Brexit Party

Votes: 30 4.3%
  • Conservatives

Votes: 73 10.6%
  • DUP

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • Green

Votes: 23 3.3%
  • Labour

Votes: 355 51.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 58 8.4%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 3 0.4%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 9 1.3%
  • SNP

Votes: 19 2.8%
  • UKIP

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • Independent

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Other (BNP, Change UK, UUP and anyone else that I have forgotten)

Votes: 10 1.4%
  • Not voting

Votes: 57 8.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 41 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

EwanI Ted

Why is it bad for the Labour party/government to stay neutral if there was new referendum ?
For this to matter they’ll have had to have stormed to a huge upset victory and will be basking in the new Government glow. Few prime ministers are as popular as they are in the first few months. If Labour refuse to back Remain I believe that’ll influence people in what is bound to be a narrow vote.

Yeah but Labour are the ones that can form some sort of Government
This is neither here nor there. Either Labour get a clear majority or the Lib Dems do well and Labour form some sort of pact with them. Either way, it happens, so it’s not a differentiating factor.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Why would it be bad for a Labour government to stay neutral on a new referendum ?
If they can get elected on a manifesto of staying neutral then thats 100% the right thing to do
Problem is we are going to have 6 weeks or so of continual do you prefer to remain or leave... and when people spout the party line the question will be what do you personally think... or how did you vote before and have you changed your mind
Its the biggest issue in the election and I think this policy will be death by 1000 cuts for them in the election campaign... but I guess we will find out over the next few weeks

Sweet Square

For this to matter they’ll have had to have stormed to a huge upset victory and will be basking in the new Government glow. Few prime ministers are as popular as they are in the first few months. If Labour refuse to back Remain I believe that’ll influence people in what is bound to be a narrow vote..
More reason to vote Labour, no ? But fair enough.

This is neither here nor there. Either Labour get a clear majority or the Lib Dems do well and Labour form some sort of pact with them. Either way, it happens, so it’s not a differentiating factor.
That not going to happen as the Lib Dem history shows. They simply don't work with the Labour Party.

Last edited:

Infra-red

Have you any idea how fecking insulting that is?

Just because I'm not a Commie bastard, doesn't make me a Nazi ffs! I am passionately pro Remain, who the feck am I supposed to vote for, smart arse?
The Brexit Party. They're right wing, but the more votes they get, the less likely it is that Brexit actually happens.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
Have you any idea how fecking insulting that is?

Just because I'm not a Commie bastard, doesn't make me a Nazi ffs! I am passionately pro Remain, who the feck am I supposed to vote for, smart arse?
Same as any other passionate remainer - vote for whoever's most likely to beat the Tory in your area.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
After PMQs, Corbyn’s spokesman told journalists:

As we demanded of Theresa May and she refused to agree, we would challenge Boris Johnson to agree today to head-to-head TV debates in this campaign.
But when asked about a three-way discussion with Swinson, the spokesman replied:
We are in discussion with the broadcasters. But there are only two people who can be prime minister at the end of this campaign and I think the British public have a clear right to see them debate head-to-head on TV and hear their cases.

Corbyn's not taking part then? Hohoho!

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location

As we demanded of Theresa May and she refused to agree, we would challenge Boris Johnson to agree today to head-to-head TV debates in this campaign.
But when asked about a three-way discussion with Swinson, the spokesman replied:
We are in discussion with the broadcasters. But there are only two people who can be prime minister at the end of this campaign and I think the British public have a clear right to see them debate head-to-head on TV and hear their cases.

According to the RedCafe poll, he's going to win by a landslide. :houllier:

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore

Boris will go for a Big panel type debate and Corbyn will be a chicken (again) if he does not take part

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Colin it's a predominately left wing forum what do you expect?
Exactly. You'd see the same on RAWK. The question on the poll isn't "Who do you think will win?" but "Who are you voting for?"

Think we've had this discussion before but Colin keeps getting his knickers in a twist at the idea that some forums are predominantly left wing.

We know that odds are pretty certain that the Conservatives will be the largest party again. Doesn't mean we have to vote for them though if they don't align with our political beliefs.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Brighton one is more spread out and has more replies than our thread: https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?376151-The-General-Election-Thread

Telegraph did an article a few years back: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...lain-politics-labour-dominate-the-premier-le/

Bit basic as it just goes into the postcode of the club but generally it matches up.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Brighton one is more spread out and has more replies than our thread: https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?376151-The-General-Election-Thread

Telegraph did an article a few years back: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...lain-politics-labour-dominate-the-premier-le/

Bit basic as it just goes into the postcode of the club but generally it matches up.
isn't brighton a green stronghold? it's hard to make sense of that poll.
@DiseaseOfTheAge please bless us with your knoweldge

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Meanwhile at GoonersWorld...

The Manager Referendum

Unai REMAINERS (IN)
16%
Unai LEAVERS (OUT)
84%

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Exactly. You'd see the same on RAWK. The question on the poll isn't "Who do you think will win?" but "Who are you voting for?"

Think we've had this discussion before but Colin keeps getting his knickers in a twist at the idea that some forums are predominantly left wing.

We know that odds are pretty certain that the Conservatives will be the largest party again. Doesn't mean we have to vote for them though if they don't align with our political beliefs.
Corbyn and the Labour Party get as much abuse as the Torys, yet, still, 50% of the Forum would be happy to vote for him.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
Corbyn and the Labour Party get as much abuse as the Torys, yet, still, 50% of the Forum would be happy to vote for him.
Some are happy some feel you've still got to eat even if there's only shit food.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me

Classic

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
isn't brighton a green stronghold? it's hard to make sense of that poll.
@DiseaseOfTheAge please bless us with your knoweldge
Most Albion fans come from the towns outside of Brighton. Brighton and Hove Albion are basically Sussex FC.

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
Not as much point criticising the Tories if we all already agree that they are a bunch of incompetent arseholes.

Status
Not open for further replies.