''United plan to welcome a new goalkeeper, a younger midfielder and a striker in the summer as permanent arrivals.'' Who will they be?

Matthew84!

Not sure about GK
CM FDJ, Bellingham, Cheisa, Barella,
CF, kane, Osimhen.
Pick any 2 and I'd be happy.
Lots of players to sell to raise funds,
Also I'd try to keep the 2 on loan players if possible.

FriedClams

Depends on budget, surely ?

Assuming FDJ isn't coming .

Kane + Jude : 160m.
Kane + a budget midfielder: 100m
Osimhen + Jude : 200m
Osimhen + budget midfielder- 150m

Raya's fees will cancel out with Hendo.
Martial, McT & Maguire will leave. Hope we get Sabitzer and Wout permanently .
I feel you may have miscalculated what bellingham will cost. and Kane. And Osmihen

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Not sure what keeper we’ll go for. Midfield targets I assume will be Bellingham/FDJ. Strikers will probably be Kane/osimhen.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Yes, I'm aware of that. Contracts can be amended and restated if an appropriate offer come along.

Nooo, you have to stop being greedy and leave some for the rest of us; are Pedri, Gavi, Frenkie, Torre not enough? And, I'm also curious to see him in a top team. While he's not a comparable talent to Pedri (who is, really?), he possesses quite a few qualities in his own right — in terms of general interpretation of space, ball-carrying nous, deftness of touch and so forth. We really lack some of those characteristics in our current midfield group, and maybe he can be molded into a better rhythmic passer and organizer as an interior midfielder with time. Could be a worthwhile project for ten Hag, Moleiro's potential is definitely very tantalizing. :)
Las Palmas is first in the second division and its coach is García Pimienta, former coach of Barcelona b and youth for many years. I hope he is doing his job and convincing Moleiro to go to Barcelona!!

I think he is a D.Olmo player, he can play as an interior and even LW.

He has many conditions and a few days ago I read some statements from him saying that this year he learned a lot to be calmer and choose the right option better.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
fdj turns 26 this year. Is he exactly young?

Mr.Hik

Pickford, when Everton goes down.
Sabitzer.
Mbappe

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Really rated that Morocco CM (i think #8, ounahi?) In the world cup. Any rumors about him?

croadyman

Not sure about GK
CM FDJ, Bellingham, Cheisa, Barella,
CF, kane, Osimhen.
Pick any 2 and I'd be happy.
Lots of players to sell to raise funds,
Also I'd try to keep the 2 on loan players if possible.
I think plan is to have a budget for the first XI key positions (ST,CM,GK) then IF we can get takers for the likes of McTominay,Maguire & Martial (tough ask) we will either look into making loans for Weghorst & Sabitzer permanent or bring in some squad depth for reasonable fees.

crossy1686

career ending
Depends on budget, surely ?

Assuming FDJ isn't coming .

Kane + Jude : 160m.
Kane + a budget midfielder: 100m
Osimhen + Jude : 200m
Osimhen + budget midfielder- 150m

Raya's fees will cancel out with Hendo.
Martial, McT & Maguire will leave. Hope we get Sabitzer and Wout permanently .
There’s not a world where those combinations don’t cost closer to £300m all in all.

MUFC OK

If we are ambitious about competing for the league CL:

Maignan, Bellingham/Caicedo, Osimhen/Sesko.

I'd also like to see N'Dicka brought in with Maguire leaving.

crossy1686

career ending
Forward: expecting something left field, someone from Holland or South America. Young but absolutely raring to go.

Midfield: De Jong, Sabitzer, maybe another free transfer, depends who’s on the market.

GK: someone who currently plays in the PL and could replace De Gea in one seasons time.

RuudTom83

Big money signings are usually a disaster, so I hope United are not going to be drawn into long negotiations for Kane/FDJ, lasting all summer only to either vastly overpay or miss out on other signings.

I hope this summer United can just quietly go about their business and go after attainable options.

Who those players are? that is up to EtH and the scouts to identify.

Anyone can say Kane or Osimhen for the CF position but world football is full of talent, go and get them before they move to a Dortmund or Benfica.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Forget about Osimenh, Chelsea will offer Napoli 150m and sign him

sifi36

For goalkeeper, Maignan is the obvious choice but he’ll probably cost an arm and a leg. Raya is good on crosses, off his line and plays the ball well but is an average shot stopper. My cheap option is Brice Samba of Lens, great at everything and only moved there for €5m last Summer. He’s 28 so got plenty of experience. I reckon we could get him for around £20m, so break even with the sale of Henderson and about what Raya would cost.

Mainoldo

For goalkeeper, Maignan is the obvious choice but he’ll probably cost an arm and a leg. Raya is good on crosses, off his line and plays the ball well but is an average shot stopper. My cheap option is Brice Samba of Lens, great at everything and only moved there for €5m last Summer. He’s 28 so got plenty of experience. I reckon we could get him for around £20m, so break even with the sale of Henderson and about what Raya would cost.
Sounds like Van Der Saar. I’m defo sold.

Skills

Snitch
Dream:
  • Diogo Costa
  • Frenkie de Jong
  • Harry Kane/Victor Osimhen
Budget/mid tier:
  • Raya
  • Kovačić (1 year left on contract)/Bennacer/Nunes
  • Vlahović/Sesko
Skint:
  • De Gea 150k/week
  • Tielemans (free)
  • Weghorst/Choupo Moting
Wouldn't mind if we got Osimhen, Tielemans and Raya as our 3. But obviously the dream section are easy picks if we can afford it (and they are willing to come).

Also IMO we need a younger long term DM cover and CB cover, basically to replace Maguire and McTominay. Can do that with net 0 spend and lowering wages easily. Shop Southampton when they get relegated for Lavia and Bella Kotchap.
De Gea (renewed contract)
Osimhen
Kovacic and Tielemans or Sabitzer (based on his loan)

Would be a good summer. Give us another year to get the right GK in because none of them look promising. A dogshit GK who'll fall apart at this stage will be far worse than continuing with De Gea for another season

appleman

Supports
Atletico Madrid
If McTominay leaves:

• De Gea (for now) but backup idk
  • FDJ and keep Sabitzer if he performs well (which means Eriksen can play 10 more often)
  • Osimhen (Kane would be fine, but Osimhen is younger) or Félix. One of Martial and Bobo Weghorst will have to stay. I prefer the former but basic knowledge and memory of their fitness records suggest the latter as a more reliable option.
If McTominay doesn’t leave (nor Fred), then only one of FDJ and Sabitzer. It’s good to improve the squad but in that case it’s easier to invest in the other options.

git_united

2 pages in and no jokes about Lingard being the young midfielder?

sifi36

Sounds like Van Der Saar. I’m defo sold.
Samba is just as good at that stuff and is one of the best shot stoppers in Europe. According to Capology, he’s on €1.2m a year, his contract can be bought out for less than £5m and would make Raya seem like the expensive option by comparison.