United are no longer a big club........apparently.

Roosney

He's put three zodiac signs in envelopes, make sure yours isn't in one of them.

Natener

He's entitled to his opinion and based on the last 2 years Chelsea, City and Arsenal would be a bigger step up than us. Lloris would also be second choice at most of those clubs so the point is moot anyway. Not bothered at all if someone thinks we are a big club or not, only bothered by getting back to the top.
Better teams, not bigger clubs.

‘Tottenham is a big club – it is not the biggest. Manchester United qualified for the Champions League, but I can’t really see the difference with Tottenham.

‘For me, it’s Chelsea, Arsenal, or Manchester City. Because I think Manchester United is no more a big club, in England, for me. I think like that.'

For one, I believe we still edge Tottenham as the better team but that may be up for argument since we aren't exactly comparing QPR with us. But in terms of club size, there's just no argument. We are trying to get back as the top team, but as far as biggest club in England is concern, we are right up there in the mix.

diarm

I know it's not politically correct to say, but some people shouldn't be allowed opinions. I firmly believe that.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
So Domenech says we're no longer a big club, yet in the previous sentence he's saying that Spurs are a big club and he doesn't see any difference between United and Spurs. Doesn't that make us, erm, a big club as well? What a fecking cretin.

Leaving Domenech's idiocy aside, this logic is moronic to say the least. You can't only judge which club is big and which isn't on their final standing in the league table alone. I guess he considered Montpellier a big club when they won the French title 3 years ago.

Eriku

As has been said: the man thought astrology had its place in team selection, so I won't be wiggin' out about United being out of the footballing pantheon just yet.

Fener1907

Considering all of United's players are demanding Turkish Airline tickets to Istanbul, he might have a point.

SalfordRed1960

Liverpool are arguably more/as successful as us, historically. Are they still one of the biggest clubs?

Anyway Domenech is a plank.
Slight difference in having 2 mediocre seasons and having 20+ years of mediocrity.

People confuse having money with being big, as for Arsenal having 2 cups in near on a decade hardly represents success or being big. City are appealing because of money, they are not consistent trophy winners and hardly represent a challenge in Europe. Chelsea just won the PL for first time in 5 years, so again only appealing because of money and London.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
:lol:
Yes a move from Spurs to us is a sideways move. I bet Glaston or whatever his username is believes it too .

C'est Moi Cantona

Hehe, he thinks Schneiderlin should move to us because we are better than Southampton, then maybe he can move on to of the top three clubs after us.

This guys got some beef with us for some reason, wonder what we've done to him.

Pentagruel

Raymond Domenech said this so it is very reassuring to me as you can be sure that whatever he says, the opposite is true.

predator

Youth NITK
What a prick. I dont understand why he's said this as its just going to backfire on him. Probably sour grapes given he was never considered to be our next manager after Fergie.

Seveneric

Well he's right in the sense that those clubs he listed are probably more attractive than United currently. But he's an idiot if he thinks a move from Spurs to United could ever be considered a "sideways" move. The two clubs aren't even in the same league(I don't mean football league obviously).

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
By creating this thread he won, Domenech isn't an idiot, I would say that he is fairly intelligent. But he loves the attention, he will say things just to upset someone and make the papers talk about it.