Under 21 European Championship 2021 (March & May - June)

Classical Mechanic

This has the potential to be a right shit show with the group stages in the upcoming international break. No idea what kind of squad England can put together with all the restrictions and clubs potentially blocking call-ups. The England squad will be announced on Monday morning.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
England can field a nice side, I hope Greenwood can show himself to be one of the stars at this level.

Nickosaur

Think its a good decision. England are stacked in the attacking positions and gives him the chance to get more games and experience.
Yeah I'm happier if he's away from the spotlight of the senior squad. Still good experience with the u21s.

spontaneus1

Hamster, damn!
Surely we will block the call up? U21 games right in the middle of the season are crazy and w eave no front line as is.

Dante

Average bang
I normally don't like to see United players picked for international tournaments. I'd much prefer they get a good, long rest before preseason.

But if everything goes well during the transfer window, we'll have an additional new option on the wing next season. Greenwood wouldn't be required to play as many minutes in the first team.

Going on a summer jaunt with his mates could be a nice way for him to rediscover his scoring touch.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I think Greenwood, Jones, Godfrey and CHO are certs for future England squads so this will be good experience for them.

Davies has outside shot purely because of how weak the midfield is. Eze too.

Tom Davies must be about 26 by now.
22!

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Squad out

No Bellingham, Musah or James. Good to see Madueke in there. We can put out a nice side though.

Seems a really strong squad. Greenwood, Davies, Hudson-Odoi, Smith-Rowe, McNeil, Aarons, Godfrey and Jones have all been fairly frequent PL starters over the last 18 months.

Classical Mechanic

Seems a really strong squad. Greenwood, Davies, Hudson-Odoi, Smith-Rowe, McNeil, Aarons, Godfrey and Jones have all been fairly frequent PL starters over the last 18 months.
It will be one of the youngest squads in the competition I'd expect with a number of players involved in the CL and EL knockouts for their clubs. The midfield is much better than last time. Skipp has played every game for Norwich this season at the base of midfield with them leading The Championship at a canter. I'm interested to see how he does as he plays a position we are desperate for talent in.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
EK-SELECTIE JONG ORANJE
Doel: Justin Bijlow (Feyenoord), Maarten Paes (FC Utrecht), Kjell Scherpen (Ajax).
Verdediging: Mitchel Bakker (Paris Saint-Germain), Sven Botman (Lille), Danilo Doekhi (Vitesse), Tyrell Malacia (Feyenoord), Perr Schuurs (Ajax), Jordan Teze (PSV), Jurriën Timber (Ajax), Deyovaisio Zeefuik (Hertha BSC).
Middenveld: Jurgen Ekkelenkamp (Ajax), Abdou Harroui (Sparta Rotterdam), Teun Koopmeiners (AZ), Ludovit Reis (VfL Osnabrück), Dani de Wit (AZ).
Aanval: Myron Boadu (AZ), Brian Brobbey (Ajax), Javairô Dilrosun (Hertha BSC), Cody Gakpo (PSV), Ferdi Kadioglu (Fenerbahçe), Justin Kluivert (RB Leipzig), Noa Lang (Club Brugge).

https://www.vi.nl/nieuws/ek-selectie-jong-oranje-bekend-brobbey-debuteert-geen-ihattaren-

Players who are left out of the squad as they are in the 1st National Team: Ryan Gravenberch, Calvin Stengs, Matthijs de Ligt, Owen Wijndal, Donyell Malen.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Haven't seen the odds but surely Portgual are amongst the favourites?

slored1

So disappointing that I won't be able to see any of the games live. Would be good to see Mason in action, hopefully things will be opening up in the summer.

Brightonian

Really excited to watch more of Skipp. The seniors need a player like him so badly. Apart from the brief (and mixed-success) blips of Hargreaves and late-career Carrick, England haven't really had a comfortable 'deep' or defensive midfielder during my football watching lifetime. Someone like Skipp could be the ingredient which would make a future squad featuring the likes of Foden, Mount, Hudson-Odoi, Smith-Rowe and all the other attacking midfielders actually function.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
It will be one of the youngest squads in the competition I'd expect with a number of players involved in the CL and EL knockouts for their clubs. The midfield is much better than last time. Skipp has played every game for Norwich this season at the base of midfield with them leading The Championship at a canter. I'm interested to see how he does as he plays a position we are desperate for talent in.
How do you rate our chances at this tournament? Skipp looks a very tidy player, I must admit.

Classical Mechanic

How do you rate our chances at this tournament? Skipp looks a very tidy player, I must admit.
Talent wise the squad is second to none and we can put out a balanced and very talented XI with strong options on the bench. Boothroyd is a terrible coach though and we always seem to look less than the sum of our parts so its hard for me to feel too bullish.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
EK-SELECTIE JONG ORANJE
Doel: Justin Bijlow (Feyenoord), Maarten Paes (FC Utrecht), Kjell Scherpen (Ajax).
Verdediging: Mitchel Bakker (Paris Saint-Germain), Sven Botman (Lille), Danilo Doekhi (Vitesse), Tyrell Malacia (Feyenoord), Perr Schuurs (Ajax), Jordan Teze (PSV), Jurriën Timber (Ajax), Deyovaisio Zeefuik (Hertha BSC).
Middenveld: Jurgen Ekkelenkamp (Ajax), Abdou Harroui (Sparta Rotterdam), Teun Koopmeiners (AZ), Ludovit Reis (VfL Osnabrück), Dani de Wit (AZ).
Aanval: Myron Boadu (AZ), Brian Brobbey (Ajax), Javairô Dilrosun (Hertha BSC), Cody Gakpo (PSV), Ferdi Kadioglu (Fenerbahçe), Justin Kluivert (RB Leipzig), Noa Lang (Club Brugge).

https://www.vi.nl/nieuws/ek-selectie-jong-oranje-bekend-brobbey-debuteert-geen-ihattaren-

Players who are left out of the squad as they are in the 1st National Team: Ryan Gravenberch, Calvin Stengs, Matthijs de Ligt, Owen Wijndal, Donyell Malen.
All countries have top talents in the NT, but this team with Gravenberch, Ihatarren, Stengs, Wijndal would not be fair and not even too far fetched as none of them have been international for even a year.

I expect Noa Lang to be player of the tournament if the Netherlands end up far in the competition. At first glance, Noa Lang and Bruno Gonçalves are the players in the Europe top 10 competitions.

Holland could still field;

Bijlow, Zeefuik, Teze, Botman, Bakker, Koopmeiners, Harroui, Lang, Gakpo, Boadu, Kluivert. That team is good enough to win it all, probably Lang will not be used as a number 10 though.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
All countries have top talents in the NT, but this team with Gravenberch, Ihatarren, Stengs, Wijndal would not be fair and not even too far fetched as none of them have been international for even a year.

I expect Noa Lang to be player of the tournament if the Netherlands end up far in the competition. At first glance, Noa Lang and Bruno Gonçalves are the players in the Europe top 10 competitions.

Holland could still field;

Bijlow, Zeefuik, Teze, Botman, Bakker, Koopmeiners, Harroui, Lang, Gakpo, Boadu, Kluivert. That team is good enough to win it all, probably Lang will not be used as a number 10 though.
I think I would play Timber and Schuurs over Teze, Timber could also be an alternative for Zeefuik.

I also think Reis would be a better option in right midfield, especially when you play with a 10 like Lang.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Does that mean Bellingham will be in one of the younger sides? I’d be extremely surprised if he gets a senior call up for the Euros?