United Kits 23/24

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
What is the difference?
Adidas (and Nike, and probably other kit manufacturers) always releases two versions: replica and authentic.

The authentic version is more expensive, lightweight, form-fitting, breathable, and uses screen printing rather than embroidery (for logos, stripes, etc) to reduce weight. Basically it's identical to what the players wear.

More detailed explanation can be found here: https://www.worldsoccershop.com/guide/authentic-vs-replica-soccer-jerseys

decorativeed

It wasnt long ago that shirts were £40 and they only swapped them out every other season.

Or am i just showing my age?
To be fair, the last time that was the case was 15 years ago. So yeah, we're both showing our age.

It'd be better if they were either £80 for a shirt that lasted 2 seasons or £40 for one that only lasts a single season. But they've quadrupled their money instead.

decorativeed

I don't understand how the red pinstripe running up the sleeve intersects with the Adidas stripes at an angle. They're all straight lines and should be parallel to each other. It's ridiculous!
I get what you're saying, but the fit of the shirt would be horrific if that were the case as there would be loads of extra material in the armpit. I see you're not a fan of/forced to sit through Great British Sewing Bee, otherwise you'd know that.

gamble92

Supports
Leicester
Hi everyone, just a quick question - i got a shirt for my kid a couple of weeks ago but forgot to add the name on the back. Can i still get last seasons printing done at the club shop?

Thanks in advance

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Adidas (and Nike, and probably other kit manufacturers) always releases two versions: replica and authentic.

The authentic version is more expensive, lightweight, form-fitting, breathable, and uses screen printing rather than embroidery (for logos, stripes, etc) to reduce weight. Basically it's identical to what the players wear.

More detailed explanation can be found here: https://www.worldsoccershop.com/guide/authentic-vs-replica-soccer-jerseys
The authentic ones would be ruined by most pretty quickly, plus most of us don't have the shape to pull of a fitted shirt

Nick7

The authentic ones would be ruined by most pretty quickly, plus most of us don't have the shape to pull of a fitted shirt
I bought the authentic 2021/2022 jersey because the replica didn't have the faint stripes that the authentic one did. It's still holding up strong, but I did have to go two sizes up :lol:

Lightbringer

Just increase the Team Viewer logo and we wont have to worry about the actual jersey. When there is a jersey there is a problem, if there is only a sponsor, no problem!

pascell

Hi everyone, just a quick question - i got a shirt for my kid a couple of weeks ago but forgot to add the name on the back. Can i still get last seasons printing done at the club shop?

Thanks in advance
Have you tried calling the megastore? Don't see why they wouldn't be able to.

Rolaholic

I thought the stripes were white. Is this another fake mock-up?
It was always said to be white with red Stripes but earlier leaks/reports said it would be more off-white than the more traditional white it seems to be.

The biggest change is the devil logo instead of the club badge/crest

Big Ben Foster

Supports
It was always said to be white with red Stripes but earlier leaks/reports said it would be more off-white than the more traditional white it seems to be.

The biggest change is the devil logo instead of the club badge/crest
That's reassuring, I like this version a lot more than the white stripe version that popped up here earlier.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I like this years home kit. I like the black stripes on it.

PeteManic

Anyone bought any of these shirts yet? Or any from DH gate? How are they looking on?

Gjx

Anyone bought any of these shirts yet? Or any from DH gate? How are they looking on?
Just put my order in for Home & Away on DH Gate, will be a few weeks away but can report back if anyones interested as I know it can be a bit of a lottery ordering on there.

Howard__87

Just put my order in for Home & Away on DH Gate, will be a few weeks away but can report back if anyones interested as I know it can be a bit of a lottery ordering on there.
I just ordered home, going to wait for now for the away one. Ordered the Ajax away as that is a beauty

Real Name

Seeing home kit on Mount I like it even more than before. Lancaster rose pattern is a blast.

Big Ben Foster

Supports

Ignoring how hideous the shirt is, how cheap and shit does the sponsor logo look? Like it was sellotaped on.
The authentic version looks much nicer - doesn't have that cheap looking box.

L1nk

The authentic version looks much nicer - doesn't have that cheap looking box.

If that is indeed the authentic version it looks way nicer than the knock off, that box around the sponsor makes the whole kit look horrendous, and that's pretty hard considering it isn't that nice to begin with

Big Ben Foster

Supports
If that is indeed the authentic version it looks way nicer than the knock off, that box around the sponsor makes the whole kit look horrendous, and that's pretty hard considering it isn't that nice to begin with
The version posted above with the box may not be a knockoff, but rather the replica version that Adidas releases. The replica version sells for £80 / $100, while the authentic sells for £110 / $150.

L1nk

The version posted above with the box may not be a knockoff, but rather the replica version that Adidas releases. The replica version sells for £80 / $100, while the authentic sells for £110 / $150.
Then what were they thinking, ugh

klayton88

Ignoring how hideous the shirt is, how cheap and shit does the sponsor logo look? Like it was sellotaped on.
I was looking at replicas and thought 'they've massively got the material wrong on the sponsor bit'. Turns out they nailed it.

Pronewbie

Peep
Yeah WTH they're really pushing people towards the authentic version these days huh. It actually looks good despite the hideous logo. They just need to sell a looser version for the fatties. I might pick up a knock-off one.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
That away kit is up there with the ugliest I've ever seen. So we have a pretty bleh home kit, horrific away kit, and basically a Liverpool kit for our 3rd... Not great.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
If we win a lot then a lot of people who may not like the kit now will come to like it. Some of these things you just have to see a lot more of and during games. Especially the home kit at least is unique and relatively clean. Then again, I also liked the tea towel look of our last title winning season. And sure the TeamViewer logo still feels misplaced for a club this size but at least we no longer have them god awful golden Chevy bowtie.

And hey if you still don't like it but want to wear a kit, wear an older one. Who cares. Next year we ll do the whole b**ching thing again I'm sure.

Josep Dowling

As a shirt collector I’ve been extremely disappointed with Adidas since they started doing out kits again. This year I’d say they done a good job with the home and white away kits. They have clean designs. Then they counter it with that hideous third kit. It looks like a PES Tyne and Wear kit. Why couldn’t they do a clean black or navy shirt just like the white away kit?