United’s next manager

Enigma_87

You know who
No what we should do is keep changing managers after every sticky patch. Throw money at a new managers plan, rinse and repeat. Great point mate.

I'm not a lover of Ole. He's our manager and chopping and changing has led us to 6 years of utter shit.

Some of you deserve it.
I’m not sure I understand your point. We threw 150m pounds this summer. Those three that we bought might become deadwood next year. There’s no guarantee they will make it.

Let me put it this way - Ole is at United for more than 9 months. There is much more evidence that he’s not the right man for the job than our three players that we brought would be successful buys.

When results begin to sour, the team harmony and confidence will drop even more. That could easily reflect on the likes of Maguire, AWB, James..

What we’re doing with Ole is what Milan have been doing in the past years. Have they progressed?

As I’ve said it’s not about instant success - it’s about giving chance and patience to the right manager, coaching staff, players..

Do you believe Ole is the man to take us forward based on what you saw in the last 9 months?

reddevil702

The only positive I can see is the things seem to be aligning for us to get Poch as our next manager. Unlike when Klopp became available and we were going into LVGs second year.

Cantona in disguise

The only positive I can see is the things seem to be aligning for us to get Poch as our next manager. Unlike when Klopp became available and we were going into LVGs second year.
Was just thinking that myself. I desperately wanted ole to succeed but I just cannot see him lasting the season now.

With regards to klopp he may be an excellent manager but I'm glad we didn't get him something massively unlikeable about the bloke.

I think poch will be the next manager there may even be some contact there. I'm guessing but something seems very wrong at spurs as well.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Was just thinking that myself. I desperately wanted ole to succeed but I just cannot see him lasting the season now.

With regards to klopp he may be an excellent manager but I'm glad we didn't get him something massively unlikeable about the bloke.

I think poch will be the next manager there may even be some contact there. I'm guessing but something seems very wrong at spurs as well.
:houllier:

reddevil702

He turned Liverpool into a top team. I think those antics that annoy us now would be seen very different if he was our manager.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
I love Ole and what he at least seems to have done to stabalize the mood in the dressing room etc. But I'd say we finally go with my long standing plan to appoint Allegri and make Ole his assistant. Don't care if we keep paying Ole manager level wages.

I'll take that Director of football job now.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Imagine

Julian Nagelsmann is set to be confirmed as Manchester United's next permanent Manager by newly instated Director of Football Paul Mitchell. Mitchell is thought to have negotiated the deal in principle months ago, but wanted to get rid of ten first team players and the coaching staff before giving a new manager a clean slate. Executive vice-Chairman Ed Woodward has delegated full authority of footballing matters to Mitchell who has waisted no time in what finally meets the description of a much referred to rebuild.

VanHaal'sRedArmy

Domenico Tedesco would be my pick. Implementing a 3-4-3 and adding a couple of Italian midfielders like Zaniolo or Tonali would be the dream scenario.

Madzik_92

He make liverpool one of the incredible force in the world mate. The player he signed not world class but he coached them properly to make them world class players. Not like our ole though. That character of him make his player want to die play for him. Meanwhile, our ole just sittint looking clueless haha

Mcking

Scenes in 12 months when Ole’s still here, we’re still struggling and the supposed rebuild has seen us replace Pogba with Longstaff.

Forever Europa League.
We are barely good enough to be qualifying for the Europa Conference League this days. We are no different from the lower midtable clubs - the likes of Brighton, Southampton, Palace, Watford - who get the occasional wins at home but draw or lose every other game, and are sometimes terrible away from home. Our record in the last 20 games in all comps is:
- P20 W5 D5 L10 GF18 GA29. Thats 38 points from 38 league matches. Brighton finished 17th last season and had 34 points. We have played a mixture of top teams, midtable teams and terrible teams as is the case in the league.
- All 5 victories have come at home, no away wins.
- Three cleansheets
- Scored more than once in only three games.
- Lose our game against Arsenal, and we get closer to Cardiff levels.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Our record in the last 20 games in all comps is:
- P20 W5 D5 L10 GF18 GA29. Thats 38 points from 38 league matches.
There’s the rub! I’ve never been one crying for managers to be sacked, not Moyes, certainly not LVG (boring as he was) but Ole is so clearly out of his depth it is painful to watch.

3 good signings aside, nothing he has done so far even slightly hints at an ability to take us back to top of the table. In fact, on current form we will do well to finish in the top half of the table and no amount of loyalty to Ole will change that.

I always feared this for him. He was a great servant to our club as a player but just wasn’t qualified to come and take over something LVG and Jose failed at.

Eric7C

There’s the rub! I’ve never been one crying for managers to be sacked, not Moyes, certainly not LVG (boring as he was) but Ole is so clearly out of his depth it is painful to watch.

3 good signings aside, nothing he has done so far even slightly hints at an ability to take us back to top of the table. In fact, on current form we will do well to finish in the top half of the table and no amount of loyalty to Ole will change that.

I always feared this for him. He was a great servant to our club as a player but just wasn’t qualified to come and take over something LVG and Jose failed at.
Whisper it - could we get mixed in a relegation battle? Especially if injuries don't let up..

efugelso

I’m not sure I understand your point. We threw 150m pounds this summer. Those three that we bought might become deadwood next year. There’s no guarantee they will make it.

Let me put it this way - Ole is at United for more than 9 months. There is much more evidence that he’s not the right man for the job than our three players that we brought would be successful buys.

When results begin to sour, the team harmony and confidence will drop even more. That could easily reflect on the likes of Maguire, AWB, James..

What we’re doing with Ole is what Milan have been doing in the past years. Have they progressed?

As I’ve said it’s not about instant success - it’s about giving chance and patience to the right manager, coaching staff, players..

Do you believe Ole is the man to take us forward based on what you saw in the last 9 months?
We may have bought players for 150 million pounds but we also sold or lost a lot of players. On top of that we have had injuries.

If somebody blames that on Ole, that's okay.
But people have been wanting our deadwood to go for a long time. 9 months is not patience..

Enigma_87

You know who
We may have bought players for 150 million pounds but we also sold or lost a lot of players. On top of that we have had injuries.

If somebody blames that on Ole, that's okay.
But people have been wanting our deadwood to go for a long time. 9 months is not patience..
He alienated Lukaku from the off. He knew he is going to be sold. Lukaku is not deadwood considering what we have now. I can understand having Messi, Suarez and Griezmann in attack and release the deadwood in Coutinho, but we're far from that standard.

I'm far from excusing the board, but realistically who was not given to him this Summer?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Alienated Lukaku when him and his agent were talking about Serie A move from long back.

Bestietom

Let's see where we are at christmas. If we are there with the pack Ole stays. If we are not, changes need to be made. No matter what we need to bring in more players.

trailertrash

Supports
Bayern Munich
Domenico Tedesco would be my pick. Implementing a 3-4-3 and adding a couple of Italian midfielders like Zaniolo or Tonali would be the dream scenario.
No offense, but this is hilarious. Dude was absolutely terrible for Schalke, should've gotten sacked a lot earlier.

efugelso

He alienated Lukaku from the off. He knew he is going to be sold. Lukaku is not deadwood considering what we have now. I can understand having Messi, Suarez and Griezmann in attack and release the deadwood in Coutinho, but we're far from that standard.

I'm far from excusing the board, but realistically who was not given to him this Summer?
I see what you mean but can it also be that Lukaku alienated himself by how he was in training and in the dressing room? Only speculation of course. But I can't remember Ole alienating him in public?

The big issue is not getting replacements in. We were linked to Dybala and Eriksen among other, but I for one am glad that we didn't go for them IF they were not eager to come here. Liverpool wanted Van Dijk and Keita, and rather than knee jerking and buy someone else they waited because they believed that those were the right players to get. That could be the case with Sancho. I'm sure that Ole had targets, it's more likely that the board failed to deliver than Ole being happy with the squad as it is, don't you think?

AkaAkuma

I don't see Nagelsmann or Tuchel as feasible in the short or medium term - they both have decent projects.

Allegri doesn't fit the play style we want.

Ancelotti could be a short term option.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20

Precisely this. Milan comparison makes perfect sense with their former players trying to take the team up. Fans are more than willing to wait if they see improvement in game play. I will give Ole 3 years if a style is being implemented. Do we see anything now ? Bunch of clueless players trying to play for the first time.

Please, don't even tell the excuse of not having the right players. Rochdale had a style of play yesterday .

Seb burrow

I’m not suggesting ole should leave. But there are worrying stats regarding our away record and the amount of goals we’ve scored in the last 16 games. Yes everyone says he’s inherited a bad squad made up from loads of managers explayers .

But Lampard/ Chelsea are in a very similar situation. They seem to be managing the squad better, he’s getting players scoring, they look like their sticking to a game plan, giving 100% and importantly the team are able to score more than one goal in a game.

Yes we beat them 4-0 but I’m sure everyone here will agree we got very lucky that day, I think we can all say with the addition of a few players they’ll be back amongst the pack. Can we say that with us? I’m not sure.

Must win on MNF against Arsenal. Because our start to the season has been shambolic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mainoldo

Glad you’ve referred to Milan. We are just copying there format. I think they gave Gattuso 2 years for no good reason.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
What do people make of Southgate as a coach ? Done pretty well at England. Doubt he's going anywhere until 2022 though.

Enigma_87

You know who
Precisely this. Milan comparison makes perfect sense with their former players trying to take the team up. Fans are more than willing to wait if they see improvement in game play. I will give Ole 3 years if a style is being implemented. Do we see anything now ? Bunch of clueless players trying to play for the first time.

Please, don't even tell the excuse of not having the right players. Rochdale had a style of play yesterday .
I think many fans, me included, will give a new manager time to implement his ideas if we see them on the pitch. Not just words, but actual improvement and something to show for in matches. Lampard is a good example, he's not a top manager, most likely be sacked as well, but clearly he's doing something good and implementing some style. Just for that I'm pretty sure more fans will give him more time.

Glad you’ve referred to Milan. We are just copying there format. I think they gave Gattuso 2 years for no good reason.
He shouts a lot. Likeable figure in terms of passion, lots of similarities...

Enigma_87

You know who
I see what you mean but can it also be that Lukaku alienated himself by how he was in training and in the dressing room? Only speculation of course. But I can't remember Ole alienating him in public?

The big issue is not getting replacements in. We were linked to Dybala and Eriksen among other, but I for one am glad that we didn't go for them IF they were not eager to come here. Liverpool wanted Van Dijk and Keita, and rather than knee jerking and buy someone else they waited because they believed that those were the right players to get. That could be the case with Sancho. I'm sure that Ole had targets, it's more likely that the board failed to deliver than Ole being happy with the squad as it is, don't you think?
I'm pretty sure that if we had some targets we would have heard about it. You can't keep interest in private nowadays.

Dybala I doubt was one of them until Juve started using him as a bargaining chip. Eriksen also was a desperate move if anything, he was thought of being Real bound from the off. That's not planning and pretty sure wasn't on the cards in May.

I mean if he had ones why would we keep them to ourselves? If you just make an inquiry as a club of the stature of United probably a dozen journos will hear about it in about an hour.

As for Lukaku is was poorly handled. Either way it won't look good.

RD94

Erik ten Hag as a manager and Van der Sar as DOF.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Scenes in 12 months when Ole’s still here, we’re still struggling and the supposed rebuild has seen us replace Pogba with Longstaff.

Forever Europa League.
The only thing believable about that post is us replacing Pogba with Longstaff.

Given the way things are going we ain't finishing 7th to make Europa league anyway.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
What do people make of Southgate as a coach ? Done pretty well at England. Doubt he's going anywhere until 2022 though.
I have mentioned Gareth Southgate on many occasions.
What I like about him is that he is very thoughtful and knows how to transform what seem like lost causes.
Just look at what he has done with the England setup. There was no structure and players who really didn’t want to and didn't enjoy playing for the national team and a pretty toxic fear factor.
Thank God for Alardyce stupidity that gave Southgate his opportunity.
We are far from world beaters. But he has worked wonders to get England competitive and more importantly the players are no longer afraid and lacking in confidence.
He would be a good choice to turn round a failing club.

djembatheking

Give Ole til Feb and if we are in a relegation battle sack him and bring in Big Sam to save us but he wont be able to spend . Install new manager in June but let him have a season to assess the squad before allowing him to spend . We go again , next year is our year , etc.

Amerifan

To be fair Klopp was touted as the next big thing after his Dortmund reign. Not an elite level manager yet.

The questions asked about him whether he can guide big teams to success was a common knowledge.

In fact, when he left Dortmund, the media played like he was in downward curve. He wasn't chased by the big teams around Europe that time.
Liverpool could afford the risk. They hadn’t won anything in decades. We’re the largest club in the world. We should be attracting the best in the business, not gambling on the next one to work out.

Moyes, LVG, and especially Jose cost us a lot of money when they left, so the board was reluctant to invest in another top manager. Ole was a much smaller risk. Our manager strategy fits with Ed’s sound byte of playing “young, attacking football”. They’re both just money saving ploys.

AneRu

Top post and people forget that most of the players we regard as deadwood were once highly regarded or should do better than how they are doing now but we are in a downward spiral and the same could happen to the new comers who we will term deadwood in a few months. We need a clear plan going forward and we need the right people in place at the club. If the club doesn't think Ole can win a league title with us then there is no point in keeping him around because that would only be us wasting valuable time.