United players upset at criticism, didums

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
The local media in general love managers who give a quick route at big clubs to local talent. Then there's of course the power behind Manchester United FC. They whom to invite to pressers or whom to leak the information to. United generate huge interest so its within the media in general not to burn bridges with that especially with a manager whose seen as part of Legacy FC.
Loads of the media have been revelling in our post-SAF demise and who can blame them tbh?

dave1956

Dear me, what would these players have done in the 60s, 70s and early 80s, when the fans could only in the main express their feelings at the gound, or letters to the football Green and Pink. At times the disapproval was very vocal within OT., boos, slow hand clapping both in team performance and individual players. I remember over those years that when a certain player was a announced on the team sheet boos or clapping would resound around the ground.
Plus there was no hiding place for them in the week, they lived locally, mixed locally, many travelled to OT., on the local transport on match days. Perhaps this was a good thing, they were in tune with the supporters, unlike todays players whose only inter action with the supporters is via their social / media P.R., team
I recall that in 1957 there was only one player who travelled to training and OT., on match days in his own motor car and that was Roger Bryne, the only other person was Sir Matt Busby.
How things have changed, players who live within a protected bubble and really are no longer in tune with the fans.
I recall being at that time in my local pub, one Saturday evening after a game when Alex Stepney had dropped nearly every cross that came his way. In the pub was Alex and a number of United players, Alex went to the bar to collect a round of drinks. Coming back to the table some body in the pub shouted out, " Do not drop it Alex", you can guess what happened he dropped it. He bought the pub a round.
Can you see that happening now, no.
The present players have no real connection to the supporters of this club nor for many of them the club it's self other than it pays them a wage.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Dear me, what would these players have done in the 60s, 70s and early 80s, when the fans could only in the main express their feelings at the gound, or letters to the football Green and Pink. At times the disapproval was very vocal within OT., boos, slow hand clapping both in team performance and individual players. I remember over those years that when a certain player was a announced on the team sheet boos or clapping would resound around the ground.
Plus there was no hiding place for them in the week, they lived locally, mixed locally, many travelled to OT., on the local transport on match days. Perhaps this was a good thing, they were in tune with the supporters, unlike todays players whose only inter action with the supporters is via their social / media P.R., team
I recall that in 1957 there was only one player who travelled to training and OT., on match days in his own motor car and that was Roger Bryne, the only other person was Sir Matt Busby.
How things have changed, players who live within a protected bubble and really are no longer in tune with the fans.
I recall being at that time in my local pub, one Saturday evening after a game when Alex Stepney had dropped nearly every cross that came his way. In the pub was Alex and a number of United players, Alex went to the bar to collect a round of drinks. Coming back to the table some body in the pub shouted out, " Do not drop it Alex", you can guess what happened he dropped it. He bought the pub a round.
Can you see that happening now, no.
The present players have no real connection to the supporters of this club nor for many of them the club it's self other than it pays them a wage.
Great story! :lol:

Daengophile

Strong remarks should provoke a strong response from the players in question.

That response should only ever be in training and on the pitch

jem

A hint?

He is apparently a bit of a c*nt and comes across so full of himself that I could absolutely believe he is behind some of this.
Are you referring to Rashford? I hadn’t heard any of those things about him.