United in this Summer transfer window

Dominos

In
Matic, Di Maria, Coentrao, Song

Out
Nani, Anderson, Evra, Scholes

Anything similar to that would be a ***tastic summer, probably too costly mind, have to sell Rooney to fund it, which then brings up an issue of whether we splurge it all on a striker anyway to replace him.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Fantasy transfers Ronaldo, Bale, Fabregas

Likely transfers Fellaini, Baines

Could well be out Nani, Rooney, Anderson

Dante

Average bang
I hate doing this but I'm going to anyway...

Out:
Rooney 30m
Nani 10m
Young 8m
Anderson 6m

In:
Bale 60m
Moutinho 30m
Wanyama 13m

Net spend ~50m

First team:
De Gea
Rafael;Evans;Vidic;Evra
Moutinho;Carrick
Kagawa
Welbeck;RVP;Bale

Second team:
Lindegaard
Jones;Rio;Smalling;Fabio
Cleverley;Wanyama
Giggs or Powell
Valencia;Henandez;Zaha​

VII

Out

Bebe
Macheda
Anderson
Nani
Rooney
Scholes
Fletcher

In
Ronaldo
Bale
Mata
de Silva
Falcao
Cavani
Busquets

anver

Shart stop
Premier League - Man Utd prepare £25m for Marchisio

Momentum continues to build around reports Juventus will sell Claudio Marchisio to Manchester United for £25m.

The 27-year-old midfielder grew up in the Juventus youth academy and has been a key figure for the side since 2006.

Manchester United have long been interested in Marchisio, but up until now he was considered to be off the market.

According to persistent Italian reports, the situation has changed with the arrival of Paul Pogba on a free transfer from Manchester United.

His sale for around £25m would help raise funds for the reinforcements Juve want in attack over the summer.

Among the targets are Carlos Tevez of Manchester City and Liverpool’s Luis Suarez.

Cina

I'd love Marchisio but I really can't see him leaving Juve.

manusteve

I'd love Marchisio but I really can't see him leaving Juve.
It's probably more possible than people think. If Conte continues to play his version of 3-5-2 and Pirlo is one of the middle three, then that leaves Marchisio, Vidal and Pogba fighting for the other two places (which they have been).

From what I have seen, Marchisio and Vidal are similar type of players (open to disagreement) and I think Marchisio would be an excellent partner for Carrick. At least we would have more hustle, mobility and technique in there, something none of Cleverley, Anderson or Giggs can offer overall.

In any event, I'd like Marchisio over Strootman. Moutinho, Wanyama any day.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
It's probably more possible than people think. If Conte continues to play his version of 3-5-2 and Pirlo is one of the middle three, then that leaves Marchisio, Vidal and Pogba fighting for the other two places (which they have been).

From what I have seen, Marchisio and Vidal are similar type of players (open to disagreement) and I think Marchisio would be an excellent partner for Carrick. At least we would have more hustle, mobility and technique in there, something none of Cleverley, Anderson or Giggs can offer overall.

In any event, I'd like Marchisio over Strootman. Moutinho, Wanyama any day.
Good for you

Shinjisan

Account closed by request
Please let this true.

For £25m he would be an excellent buy. Much better than chucking the quoted £23m on Sirfouls(&elbows)alot.

I'd also like Marchisio over Strootman. Moutinho, Wanyama, Fellani any day.

Good for me too. Yay!

Annahnomoss

-----Smalling-----Vidic-------Evans-------
-----Januzaj------Jones-----Cleverley-----
------Zaha-------Kagawa------Nani--------
--------------------RVP---------------------

At least Cruyff would be happy.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
All the big clubs are buying big and the rich, smaller clubs are growing fast. We have to ensure that we dont fall behind but keep up the pace and buy some top quality after all

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
As I've said in the Fab-thread, I just can't see it happening. If he's to leave Barca - I can only see his destination being one of Arsenal, Serie A or Germany.

Ringo 07

Our only major summer signing is going to be Fellaini...there's gonna be mass suicide on here when that is realized.
Bale has already reportedly committed to one more year at Spurs.
Luke Shaw may come also if Chelsea don't beat us to him

Amir

Meanwhile, the Sunday people claim we're after Modric and Fellaini. That's a lot of midfielders. I'm guessing though our only midfield new signing will be Darren Fletcher.

wr8_utd

:'(
Yup Fletcher is fit for the new season apparently so that rules out any new signings.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
I really hope the words of some pessimistic (but in reality they have hope that they might be surprised by an exciting signing or two) posters on here come true and we buy only fellaini or noone this summer.

Would love it.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
Our rivals are all strengthening or looking to spend big this summer it appears.

Going to be a very competitive market.

Hope we get at least one top draw signing to keep pace.

Devil may care

Well if Rooney, Nani, Evra and Anderson all go I think we are going to need more than one signing despite what the doom mongers might say.

If that happens then.....

Muppet hopes:
Gundogan/Fabregas/Thiago
Vidal/Marchisio
Contreao
Lamela

More likely:
Strootman/Fellaini
Wanyama
Baines
Gaitan

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I'm predicting some astute but generally underwhelming signings. Carrick sort of signings rather than Van Persie. The kind that don't get the juices flowing but become good singings in the long term.

Lailiani

(Sadly not) Banned
I'm predicting some astute but generally underwhelming signings. Carrick sort of signings rather than Van Persie. The kind that don't get the juices flowing but become good singings in the long term.
Ditto. We rarely sign the shiny toys or hottest flavours, so I don't get any hopes up for the likes of Fabregas or Bale.

Even after Ronaldo's departure we didn't spend the millions on a huge name.

Devil may care

So would this theory rule out Fellaini then? as at £24M I wouldn't class him as an astute signing and half the Caf seem to have him as a Red already.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Is it slightly optimistic to think Moyes who hasn't even officially started yet, and was preparing for some cheap scuffling signings for Everton, suddenly has a list of top names handy to go and buy?

Or are we presuming we have big dossiers on players and massive links with the top players lined up already?

Godfather

Muppet season has well and truly started :drool:
I wouldnt mind Fellainin. He surely isnt all that, but he would do pretty well here.
I just think we need too add some real class as well. Fabregas, Bale, or Thiago would fill that bracket.