Under 21 European Championship 2021 (March & May - June)

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
“Hudson Odoi has been great”

“Lots of chances for both teams”

I must be watching the wrong game here:lol:

I_ndlovu

Supports
Coventry
Our managers really are going to cost us this year with these 5 backs. Not saying we would win Tournaments without them but at least we'd be entertaining.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
I write it every single England game basically but it’s near impossible to believe that Bothroyd is still manager.

Berbaclass

What’s with the insistence on crossing? They’ve got Nketiah in the box not Andy Carroll

Mickson

England is poor, the setup is poor and as always they lack great center mids. What's on the bench?

Berbaclass

I can’t believe how poor this is. The level of quality being shown is absolutely shocking.

Classical Mechanic

I write it every single England game basically but it’s near impossible to believe that Bothroyd is still manager.
Basically because he qualifies for the Euros all the time and because players progress to the senior team the FA sees him as a success. The latter point is the big for them. They don't seem to care that we always look less than the sum of our parts and players progress because of their talent rather than because of anything he does. It's a shame that the FA don't take the importance of good coaching as seriously as the German and Spanish federations do.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
England are going nowhere under Boothroyd. I don't know how many failures they need at this level if I'm honest.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
I they’re probably already out if they don’t win this. Portugal and Croatia are better teams than Switzerland
I'm on the schedule to commentate in England V Portugal but I was also down for this one before getting reassigned to Germany tonight. Anyway I'm not looking forward to commentating on England getting dicked.

Berbaclass

I'm on the schedule to commentate in England V Portugal but I was also down for this one before getting reassigned to Germany tonight. Anyway I'm not looking forward to commentating on England getting dicked.
Bet you’re glad, it must be really hard to commentate games like this that are so shit.

Classical Mechanic

You have to laugh at that sub and tactical switch from Boothroyd. Starts McNeil as a LWB when he never plays the position. Subs him off for Sessegnon who plays as a LWB and then switches to a back 4.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
When was the last time we did well at one of these tournaments? I'm fairly sure we've gone out in the group stage almost every time for about 10 years.

It's really weird and even weirder that Boothroyd is the manager. This should be these players getting winning tournament experience to eventually ready them for Euros/World Cups with the mens team. And we just get this drivel every time.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
You have to laugh at that sub and tactical switch from Boothroyd. Starts McNeil as a LWB when he never plays the position. Subs him off for Sessegnon who plays as a LWB but switches to a back 4.
I'm convinced he's a wind up now. I remember against France in 2019, England were winning 1-0 and he subbed on Abraham and Calvert-Lewin to make a front 3 with solanke. They lost 2-1. Weirdest subs ever.

Classical Mechanic

When was the last time we did well at one of these tournaments? I'm fairly sure we've gone out in the group stage almost every time for about 10 years.

It's really weird and even weirder that Boothroyd is the manager. This should be these players getting winning tournament experience to eventually ready them for Euros/World Cups with the mens team. And we just get this drivel every time.
We lost the 2009 final to Germany 4-0 and we got through to the semi finals in 2017 and lost on pens to Germany. We've had countless group stage exits aside from that.

Berbaclass

Let’s be honest, Boothroyd or not, the starting XI was very capable of winning this game and have been deservedly beaten.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Let’s be honest, Boothroyd or not, the starting XI was very capable of winning this game and have been deservedly beaten.
They should but it doesn't matter who plays under Bothroyd, the players have zero clue what the game plan is or what they are meant to do. I can't think of any other team at any age level that is held back by a manager as much as England are. England would win by a couple easily with a competent manager.

Bothroyd surely goes after this tournament. Should have went after the last one or the 3-3 draw with Andorra.

Mickson

Apparently out in the group stage four of the last five times. (Will be five in the last six times as they won't go further this time either). England can't be happy with that.