UK General Election - 12th December 2019 | Con 365, Lab 203, LD 11, SNP 48, Other 23 - Tory Majority of 80

How do you intend to vote in the 2019 General Election if eligible?

• Brexit Party

Votes: 30 4.3%
  • Conservatives

Votes: 73 10.6%
  • DUP

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • Green

Votes: 23 3.3%
  • Labour

Votes: 355 51.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 58 8.4%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 3 0.4%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 9 1.3%
  • SNP

Votes: 19 2.8%
  • UKIP

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • Independent

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Other (BNP, Change UK, UUP and anyone else that I have forgotten)

Votes: 10 1.4%
  • Not voting

Votes: 57 8.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 41 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Such a ridiculous statement. Before you ask I don’t have a particular party I lean towards but to suggest the more informed would vote for Labour is laughable.

You’re implying you’re more intelligent because you vote for a particular party.
Being informed is not the same as being intelligent though so I don't think that's what is being implied there.
Being informed in this context is just having information about politics/policies. You should probably just take on what he actually said there, rather than twisting what he says.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Such a ridiculous statement. Before you ask I don’t have a particular party I lean towards but to suggest the more informed would vote for Labour is laughable.

You’re implying you’re more intelligent because you vote for a particular party.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-50351821

"As well as being more inclined towards Labour, evidence suggests UK Twitter users are unrepresentative of the population in another way - they are far more politically engaged."

Those who are more politically engaged are more likely to vote Labour.

finneh

"As well as being more inclined towards Labour, evidence suggests UK Twitter users are unrepresentative of the population in another way - they are far more politically engaged."

Or Twitter uses are young and young people are more likely to vote Labour. Correlation not causation.

A politically engaged and intellectual 55 year old (who's likely to be a Tory) is unlikely to be active on Twitter.

does politically engaged just mean vocal? It’s not exactly a healthy platform to proclaim your a Tory voter on!

Acole9

Outstanding
Had no idea this was on tonight until just now. Tories have sent their answer to Ed Miliband along again, he's dreadful.

The context being you were moaning about maybe losing one of your properties.
the implication is that I am I’ll informed. The reality is I won’t lose any of my properties, it it will seriously restrict who I rent to and/ or will sell on my terms before any such legislation comes into effect. This will reduce good quality rental properties and push up the cost of the remaining stock. Not a good idea.

Ultimate Grib

Supports
LA Galaxy
He's just full of soundbites.
He’s answering the questions put to him in a decent manner. In those answers he has to hammer home the campaign slogans because that’s what has been focus-grouped and is something that will resonates with people when thinking about Labour.

Acole9

Outstanding
The Labour guy won't give a straight answer to any of the questions.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
He’s answering the questions put to him in a decent manner. In that he has to hammer home the campaign slogans because that’s what has been focus-grouped and is something that will resonates with people when thinking about Labour.
I understand how it works, I just think he's a poor orator in all honesty.

Acole9

Outstanding
It's a shame there's no Green Party candidate standing in my area as they would almost certainly get my vote.

Ultimate Grib

Supports
LA Galaxy
I understand how it works, I just think he's a poor orator in all honesty.
He’s not the best but he’s doing fine. Bar Sturgeon and Farage who are natural public speakers he’s doing better than the others.

Most of them are like that to be fair. Short sentences and basic wording.
They’re appealing to the basic folk. The rational folk will not make their mind up on a whim.

Smores

I got round to watching Marr. Now is he so ill informed that he's unable to call out lies like the above or (the more likely) are they just so afraid of losing access to the Tories that they won't call out the lies

Sweet Square

the implication is that I am I’ll informed.
You think living in more equal society means everyone giving up their iPhones(You aren't the first ill informed tory on here who thinks getting rid of iPhones is the answer to all our problems).

The reality is I won’t lose any of my properties
So why did you say you would ?
would you be happy if you were forced to sell one of your assets?

Anyway the reality is your a land lord, the labour party can't win you over without destroying the party base and really the only thing that annoys me about people like yourself(Bar of course the awful actions that happen due to the way you vote, e.g. British weapons being used to kill kids in Yemen)is the lack of honesty. Why bother saying its somehow the fault of the Labour Party for no wining you over when you have multiple properties, why lie about how people love renting and don't in fact want to buy a home, why act surprised when people insult you because your voting for a party that has destroyed the very poorest in this country over last decade and finally the warped idea that you voting tory isn't in your own self interest.

Although in fairness you lot have never really changed -

“The Tories in England long imagined that they were enthusiastic about monarchy, the church, and the beauties of the old English Constitution, until the day of danger wrung from them the confession that they are enthusiastic only about ground rent.”

Smores

Just switched the debate on as i didn't even know about it. Sometimes i think Burgon is just Milliband in a fat suit

Smores

I can't remember if it was me or some other wise soul (:smirk:), but someone on here said having a general election before Brexit was resolved was a horrendous mistake....got to agree the way things are going.

The only thing getting the Tories it's lead is the brexit issue. They've been slaughtered on every other issue.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Interesting, and unsurprising, to hear Farage defending Johnson & co over the 'Trump wants to buy the NHS' claim. Figures.

Status
Not open for further replies.