United players upset at criticism, didums

MayfieldsFinest

United fans are upset at United being shite, then following up being shite with hollow, meaningless apologies. I guess we all have a cross to bear.

hobbers

"The player who did the blocking on Twitter used to search his name on the site to read negative posts to channel them into positive performances. He never seemed likely to make it at United but he has."

Gotta be McTominay or Fred? Can't think of any other players who fits that bill.

spiriticon

Hate to break it to these players but their performances are indeed as shit as the manager's, which is why as a collective we have won feck all in years.

You can blame Ole's tactics for all you like but if you're a truly outstanding player, you rise above and you still do the business and get results.

These bunch of wetwipes only 'look forward' to hiding behind manager sackings to excuse them for being shite.

JB7

Well, they are the only players who have gotten heavy critique in the media(I reckon you could throw AWB in there as well), so who else could it be?
All three of those are essentially automatic picks so they aren't "peripheral" players are they? So it's a waste of energy speculating on any of those three other than just to enjoy throwing shit at them.

This the what the article says:

The father of a player informed me my coverage of their son had been ‘red flagged’ by the player’s social media team. The player is still contracted to United but so peripheral it seemed inconceivable he could have a ‘team’.

Already this season, the relative of another prominent United player has sent me an abusive email. A follow-up arrived in my inbox an hour later from the same address, claiming they had been ‘hacked’. It was a rash transgression. The aforementioned players are all still at United.

So in relation to the very peripheral figure, you're looking at the back-up goalkeepers, Jones, Amad, Mata, Martial.

Regarding the prominent player, I would wager that is more likely to be AWB than Maguire or Shaw. I say this because the media have always claimed Shaw has never complained & Maguire has had a lot more shit thrown at him in the past than he's getting at the moment, additionally he has publically stated he doesn't look at social media so there is no reason he would be contacting a journalist. Plus, the article goes on to hammer Wan Bissaka for being poor with the press & very quiet.

It is also important to note a players family contacting a journalist does not mean the player has had anything to do with it. Frankly the backdown an hour or so later could easily have been when the player found out about it and told them to backtrack.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Luckhurst wrote another good article about this sort of thing during the summer that went under the radar.

In it, he heavily infers that all the players he's talking about are British and also notes that it isn't Shaw (who has 'never once complained')
We have an absurdly thin-skinned group of (British) players.
The wife one...could it be Martial? Or are they all British?

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
All three of those are essentially automatic picks so they aren't "peripheral" players are they? So it's a waste of energy speculating on any of those three other than just to enjoy throwing shit at them.

This the what the article says:

The father of a player informed me my coverage of their son had been ‘red flagged’ by the player’s social media team. The player is still contracted to United but so peripheral it seemed inconceivable he could have a ‘team’.

Already this season, the relative of another prominent United player has sent me an abusive email. A follow-up arrived in my inbox an hour later from the same address, claiming they had been ‘hacked’. It was a rash transgression. The aforementioned players are all still at United.

So in relation to the very peripheral figure, you're looking at the back-up goalkeepers, Jones, Amad, Mata, Martial.

Regarding the prominent player, I would wager that is more likely to be AWB than Maguire or Shaw. I say this because the media have always claimed Shaw has never complained & Maguire has had a lot more shit thrown at him in the past than he's getting at the moment, additionally he has publically stated he doesn't look at social media so there is no reason he would be contacting a journalist. Plus, the article goes on to hammer Wan Bissaka for being poor with the press & very quiet.

It is also important to note a players family contacting a journalist does not mean the player has had anything to do with it. Frankly the backdown an hour or so later could easily have been when the player found out about it and told them to backtrack.
A hint?

He is apparently a bit of a c*nt and comes across so full of himself that I could absolutely believe he is behind some of this.

pascell

Samuel Luckhurst of the Manchester Evening News claims that some family members of Manchester United players have been in touch with him to complain about negative coverage of the players in question.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....ed-players-complain-about-media-coverage/amp/

Not at all surprising.. mentally weak team can’t handle criticism shocker. Maguire and Bruno are two players who’ve come out whinging over criticism over the past year. That’s our captain and best player… which speaks volumes.
Wondering who these players are who’s family members are crying to the press….
Numerous players constantly apologising through that media relations wanker after every embarrassing defeat.
Do our players have no shame ? At all? Seriously ?
Maguire 100%, his family seem a tad touchy on social media when it comes to criticism of him and the fact on the article, he's on everyone photo basically as a subtle, yet massive hint.

The other is mentioned as more or less, part of the squad but is nowhere near playing.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Whatever criticism they receive from the press is nothing compared to what they receive on message boards, so, that's not saying much about their level of tolerance to what is currently a fair assessment of their performances. Only Roy Keane tells it as it is on TV.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Whatever footballing stick they get is utterly deserved - they have been dreadful.

Personal stick is not called for

Zoo

"The player who did the blocking on Twitter used to search his name on the site to read negative posts to channel them into positive performances. He never seemed likely to make it at United but he has."

Gotta be McTominay or Fred? Can't think of any other players who fits that bill.
McTominay blocked Goldbridge last week. Can't blame him for that though.

Luckhurst may have a point but out of all the journos who regularly cover United he is definitely the worst.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
As has been said. If I wasn't getting a chance to play it is a bit unfair to be criticised. The players are probably not happy that all Ole's mates are shifting all the blame onto them. They haven't been playing well, but we are not privy to the team meetings and what they are being asked to do, or not, on the pitch. The ones who are constantly picked despite bad performances have to be man enough to take some of the blame.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
So every word Luckhurst says is true? Did he provide any evidence in his article?

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Luckhurst is an idiot and has always comes across as a moany twat, so it's a bit rich. Just because his attitude captures the zeitgeist now doesn't mean we should believe everything hands down.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Luckhurst is an idiot and has always comes across as a moany twat, so it's a bit rich. Just because his attitude captures the zeitgeist now doesn't mean we should believe everything hands down.
Didn't he make some racist tweets/ Remember there was thread on caf with lot of tweets in that thread. Someone posted his old tweets.

crossy1686

career ending
Luckhurst wrote another good article about this sort of thing during the summer that went under the radar.

In it, he heavily infers that all the players he's talking about are British and also notes that it isn't Shaw (who has 'never once complained')

I don’t think they’re thin skinned, there’s more entitlement amongst fans now who think they can give them shit on social media and in real life, because they see others doing it on social media.

Imagine not being able to go on any form of social media without seeing your name and performances getting hammered. They’re not free from criticism but they’re also entitled to a private life free from abuse around the clock.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Didn't he make some racist tweets/ Remember there was thread on caf with lot of tweets in that thread. Someone posted his old tweets.
Hmm you might be right, but I just remember being wholy unprofessional when tweeting, for a journalist and basically acting like a gobby fan. So it wouldn't surprise me if you're right.

Irwin99

Always take these stories with a pinch of salt and most are utter BS but some of our players do seem a bit moany at times. Didn't McTominay block that guy from the United Stand recently? (probably understandable with how much of a prat the guy is). Maguire has always struck me as a bit of a whinger, particularly about referee decisions in post match interviews, Jones had that rant a bit back about so called fans abusing him, which was fair enough in some respects considering the stuff that gets thrown at him.

Professional footballers having PR teams is always a weird one I feel. Silence is more preferable than empty cliches or 'good vibes' after a match and most fans see through a PR twitter message.

laughtersassassin

Maguires brother and sister Publicly called his Critics and United fans idiots.

What do they expect when he plays rubbish? We are hardly going to praise him.

romufc

Didn't McTominay block that guy from the United Stand recently? (probably understandable with how much of a prat the guy is).
Yep, he was on twitter crying about it, but he does the same when someone doesn't share his opinion.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Shut the feck up Luckhurst. You journalists are the same. Talking shit whenever it fit your needs but doesnt want the same happen to you!

Edit: Oops my account got hacked!

FerociousCorgis

any criticism that is directly aimed at performance, or lack of, on the field is perfectly fine. These grown ass men get to play a game while making an extreme amount of money. It comes with the job

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I agree with them but they shouldn't cry back at it.

The fact is the majority of people in this world regard Ole as the failure and the poor coach.

Why take it out on the players when these players are being coached and managed badly to a level many deem is not good enough?

Arguably even on International duty these players can make it look like its Ole's fault than the players fault most of the time.

Once all is gone and the next manager is able to get the majority playing well and some struggling then they can be targeting with a pointing finger.

Pointing finger at players when the MAJORITY of the squad is struggling is just wrong in my opinion.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
If you look at Maguire long enough especially when his face is facing 72 degree angle he begins to look like one of them Karens in supermarkets and you can be sure they cant handle criticisms well.

shaky

Indeed. I wouldn't be surprised if none of it is true, or if it's heavily fabricated. The bloke is a clown.

"The father of a player informed me my coverage of their son had been ‘red flagged’ by the player’s social media team. The player is still contracted to United but so peripheral it seemed inconceivable he could have a ‘team’. "
Lines like this in the article just seem very weird and bitter. Why would it be inconceivable to him that a Utd player had a social media team despite them being "peripheral" these days? Makes absolutely no sense. I'm pretty sure players don't hire and fire their social media teams based on how often they get a game.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Same type of players/people who were offended by LvG's criticising e-mails

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
@roonster09 think it was more him calling fans from outside of manchester at the games "tourists", thinking about it.
Indeed. I wouldn't be surprised if none of it is true, or if it's heavily fabricated. The bloke is a clown.

"The father of a player informed me my coverage of their son had been ‘red flagged’ by the player’s social media team. The player is still contracted to United but so peripheral it seemed inconceivable he could have a ‘team’. "
Lines like this in the article just seem very weird and bitter. Why would it be inconceivable to him that a Utd player had a social media team despite them being "peripheral" these days? Makes absolutely no sense. I'm pretty sure players don't hire and fire their social media teams based on how often they get a game.
Yeah this is my issue with how he writes stuff. It reads like a shitty daily mail article about Meghan Markle or something.

Ludens the Red

Damning…

Maguire 100%, his family seem a tad touchy on social media when it comes to criticism of him and the fact on the article, he's on everyone photo basically as a subtle, yet massive hint.

The other is mentioned as more or less, part of the squad but is nowhere near playing.
Yeah my money is on Maguire being the main guy. Guessing Lingard for the other…