United executives to meet fans to discuss Mourinho's complaints over the 'quiet' atmosphere at OT

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Players / managers moaning about atmosphere seems so silly to me. It's your job to entertain 'em. Show some spirit, string together a nice attack. Have Pogba smash it in to the top corner. The crowd will react, believe me.

Can hardly expect them to applaud a 0-1 defeat against fecking West Brom. They're people with emotions, not a fecking canned applause tape.

SillyUsername

Having a season ticket in the East stand I suppose I'm as guilty as anyone because I'm right in the thick of it near the away support and I never chant, shout or join in with chants. The two seats I've got have been in the family for 30 years so I'm not there out of choice per say but the view is relatively good compared to other sections of the ground so we stay there rather than trying to relocate and risking a shit view somewhere else.

Over the past few years, I've noticed a general disenchantment amongst the people around me and the number of people trying to start and even join in with chants is decreasing at an alarming rate. Everyone stands up to my left (towards the away support) because of a domino effect that begins above the disabled section and heard multiple shouts on Sunday telling people to sit down and other comments such as "Are we really going to stand up for a shit game like this?" 5 minutes into the first half.

In general, it is the football and lack of excitement that is eating away at the atmosphere season on season. It is a decay that I can see continuing. A comment I heard against Sevilla summed up the mood perfectly. When the Sevilla fans were whistling during our long periods of possession, someone behind said, "What the feck are you whistling for, we watch this shite every week."

Minimalist

Having a season ticket in the East stand I suppose I'm as guilty as anyone because I'm right in the thick of it near the away support and I never chant, shout or join in with chants. The two seats I've got have been in the family for 30 years so I'm not there out of choice per say but the view is relatively good compared to other sections of the ground so we stay there rather than trying to relocate and risking a shit view somewhere else.

Over the past few years, I've noticed a general disenchantment amongst the people around me and the number of people trying to start and even join in with chants is decreasing at an alarming rate. Everyone stands up to my left (towards the away support) because of a domino effect that begins above the disabled section and heard multiple shouts on Sunday telling people to sit down and other comments such as "Are we really going to stand up for a shit game like this?" 5 minutes into the first half.

In general, it is the football and lack of excitement that is eating away at the atmosphere season on season. It is a decay that I can see continuing. A comment I heard against Sevilla summed up the mood perfectly. When the Sevilla fans were whistling during our long periods of possession, someone behind said, "What the feck are you whistling for, we watch this shite every week."
:lol:

DavidLayland

4 years of shit football sucks the joy out of you. I think if we would play attractive football for a whole season, then the season after that the atmosphere will be great again.
4 years of shit football sucks the joy out of you. I think if we would play attractive football for a whole season, then the season after that the atmosphere will be great again.
It is just typical of this arrogant, control- freak Mourinho that he blames the fans for lack of atmosphere at OT. Not content with getting the worst out of his players and being inept at media relations he is now doing his best to ostracise the supporters!

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
They should thank their lucky stars it's quiet and not boos ringing out for 90 minutes, because if we're being honest, oi they wanted an atmosphere that reflects the football then that's exactly what they'd get.

Rich people expecting supporters who spend their hard earned cash and use their spare time to cheer on diva footballers who couldn't give a shit about the shirt whilst playing like a donkeys is quite frankly laughable.

Rajma

That genuinely made me laugh, thanks! :lol::lol:

Slavensky

Had my first OT experience this spring against Swansea. Sat north east quadrant. As we played well the first 15-20 min. the atmosphere was okay - especially in our corner - couldn’t hear stredford at any time though.

In second half their was nothing but small talk around the stands.. Mainly because of the lack og entertainment on from the field.

Boring football does not create a fantastic atmosphere! Players with a winner and attacking mentality who want to fight for each other in all 90 min. - see that’s the way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man Utd 0:1 Juventus

MUFC OK

Thought it was really quite poor last night apart from the emabarassingly named 'singing section' and Stretford end. I was sat in N3401 and don't get to many games but was singing my heart out, must have looked like a mad man to most fans in my area. Also, swathes of fans were leaving with 10-15 mins to go, which I personally never like to see.

I was just really disappointed as thought we would create the hostile atmosphere that we used to on big CL nights and, dare I say it, Liverpool fans never fail to create. I get that the fans have to be given something to cheer about but most just didn't seem arsed and a bit resigned to the defeat last night and I thought that was sad to see for me.

Minimalist

Thought it was really quite poor last night apart from the emabarassingly named 'singing section' and Stretford end. I was sat in N3401 and don't get to many games but was singing my heart out, must have looked like a mad man to most fans in my area. Also, swathes of fans were leaving with 10-15 mins to go, which I personally never like to see.

I was just really disappointed as thought we would create the hostile atmosphere that we used to on big CL nights and, dare I say it, Liverpool fans never fail to create. I get that the fans have to be given something to cheer about but most just didn't seem arsed and a bit resigned to the defeat last night and I thought that was sad to see for me.
I think it's embarrassing and pretty childish having a go at people who've paid good money to (ultimately) watch soulless shite.

This is the result of lack of action from the club. Mourinho needs to go. He needed to go in the summer probably. Everyone is just going through the motions until the end of the season.

Player Red

It came across on TV like the crowd were up for it last night. Unfortunately the players weren't.

Andersons Dietician

It came across on TV like the crowd were up for it last night. Unfortunately the players weren't.
Yeah there were bits of noise when we did something good or put Juve under a sustained bit of pressure from what I could tell. I think most surely went to that game with realistic expectations that we were probably going to get battered and were just going through the motions.

Godfather

Every half decent attack from us was followed by some great noise from the crowd. Not the fans' fault our football is a goddamn snoozefest. Would we see some of Klopp's football at OT it would be rocking

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout

Well you were in an area which is not known for having much atmosphere - nowadays it is mostly just around East and West, call it J Stand rather than singing section

MUFC OK

I think it's embarrassing and pretty childish having a go at people who've paid good money to (ultimately) watch soulless shite.

This is the result of lack of action from the club. Mourinho needs to go. He needed to go in the summer probably. Everyone is just going through the motions until the end of the season.
I also paid good money, and its everyones own perogative but I'd personally never leave a game early, even with my 3 hour drive home. I disagree, just thought the atmosphere was fairly poor, which was perhaps to be expected with the dross in front of us, but it was a million miles away from being a hostile environment for the opposition to play in.

The funniest response I've seen to fans leaving early was when I had a season ticket in the Stretford end and a ST holder near to me would say "Thanks for coming" as people walked out, I thought that was great.

Jacko21

Said something similar in the post-match thread.

Juventus were able to enjoy themselves at Old Trafford. And to be honest, I think most people around me (myself included) were just appreciating how classy Juventus were. It was apparent early on that we'd struggle to beat them - with or without the vocal support of the fans. Normally you'd expect the opposition to be jeered/whistled when in possession, but there was none of that - I think many felt it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference. At one point Juve fans were whilsting our players - in our stadium FFS.

Juventus controlled the game. On and off the pitch.

MUFC OK

Said something similar in the post-match thread.

Juventus were able to enjoy themselves at Old Trafford. And to be honest, I think most people around me (myself included) were just appreciating how classy Juventus were. It was apparent early on that we'd struggle to beat them - with or without the vocal support of the fans. Normally you'd expect the opposition to be jeered/whistled when in possession, but there was none of that - I think many felt it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference. At one point Juve fans were whilsting our players - in our stadium FFS.

Juventus controlled the game. On and off the pitch.
You have to make it difficult for the best teams to play. Scousers attacking the City bus last year, it genuinely worked in throwing them off their game (not that I would ever advocate that).

Great away day for their fans, looked like they were having a class time.

RedNed77

I left a couple of minutes before the end. I often do, I'll stay if theres something to play for, but it was evident that last night that nothing was going to happen, we still wouldn't have scored if we were still playing now. Leaving on 88 minutes is the difference between me getting home for 10:30 or getting home at 12. Depending on travelling arrangements it can be the same for a lot of fans. Not going to apologise for saying that gaining an extra hour and half to chill out when I get home is better than watching another 6 minutes of the same shite I'd been sat there watching for the previous 88.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I was there, fans were def up for it but were left frustrated most of the time due to the overall play. We did try to get the team going but everything was so slow and sloppy.

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
Went last night for the first time in a while.

The singing section in J Stand was trying pre match but the tannoy was blaring shite music so they didn’t come across particularly well.

‘Fan culture’ is non existent at the club now. Compare and contrast with that Juventus end...

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
How can anyone have a go at fans for not singing last night?
Yesterday was the biggest match we've had at OT in year against one of Europe's glamour clubs and our team just watched them pass the ball.
If that isn't dispiriting, I don't know what is.
Fans could have gone with the best intentions. Life would have been sucked out of them regardless. How are home fans meant to get behind a team that has 22% possession on their home patch? Cut the fans some slack.

Last edited: