UK General Election - 12th December 2019 | Con 365, Lab 203, LD 11, SNP 48, Other 23 - Tory Majority of 80

How do you intend to vote in the 2019 General Election if eligible?

• Brexit Party

Votes: 30 4.3%
  • Conservatives

Votes: 73 10.6%
  • DUP

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • Green

Votes: 23 3.3%
  • Labour

Votes: 355 51.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 58 8.4%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 3 0.4%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 9 1.3%
  • SNP

Votes: 19 2.8%
  • UKIP

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • Independent

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Other (BNP, Change UK, UUP and anyone else that I have forgotten)

Votes: 10 1.4%
  • Not voting

Votes: 57 8.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 41 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
He’d be a great PM. Terrible campaigner.
But he's not going to be pm. As much as that may suck for people, he should have gone last time and definitely has to this time.

Lose this and he has failed, twice. That's left us with another Tory government. If he doesn't resign straight away, it says a lot.

He’s too old, he’ll be gone. He looks tired. Fair play to him though, his term when he get re-elected will take him to over 40 years as an MP in one constituency.
Yep, that is some achievment.

Fluctuation0161

That’s what hurts. 4 words;

You. Are. A. Liar.

It would have gone so far.

Boris is a lying piece of sh1t. To lose to him is understandable. To lose by a huge margin is unforgivable.
It would have also added weight because Corbyn rarely gets confrontational in that way. It had to be done tonight.

You can't beat liars like Boris without calling them out every single time. Yes it gets tedious. Yes its impolite. But the lies are infuriating.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
It would have also added weight because Corbyn rarely gets confrontational in that way. It had to be done tonight.

You can't beat liars like Boris without calling them out every single time. Yes it gets tedious. Yes its impolite. But the lies are infuriating.
As with Trump.....If the company gets Boris, they deserve Boris.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Undecided voter on the news right now "I want to hear him say something other than 'get Brexit done'".

How the feck are you still undecided you moron? What exactly are you expecting to hear?

Ultimate Grib

Supports
LA Galaxy
This is what Momentum are pushing from tonight. Just one moment:

It’s not enough. And unsurprisingly BBC have cut it from their new coverage.

To make matters worse, Boris even made a joke about lying and yet Corbyn can't even provide a killer blow despite Boris fecking up.

I mean lying is not a fecking joke in politics, doing it to the entire population of a country in a significant vote should be a criminal offense for fecks sake. Especially if it's to aid in their own political and financial gain. I mean come on Corbyn, you have all the ammunition for fecks sake. It's why i've got so frustrated by him, so many missed opportunities over and over again.
He cant go for that line because he has too many skeletons in his own closet. He'll lose a slanging match the second his ties to terrorist organisations are brought up.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Why are Johnson's supporters so frightened of Sturgeon allying with Corbyn? Ffs, when they're not patronising the Scots, they're making them out to be terrifying monsters. The Battle of Bannockburn was over 700 ears ago, you bigots.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Why are Johnson's supporters so frightened of Sturgeon allying with Corbyn? Ffs, when they're not patronising the Scots, they're making them out to be terrifying monsters. The Battle of Bannockburn was over 700 ears ago, you bigots.
Better Together. Just Remember Your Place, Jocks.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I'm looking forward to Corbyn laying into Boris. In the morning at some small get together. Which won't be reported because it's not PRIME FECKING TIME LIVE ON TV. YOU HAD YOUR CHANCE AND YOU BLEW IT. Cina's mum

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Don't know why you guys bother watching it.

Tory mantra is lies and slogans aimed at thicko's. Has been for a while.

Their core base is already locked down. This is about sweeping up the brexit lot. They will GET IT DONE.
#BlameAnyoneButCorbyn

Smores

Surely there's no one who doesn't think Corbyn should be out for definite now if he doesn't win this election?

I mean, come on.
I wouldn't say win as that was always a huge hurdle. If he doesn't prevent a Tory majority then he'll stand down.

If the Tories do get a majority the next election will be primed for Labour as brexit will have been shown to be a bad idea, economically we'll be worse off and we'll have dithered on climate change.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I wouldn't say win as that was always a huge hurdle. If he doesn't prevent a Tory majority then he'll stand down.

If the Tories do get a majority the next election will be primed for Labour as brexit will have been shown to be a bad idea, economically we'll be worse off and we'll have dithered on climate change.
So if the Tories stay in power, even without a majority, you think he should stay?

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I'm looking forward to Corbyn laying into Boris. In the morning at some small get together. Which won't be reported because it's not PRIME FECKING TIME LIVE ON TV. YOU HAD YOUR CHANCE AND YOU BLEW IT. Cina's mum
Yep. Corbyn blew it. Or more like he’s never ever had it in his arsenal to blow. He’s not a leader: you want Corbyn as your Home secretary or Foreign Minister, a passionate ideas guy who takes no prisonsers. But he is not a leader who can win arguments through the force of his personality not unify disparate groups because of his charisma. He’d make for an awful PM.

Doesn’t matter because despite have all the ammunition and policies, by not landing a glove all night, Corbyn ensures that BJ nailed it.

Am fully expecting a Tory majority. And Labour is to blame for that

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

And the Tories will have broken the democratic process further and made it harder again for Labour to get in. Whoever takes over from Corbyn will have had 5 years of character assassination to contend with and be equally unelectable and fatigued.

EDIT - Didn’t see the context was Corbyn continuing.

Smores

So if the Tories stay in power, even without a majority, you think he should stay?
I expect they'd announce a leadership contest but he'd serve in the interim period rather than resigning and leaving it to an acting leader.

With a minority they'll be a lot of movement within the first 2 months so it wouldn't be the time. I'd hope a delay and a second referendum leaves that gap for a leadership contest though.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
They were saying exactly the same thing last election. Remember all the "coalition of chaos" bullshit? Luckily we got a strong and stable Conservative government and the country has gone from strength to strength :)

hobbers

To be fair the SNP are bad enough at running Scotland. You don't want them holding the keys to downing street.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
They were saying exactly the same thing last election. Remember all the "coalition of chaos" bullshit? Luckily we got a strong and stable Conservative government and the country has gone from strength to strength :)
it was a major attack line in 2015 too

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
To be fair the SNP are bad enough at running Scotland. You don't want them holding the keys to downing street.
Oh, you're going to need to explain this one because that's quite a statement to make without providing any evidence.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Too little too late. Corbyn needed to use such lines in the debate and not within his twitter echo chamber.

hobbers

Oh, you're going to need to explain this one because that's quite a statement to make without providing any evidence.
Rising inequality, poverty, drug use, failed superhospitals, plummeting educational standards...

But it's fine because *magician hand wave* look over here: Independence! Tories! Westminster!

Basically Scotland's equivalent to Leave.EU. Build up a base of the least well off in society to function as their turkeys who will vote for Christmas.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Hold on, are the crowd turning on Chairman Corbyn?

You've all known he was shit for the past 3 years and you chose to forget it in the past few weeks.
I think most of us are voting him for the sake of voting anyone other than fecking Tories. Personally, i'm still pissed with him and his shit attitude during the intial build up to the Referendum but ultimately he's the only option to get the people destroying the country out of office.

No I don't expect him to win either before you ask. I'm resigned to another 5 years of wankers getting richer while the rest of the country suffers. But BREXIT and all that shite.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Genuinely confused as to how anyone would think Johnson came off better in that debate.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Fair enough, @hobbers some good points there. But there's a couple that I would argue

Rising inequality yet lower than England's, poverty yet lower than England's, drug use, failed superhospitals, plummeting educational standards...
Some of the issues can be associated to Westminster cuts as they affect the whole of the UK.

But sometimes that doesn't tell the whole story and, indeed, the SNP can't hide behind the "Westminster cuts" excuse for them. Education in particular is something close to my heart, as I work in the sector. The cuts to funding have been a major problem, but then again so was Mike Russell who was probably the worst thing that could happen to Scottish education. He basically said "nah, colleges are pointless" and stuck two middle fingers to anything that wasn't a university.

There's clearly a divide in political attitudes between the two nations though, that can't be ignored. The UK as an ideal doesn't exactly work when one or all of the nation's are left behind in exchange for the big London behemoth. My only hope is that one day someone in Westminster actually cares enough about rebalancing the nations, but I'll probably be dead by then. Or at the very least sipping from a bowl of sawdust water talking to my sock puppets about how we battered the English in the 2023 IndyRef.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Genuinely confused as to how anyone would think Johnson came off better in that debate.
Because he didn't feck it up and now he's only got to avoid the press for 6 days and he's PM again with a majority.

Status
Not open for further replies.