''United plan to welcome a new goalkeeper, a younger midfielder and a striker in the summer as permanent arrivals.'' Who will they be?

IrishRedDevil

"United plan to welcome a new goalkeeper, a younger midfielder and a striker in the summer as permanent arrivals.''

What's your 3 guesses?

Goalkeeper: David Raya
Midfielder: Frankie de Jong
Striker: Harry Kane

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
It better not be Sanchez, Caicedo and Evan Ferguson!

Blood Mage

Hoping for Sanchez, FDJ and Osimhen. It will probably be Raya, Sabitzer (if he impresses) and Kane.

Giggsy13

"United plan to welcome a new goalkeeper, a younger midfielder and a striker in the summer as permanent arrivals.''

What's your 3 guesses?

Goalkeeper: David Raya
Midfielder: Frankie de Jong
Striker: Harry Kane
feck Harry Kane, he’s a bottler. Let him a sign a new deal with spurs, they’re made for eachother. Focus on Osimhen who will prove he’s more of winner than Kane will ever be in his career if/when Napoli clinch the scudetto this season.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Sigh I don't trust Sam Luckhurst these days. Has he been getting it right these days for transfer?

But if I have to pick realistically. Raya, Mac Allister, Osimhen.

TsuWave

I’ve grown to like Kolo Muani as a potential striker option for us

would be much cheaper that Osimhen

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
GK: Raya
MF: Bellingham/FDJ/Who the feck knows?
St: Kane/Ramos

Depending on how they perform, I reckon we might even make Weghorst and Sabitzer permanent, as squad options to replace Martial and McT.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
  • Goalkeeper: Maarten Vandevoordt
  • Midfielder: Alberto Moleiro
  • Center Forward: Evan Ferguson
Mind you, those picks are secondary; good new owners and better support structure for ten Hag are of primary importance.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I'd be pleasantly surprised if the club has earmarked summer transfer targets this early, going on previous summer transfer windows. But hopefully Ten Hag will have pushed the board to act a bit more decisively this time.

New ownership could change all this of course but hopefully groundwork is being done for the three positions in that article - because they are needed. I'd be hopeful we sign Sabitzer and Weghorst also, if they are both deemed successful.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
We should be focusing on getting an Enzo/Caciedo type South American signing for midfield. Pity we missed out on the two best prospects for years. Hopefully another comes along.

I wouldn’t mind Ferguson here at all. I’d love an Irish player who will give his all for the club but I’d imagine we will spend big having neglected to invest majorly in the position since lukaku who we made most of our money back on.

GK? No idea. Raya Sanchez or Meslier I suppose are the major candidates from the PL talent pool.

Last edited:

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Depends on budget, surely ?

Assuming FDJ isn't coming .

Kane + Jude : 160m.
Kane + a budget midfielder: 100m
Osimhen + Jude : 200m
Osimhen + budget midfielder- 150m

Raya's fees will cancel out with Hendo.
Martial, McT & Maguire will leave. Hope we get Sabitzer and Wout permanently .

Nickosaur

Most likely - or should I say the targets that have had the strongest links - seem to be
Raya (£15m)
Caicedo (£70m) or FDJ (£80m)
Osimhen (£120m) or Kane (£100m)
Isn't that basically impossible due to FFP, even with new owners? Would need to get big fees for Maguire and McTominay to have a summer like that surely.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Did the club opt in for the additional year in de Gea's contract to 2024, can anyone tell me?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Dream:
  • Diogo Costa
  • Frenkie de Jong
  • Harry Kane/Victor Osimhen
Budget/mid tier:
  • Raya
  • Kovačić (1 year left on contract)/Bennacer/Nunes
  • Vlahović/Sesko
Skint:
  • De Gea 150k/week
  • Tielemans (free)
  • Weghorst/Choupo Moting
Wouldn't mind if we got Osimhen, Tielemans and Raya as our 3. But obviously the dream section are easy picks if we can afford it (and they are willing to come).

Also IMO we need a younger long term DM cover and CB cover, basically to replace Maguire and McTominay. Can do that with net 0 spend and lowering wages easily. Shop Southampton when they get relegated for Lavia and Bella Kotchap.

Oranges038

• Goalkeeper: Maarten Vandevoordt
Mind you, those picks are secondary; good new owners and better support structure for ten Hag are of primary importance.
Joining RB next year. Deals been done for a while.

Biggins

Most likely - or should I say the targets that have had the strongest links - seem to be
Raya (£15m)
Caicedo (£70m) or FDJ (£80m)
Osimhen (£120m) or Kane (£100m)
Isn't that basically impossible due to FFP, even with new owners? Would need to get big fees for Maguire and McTominay to have a summer like that surely.
New owners will do Chelsea. Sign Mbappe on 10-year contract.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
The striker and midfielder are obvious needs, so pretty straightforward there. Take your pick of god knows how many options.

Goalkeeper is the more interesting one, because having made do with loan signings for our back-up goalkeeper this year we will need to make a signing regardless of what we do with De Gea. So do we just sign another back-up? Sign genuine competition to compete with him? Let him leave and sign a replacement, presumably then also having to sign a second goalkeeper for back up? With him not having singed a new contract yet the options are quite open-ended.

MrPaxtons

Seems a bit silly to guess this now, the new owners might want more and give hag lots of cash to get the team he wants.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
"A younger midfielder"?

That sounds strangely specific
Not really. The first-choice midfielders we're currently very dependent on are both 30 and the next in line (Fred) will turn 30 next month. It's fairly obvious that the midfield signing needs to be younger from a squad make-up POV.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
Not really. The first-choice midfielders we're currently very dependent on are both 30 and the next in line (Fred) will turn 30 next month. It's fairly obvious that the midfield signing needs to be younger from a squad make-up POV.
So, do you think we have someone specific in mind?

croadyman

GK: Raya
MF: Bellingham/FDJ/Who the feck knows?
St: Kane/Ramos

Depending on how they perform, I reckon we might even make Weghorst and Sabitzer permanent, as squad options to replace Martial and McT.
Yeah these next few months are auditions

croadyman

I'd be pleasantly surprised if the club has earmarked summer transfer targets this early, going on previous summer transfer windows. But hopefully Ten Hag will have pushed the board to act a bit more decisively this time.

New ownership could change all this of course but hopefully groundwork is being done for the three positions in that article - because they are needed. I'd be hopeful we sign Sabitzer and Weghorst also, if they are both deemed successful.
Well IF their market values stay similar it would take about £40m to sign both which to replace McTominay & Martial is fair.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I suspect we'll go in for a CB too, especially if Maguire goes.
I doubt it because of FFP is limiting us right now. Beside, sell one CB will still leave us 4 covers in CB. But if we sell both Maguire and Lindelof then we should go for a young CB.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Goalkeeper: Jordan Pickford
Midfielder: Saul
Striker: Lukaku

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
  • Goalkeeper: Maarten Vandervoordt
Barcelona had almost closed Alberto Moleiro half a year ago and now they are going to lose him. I'm curious to see him in a top team.

RORY65

So, do you think we have someone specific in mind?
Presumably if De Jong was interested and available then he would be first choice but we've never had any real indications that he is interested or if he's still available. I think ideally we'd want someone younger who can primarily take Eriksen's place but can also somewhat deputise for Casemiro (i.e. having some defensive awareness) with Eriksen coming in alongside them. I thought Enzo Fernandez, who obviously is no longer available, looked ideal for that whenever I've seen him (only the World Cup and a couple of CL games) but the club will have a list of targets for that role.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Joining RB next year. Deals been done for a while.
Yes, I'm aware of that. Contracts can be amended and restated if an appropriate offer come along.
Barcelona had almost closed Alberto Moleiro half a year ago and now they are going to lose him. I'm curious to see him in a top team.
Nooo, you have to stop being greedy and leave some for the rest of us; are Pedri, Gavi, Frenkie, Torre not enough? And, I'm also curious to see him in a top team. While he's not a comparable talent to Pedri (who is, really?), he possesses quite a few qualities in his own right — in terms of general interpretation of space, ball-carrying nous, deftness of touch and so forth. We really lack some of those characteristics in our current midfield group, and maybe he can be molded into a better rhythmic passer and organizer as an interior midfielder with time. Could be a worthwhile project for ten Hag, Moleiro's potential is definitely very tantalizing. :)