Under 17 World Cup - India - 6th - 28th Oct

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout
Angel Gomes is coming on and you can already hear some noise from the fans. Good to see lot of people making it to the stadium.

Shame none of the matches are in Bangalore. They should start showing some respect to 2 times I league champions in last 4 years :D

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Been a bit disappointed by Foden today, Sancho's had a brilliant game.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Commentator just confirmed that Gomes got a knock in training and that's why didn't start. Meanwhile he's on and gets the captaincy.

roonster09

Scout
Angel Gomes came on and got the arm band. Forgot he was the captain for U17s

roonster09

Scout
Commentator just confirmed that Gomes got a knock in training and that's why didn't start. Meanwhile he's on and gets the captaincy.
Did the commentator say stadium capacity is 67K or today's attendance?

KM

Did the commentator say stadium capacity is 67K or today's attendance?
It's the stadium capacity. Stadium doesn't look full at all, although still more than 10k supporters.

roonster09

Scout
Gomes on for what 2-3 mins and created 2 very good chances.

KM

Gomes comes on and immediately making two clear cut chances for the team. Standard stuff.

roonster09

Scout
Gomes passing is ridiculously good. Created one more chance and Chile GK is sent off.

Classical Mechanic

Was Angel Gomes born and raised in England :confused:

Gomes looked the goods when he came. England looked really strong against the Copa America U17 runners up.

McEachran was my man of the match. Lots of depth in the squad. Sessegnon didn't even get on. As good as Hudson-Odoi is I much prefer the more technical Gomes as the 10.

Classical Mechanic

Goals

Hudson-Odoi, shame it doesn't show the full build up as it was a very good team move from the back.

Sancho 1

Sancho 2, great work from McEachran

Gomes, fantastic free kick.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
This is the age category we’ve been waiting on for some time. Some genuine stars in this group of players, if England are to win anything in the next decade the likes of Gomes, McEachran, Sessegon, Foden, Sancho etc will be at the heart of it.

Gomes looked the goods when he came. England looked really strong against the Copa America U17 runners up.

McEachran was my man of the match. Lots of depth in the squad. Sessegnon didn't even get on. As good as Hudson-Odoi is I much prefer the more technical Gomes as the 10.
He's obviously beyond this level now but having R. Sessegnon in the squad would have improved our defence massively. Panzo's a better footballing CB than the other options but is having to play LB.

Still, this is a pretty good generation.

Classical Mechanic

Gomes on. These commentators are clueless tits.
Abysmal really as they had no clue who he was. You could tell they had only seen this team in the u17 Euros when Gomes was out. You'd expect people getting paid for that to do better.

He's obviously beyond this level now but having R. Sessegnon in the squad would have improved our defence massively. Panzo's a better footballing CB than the other options but is having to play LB.

Steve Sess can play LB too. Panzo did OK though in not his natural position.

Loublaze

ATLien
This is the age category we’ve been waiting on for some time. Some genuine stars in this group of players, if England are to win anything in the next decade the likes of Gomes, McEachran, Sessegon, Foden, Sancho etc will be at the heart of it.
What about that Rashford look alike Brewster? He plays for Liverpool though

Prodigal7

God I forgot Ryan Sessegnon was in this age bracket. This is the best age group of kids England have EVER had!

George Beast

Looks like Gomes had a good game with the little time he had on the pitch. Hope someone put's up his highlights

Boycott

Arsenal have a fantastic young player named Reiss Nelson who started in the EL and there's Marcus Edwards at Spurs who is very impressive although has suffered some injuries in the last year. There is a lot of attacking talent coming through but the question is as always, will they get the game time to nurture their skills? It's great when you're rinsing your peers at age-group level but senior football is a step up many don't get the opportunity to handle early on so by 21-22 they're not much further at all. Then it's also a matter of how they cope with the step-up.

Harry Winks was the lesser of the two compared to Josh Onomah as a youth player. Both have thirty-odd games for Spurs first team - one is starting for England, the other is on loan at Villa.

The good thing is youth development is never linear so someone who is not as impressive at 18 can work hard and develop in areas to become / overtake others but again they need senior matches to do so. A sterile training ground environment and infrequent reserve games cannot beat real match experience.

Prodigal7

Another golden generation coming up for England?
Yes but in this case the label is warranted. The Gerrard Lampard crowd were only really labeled as the golden generation after they emerged at their clubs in their early 20s.
This current group is rammed full of players that for the first time can compete with Spain/Germany/Brazil on a technical level.