Declan Rice | signs for arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidmichael

Stumbling blocks would be the players. I could be wrong, but Maguire's ego would prevent a move to West Ham.
I think West Ham are a lot better than the table suggests and having European football this season did them more harm than good, I think they’ll be 9th-11th next season which is the level Maguire would look good at and play every week.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
Over priced and not what we should be spending most of our money on. A top forward would offset having to use McT or Fred in midfield.
If we managed to get him for around 50m then I’d say it’s a good deal but 100m is crazy for him.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
If Bayern sell Hernandez+Pavard they'd have the cash to get him. I'd rather get Caicedo than Rice especially if that 92M bid is true... Not worth it at all

OrcaFat

Over priced and not what we should be spending most of our money on. A top forward would offset having to use McT or Fred in midfield.
If we managed to get him for around 50m then I’d say it’s a good deal but 100m is crazy for him.
I’ll tell you what’s crazy: thinking you can buy a player like Rice for £50m.

Mr PG

The reason we won’t buy Roce is because we have Casemiro and his understudy is Kobbie Mainoo who’s technically very good so makes more sense to fill gaps elsewhere

Mr PG

Rice is very overrated. There’s a reason he’s been at West Ham for that long and no foreign clubs ever bothered to enquire about him. He’s very bulky for a midfielder. He can play but many times I watch him he’s not exactly a willing runner and not nimble on his feet (a very important quality in a midfielder). People saying Moyes holds him back is some self fulfilling prophecy as If anything … Moyes been on record many times encouraging him to bomb forward.

very similar to when many declaredthe reason City didn’t want Sancho back was because he left in the first place.

Last edited:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
The reason we won’t buy Roce is because we have Casemiro and his understudy is Kobbie Mainoo who’s technically very good so makes more sense to fill gaps elsewhere
Mainoo barely got any games this season. I doubt he’d be a factor in such decisions to be honest. But Rice makes no sense with Casemeiro here. To offset the limitations you need players who can dictate the game, dribble out of spaces etc not Declan Rice.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Rice is very overrated. There’s a reason he’s been at West Ham for that long and no foreign clubs ever bothered to enquire about him. He’s very bulky for a midfielder. He can play but many times I watch him he’s not exactly a willing runner and not nimble on his feet (a very important quality in a midfielder). People saying Moyes holds him back is some self fulfilling prophecy as If anything … Moyes been on record many times encouraging him to bomb forward.

very similar to when many declaredthe reason City didn’t want Sancho back was because he left in the first place.
He is the best progressive carrying midfielder in the whole PL - but he isnt a willing runner nor is he nimble on his feet. Crazy stuff.

MonsieurGooner

Supports
Arsenal
He would fit us like a glove. Especially with our highline, Rice ability to win the ball high up the pitch would be another source of chance creation. His positional sense would also help us peg the other team in their half. Rice would also be more defensively solid than Partey and offer greater protection to Saliba and Gabriel. We are revamping our midfield this year. We did well last season with Partey, Xhaka, Odegaard. However it seems to be the area in our 11 we can really improve. Xhaka is pretty much off to Leverkusen, and Partey will play a reduced role next season. Odegaard is the only mainstay for next season with Partey and Jorginho playing reduced roles. We will clearly be out of the blocks early for Rice and we will make that 92m opening bid, will likely take a follow up bid but if Rice wins the Europea conference league, and has a desire is to remain in London, a bid of close to 100m could be enough. But then we need another to play on the left edge. We can get Caicedo too, as this year we will be getting good money from player sales. Balogun and Tierney should get 70m between them, apparently Kompany rates Lokonga and Tavares has done ok in Marseille.

A Rice, Caicedo, Odegaard midfield for Arsenal is not impossible.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
I’ll tell you what’s crazy: thinking you can buy a player like Rice for £50m.
English tax on him, he’s a good player but not 100m. “If” it was possible to get him for 50m then we should move for him, don’t spend our budget on Rice is what my point was, would represent a poor window. I know it’s not going to happen to get him that cheap and unless we can throw a few players in exchange as well.

Hammondo

I think West Ham are a lot better than the table suggests and having European football this season did them more harm than good, I think they’ll be 9th-11th next season which is the level Maguire would look good at and play every week.
They must be competing for the lowest possession in the PL, they are pretty terrible.

whitbyviking

You do realise you will likely terminate Maguire's contract in order to allow him to leave. No one is paying a fee and giving him 200k a week, as for a lot of clubs outside the top 7, 200k a week would be their highest paid player.

If you offered West Ham Maguire in the deal they hang up the phone right away because by offering them Maguire as a 'makeweight' you actively insult them.

When we were trying to get rid of Aumbamayang I knew getting a fee and for someone to match his 350k a week wages was impossible. So, we negotiated an exit payment which allowed him to leave and get a salary elsewhere that was less than 350k week, but his pay off plus his new salary would equate to around 350k a week.

You will not get a Mars Bar for Harry Maguire, you will pay him to leave the club and if he does sign for West Ham, it will be on a free transfer and it will have cost you around 10m.

If you 'sell' Maguire to West Ham, you will get -10m
Harry Maguire worth possibly £40m without his daft wage.
Scott McTominay worth possibly £30m
Declan Rice worth £80m in my opinion.

Offer Harry Maguire a £10m pay off, or offer the £10m to West Ham to pay the difference in wages, reduces his sale value to £30m. Add in Scott Mc at £30m plus £20m cash and you get to the £80m. Optimistic valuation but shy bairns get nowt.

Your calculation is nonsense :drool:

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Mainoo barely got any games this season. I doubt he’d be a factor in such decisions to be honest. But Rice makes no sense with Casemeiro here. To offset the limitations you need players who can dictate the game, dribble out of spaces etc not Declan Rice.
Rice is a very good player, and could fit in with Casemiro, that would make us more difficult to break down, but would not be so creative, although Casemiro does have a good passing range.
Mainoo would have appeared on the bench more towards the end of the season, but had an injury I believe. Pre season is going to be very interesting, with Mainoo, Hannibal, Iqbal, Shoretire, Fernandez and Laird all pushing for inclusion into the first team squad, but more than likely most will go out on loan again.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
You do realise you will likely terminate Maguire's contract in order to allow him to leave. No one is paying a fee and giving him 200k a week, as for a lot of clubs outside the top 7, 200k a week would be their highest paid player.

If you offered West Ham Maguire in the deal they hang up the phone right away because by offering them Maguire as a 'makeweight' you actively insult them.

When we were trying to get rid of Aumbamayang I knew getting a fee and for someone to match his 350k a week wages was impossible. So, we negotiated an exit payment which allowed him to leave and get a salary elsewhere that was less than 350k week, but his pay off plus his new salary would equate to around 350k a week.

You will not get a Mars Bar for Harry Maguire, you will pay him to leave the club and if he does sign for West Ham, it will be on a free transfer and it will have cost you around 10m.

If you 'sell' Maguire to West Ham, you will get -10m
Sorry but that’s nonsense. We may offer to compensate some of his wages but we will get a fee for him. I’d estimate around 30m. Good player in the right setup, England captain

gajender

Sorry but that’s nonsense. We may offer to compensate some of his wages but we will get a fee for him. I’d estimate around 30m. Good player in the right setup, England captain
This is Such a common mistake to make , its quite intriguing .

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Maguire was the captain of the 2nd best team in England 2 seasons back.

Doubt he would have absolutely no interest.

davidmichael

Have you watched Mainoo ? He’s far closer to a Pogba than a Casemiro and there’s also the fact that he’s 17 years old, he’s behind Mejbri in terms of development.

OrcaFat

All while we spent 60m on Fred for example or 100m on Antony.
Decent players are expensive these days. Value is not easy to define but in-demand players often go for more than they seem to be worth based on some kind of assessment of their quality / productivity - market forces set the prices.

Bondi77

Rice is a very good player, and could fit in with Casemiro, that would make us more difficult to break down, but would not be so creative, although Casemiro does have a good passing range.
Mainoo would have appeared on the bench more towards the end of the season, but had an injury I believe. Pre season is going to be very interesting, with Mainoo, Hannibal, Iqbal, Shoretire, Fernandez and Laird all pushing for inclusion into the first team squad, but more than likely most will go out on loan again.
Shoretire and Laird have no chance of breaking into the squad

CookieMonster

Supports
FC Bayern München
This source is absolute shite!
Actually Plettenberg has been the best source for Bayern the last couple of years. I'd be thrilled, if Bayern could get Rice to pair him with Kimmich. Goretzka just likes to play as second striker, instead of defensive midfielder, far too much.

That being said, if Rice wants to stay in England and continue playing in the Premier League, which would be understandable, I hope he joins Manchester United. A midfield with Casemiro, Declan Rice and Bruno Fernandes would be very strong defensively and quite good offensively. That midfield could be the key for Manchester United to finally return to the top of Europe and the Premier League. That's where United was under Ferguson and that's where the club belongs.

Bondi77

Actually Plettenberg has been the best source for Bayern the last couple of years. I'd be thrilled, if Bayern could get Rice to pair him with Kimmich. Goretzka just likes to play as second striker, instead of defensive midfielder, far too much.

That being said, if Rice wants to stay in England and continue playing in the Premier League, which would be understandable, I hope he joins Manchester United. A midfield with Casemiro, Declan Rice and Bruno Fernandes would be very strong defensively and quite good offensively. That midfield could be the key for Manchester United to finally return to the top of Europe and the Premier League. That's where United was under Ferguson and that's where the club belongs.
My sources tell me he ain't leaving London so we will see who has the better Intel

Rolaholic

Bit unexpected but that's a big move for him, fair play. Tuchel also knows his qualities well. Willing to bet a final fee would be significantly lower than if a domestic giant bought him.

Seeing players like him and Kane potentially move abroad to other superclubs on the continent could be huge for English players moving forward in terms of broadening horizons and exploring opportunities outside of the PL.

Status
Not open for further replies.