United in talks with Tinder for £12m sleeve sponsorship | Tinder team up with City instead

buchansleftleg

I think this story is way off the mark....They have got the wrong app for a start - At the last match of the season at Old Trafford Woody was clearly seen using Grindr - for research purpose obvs.

Typical bad journalism - Next thing you know they will be linking us with Tesco as a sponsor because Woody bought a jumbo sausage roll from there on the way back from the game!

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Hard to believe that people are putting down tinder as a company, it is one of the best known brands already and I don't see anything wrong with having such a major company as a sponsor. How is this worse than having a random tyre company or something ?

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Pogba and Lingard to swipe right as a new celebration?

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
City getting 10 million from Nixen tyres seems like another one of those fraud sponsorships
They're a South Korean company, there's no fraud there. If they can get that much, we should be looking at least £20m. If we can't, I'd rather we took a bit less from a company whose logo fans won't feel embarrassed to wear. Surely it would actually put some people off from wearing the shirt. I know people hate the Chevy logo but they still buy the shirt but I think a fair few would draw the line at adorning bloody tinder. You'd be a laughing stock.

Hawks2008

Not sure I'd wanna buy a kit that has tinder on the sleeve tbh but at least this way Martial will get some matches...

Gjx

£12m isn't worth it. Woody can do better than that.
Considering City are reported to be getting £5m a year for their deal it's not a bad bit of business.

The rule of thumb for these deals is about 20% of the main shirt sponsor deal. Think we get just under £50m a year from Chevy.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Would've liked a sponsorship like UNICEF or something. We don't take money or anything, just as goodwill.

Last edited:

Parry Gallister

I'd rather not move towards looking like an F1 team, but we need help with scoring.

People of tinder, do not accept an invite from a united player to the Christmas party :nervous:

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Soon have shirts like the south american teams.

BULB

Yuck. Surely we can find someone else for 10m.

When we play everyone will remember back to the time they caught herpes off Tinder.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
Does the Tinder sponsorship mean we'll get even more unrealistic expectations of the players and squad?

MUFC OK

Seems like click bait, but why not, I guess it would mean that from now til forever we would have a sleeve sponsor of sorts though.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Believe it or not, I didn't know what Tinder was. Well, this is already paying off for them because they've got one new customer!

AXVnee7

The Tinder logo itself is not so bad and quite clean. As long as we don't turn into F1 with advertisements, it's not so bad.

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused
Yeah, £12m a year.

Having a dating app on your sleeve and being a laughing stock to everyone in football, all to make barely enough to pay the money we're still giving to Rooney to play for Everton.

That's the way to get United back to the top, isn't it?

Some unbelievable feckwits we have running the club these days

You're a proper miserable git aren't you?

Some of you could do with getting on tinder - might get you laid!

BULB

Cool.

Hopefully we can get Grindr on the other arm.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
It is a ridiculous choice of sponsorship.. we're meant to be a prestigious brand who associates itself with classy brands, and especially if they're going to be on our shirt. Tinder is an awful choice and sometimes it isn't about the money it is about having common sense. There will be tonnes of other companies willing to shell out and be on a United shirt.

I guess United being desperate for success at all costs is a good fit with the Tinder ehtos.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
You're a proper miserable git aren't you?

Some of you could do with getting on tinder - might get you laid!
No. I just think that if we're going to be the type of club who sells out our credibility to any sleazy mob willing to get their money out (you know, the exact thing everyone was dead against happening when the Glazers took over), at the very least we should maybe not do it for an amount of money that wouldn't even be enough to sign Tyrone Mings.

alsabi

Not convinced that a club that has had problems with a lack of penetration and poor finishing wants this commercial association, tbh.

Gjx

No. I just think that if we're going to be the type of club who sells out our credibility to any sleazy mob willing to get their money out (you know, the exact thing everyone was dead against happening when the Glazers took over), at the very least we should maybe not do it for an amount of money that wouldn't even be enough to sign Tyrone Mings.
Makes no difference, a whore is still a whore regardless of whether they're wearing Prada or Primark.

Last edited:

MrPooni

Five pages in and I'm yet to find a coherent post explaining why tinder is such an unacceptable sponsor beyond "my mates are going to take the piss out of me" and the odd spot of pearl clutching. It's 2017 lads, grow up.

As I mentioned in an earlier reply, United and specifically the Glazer regime are far more selective when it comes to shirt sponsorships than you're giving them credit for. Remember, we snubbed a £70m per year offer from a betting company in favour of £56m from AIG back in 2006 largely for the reasons a lot of you are citing here.

City getting 10 million from Nixen tyres seems like another one of those fraud sponsorships
The Nexen deal was billed as "up to £10m per year" in City's press release but most outlets peg it at 5m.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
Let’s be honest here. Which of you uses Tinder and is against having Tinder as a sponsor?