United Hour - Super Cup & West Ham Preview

Duafc

Village Lemon
Enjoy listening to the podcast, one minor gripe and that's maybe the language at times? Personally doesn't affect me but I listen to a lot of podcasts (Guardian football, boxing related stuff etc) and think it will give the Caf one a touch more professionalism if it's kept to a minimum rather than just swearing for swearing sake. Fifa reenactments are a great touch though
Yep, in future I'm just going to edit out swearing. It's unnecessary, I'm probably the worst for it too!

Great to get another United Hour so soon after the last. I think I'm slightly more optimistic than you lads, I reckon we'll win the title this year. As you say things have to fall into place e.g. we need to stop missing 1v1s. However, if we get a little run going and we get the confidence of the players up that could be enough.

Very much agree with what you said about Pogba overplaying in the big games. Seems he gets taken by the occasion and wants to do the spectacular rather than the simple. Imagine he'd have played through Mhki or Jesse on Tuesday night when he could've. Still, I think he will have a good season.

My shout for player of the year is Matic. I think he'll be a beast for us and the platform around which everything else is built. The 'no resale value' lot will be very quiet about him come next May. Mark my words.

I think, against Madrid, what really showed was our lack of truly big game experience. I know we had the Europa League final in May but it was clear some of our players lost their heads. Lukaku chasing Herrera's interception, Rashford tamely hitting it at Navas with his weaker foot. Stage fright affecting decision making. As these youngsters get more experience they'll perform better in these games.

PS) Had Keano not got injured in 1997/98 we'd have won the title.
Agree with all of that! I'm not quite as optimistic though! I think despite being very talented too many of our youngsters are a year or two away still.

Fair point on 97/98, the CL exit also was in my memory much to do with wastefulness and lack of finishing and a general lack of respect for the away goals rule! I think Dortmund the year before(?) was quite similar. Would have loved to go into a bit more detail because you really forget about seasons gone by until you make the effort to remember them.

Missed you guys at the back end of last year, good to have you back. I liked the segment toward the end of nostalgia. To few celebrations about the club on here at the moment and a bit to much moaning going on lately, it was nice to hear some genuine nostalgia and pride in the club.
:lol: definitely good to get away from the present a bit, I think people do get a bit bogged down in the doom and gloom. To me the malaise or transitional period is inevitable, for all clubs, but the next time we win the league will be all the more special for it.

Ashley R1+O

:lol: definitely good to get away from the present a bit, I think people do get a bit bogged down in the doom and gloom. To me the malaise or transitional period is inevitable, for all clubs, but the next time we win the league will be all the more special for it.
I think it was a good segment and a good idea for the pod going forwad. Pick some historical topics and have a yarn about them. Make sure you guys mention the TomClare stuff on your next episode, shout out to him sending positive vibes his way.

Duafc

Village Lemon
I think it was a good segment and a good idea for the pod going forwad. Pick some historical topics and have a yarn about them. Make sure you guys mention the TomClare stuff on your next episode, shout out to him sending positive vibes his way.
Big time.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
2 things

Anyone have any questions they'd like us to answer when we record tomorrow?

Secondly, who wants to challenge us on Fifa for next week's game? Ps4 or Xbox.

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
2 things

Anyone have any questions they'd like us to answer when we record tomorrow?

Secondly, who wants to challenge us on Fifa for next week's game? Ps4 or Xbox.
I'd love to challenge but I don't have xbox live.

Out of our three new players who do you think will have the biggest impact on our club this season?

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Can I put a claim down to represent United for the fifa re-enactments? :lol:
You fancy previewing the Swansea game with me? I'd be United!

If so, Are you free tonight?