United players you didn't/don't like

Boss

Melodramatic, attention seeking space-attacker
I left you with enough memories to resurrect me wi
good shout

given where he came from and how rivalries were back then, I never warmed up to him.

Also with everything that happened this season where Rooney showed his true colours, I am indifferent to him now...it doesn't matter how brilliant he plays on the pitch. For the immediate future I just can't feel anything positive about him. I still remember the SAF press conference and how worn-down SAF looked as a result of Rooney's antics.
I might be confused with another poster, but did you ever like Wayne?

Cina

Nani holding his face when he stubs his toe and thinking he's fecking Ronaldo mark II every time he gets on the ball because he shares a nationality and half of his free-kicking ability (note, it's the first half e.g the 'putting the ball down' and lining the shot up that he has in common rather than the important 'scoring the goal' part, that matters) that he has a right to ignore every fecking team mate around him. Oh, and cheer the feck up.

Bosnich.
:lol:

As soon as I saw this thread title you and Nani came to mind.

And voila!

So pathetic.

SFraser

Rest in Peace
Tevez. Never liked the spastic cnut, especially after we got rid of twice the player in all departments in Smudger.

One of Fergies worst ever set of decisions getting rid of Smith and bringing in Tevez. Atleast Smith had a bit of a clue about him.

Cina

Tevez. Never liked the spastic cnut, especially after we got rid of twice the player in all departments in Smudger.

One of Fergies worst ever set of decisions getting rid of Smith and bringing in Tevez. Atleast Smith had a bit of a clue about him.
Yeah Smith was definitely twice the player Tevez was/is :rolleyes:

Aaron

:lol:

As soon as I saw this thread title you and Nani came to mind.

And voila!

So pathetic.
Why are you eternally obsessed with my opinion of Nani?

I'm not your father, stop reflecting your issues onto me.

Cina

Why are you eternally obsessed with my opinion of Nani?

I'm not your father, stop reflecting your issues onto me.
Because you berate him as a player purely for the fact that you dislike him, perhaps?

It's always been obvious that his ability as a footballer has never had any aspect to why you argue that Valencia is better or he's not as good as people say etc, you just don't like him.

Basically, you're a spiteful bastard about the lad.

Name Changed

weso26
I liked both Smith and Tevez when they were at the club. I like players who give 100% even when they are playing poorly or don't have the ability. I must be mad so.

Cina

I liked Tevez too, a lot actually.

I was gutted to see him go at the time.

Name Changed

weso26
Owen obviously, the only utd player I've ever genuinely disliked. Can't wait for him to feck off this summer.
Why is it obvious? Because he is ex-Liverpool? Even before he joined United, he always seemed to me anyway to be a nice, genuine lad. In my opinion, he still is.

Aaron

Because you berate him as a player purely for the fact that you dislike him, perhaps?

It's always been obvious that his ability as a footballer has never had any aspect to why you argue that Valencia is better or he's not as good as people say etc, you just don't like him.

Basically, you're a spiteful bastard about the lad.
You're like my stalker. The thread is full of people giving reasons why they don't like someone or the other. As opposed to you who think you're somehow earning brownie points by saying how wonderful you think everyone is.

Leave me alone, please.

humdinger

I don't know if there's any I didn't like while they played for us, although there were some I warmed to less.

Retrospectively I don't like Ince due to signing for a massive rival and the fact he took every opportunity to take the piss out of us. Likewise Tevez.

I absolutely despised Rooney earlier this season when he put a transfer request in - I have now (mostly) forgiven him but think I will always look at him in a different light now.

I admit I never really warmed to Ronaldo due to his antics - I loved what a great player he was, and I certainly didn't dislike him, but he made me cringe due to his arrogance and histrionics. I also have similar feelings towards Nani.

I'm surprised at how many people have said Alan Smith - I loved him when he was here. Never a great player for us, but a great attitude. He will always be a Leeds fan first and foremost, but he gave us everything.

Cina

You're like my stalker. The thread is full of people giving reasons why they don't like someone or the other. As opposed to you who think you're somehow earning brownie points by saying how wonderful you think everyone is.

Leave me alone, please.
And you know I'm right :)

I've nothing against you as a poster, generally you're good from what I see, just give the Nani shit a rest.

Oh, and I don't like everyone. I hate Obertan, his head is too big.

Aaron

Jordi Cruyff had annoyng hair. The sort of hair a man should only have if he's just gone swimming and hasn't got time to do it properly until he gets home.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Keane was a tremendous player, and a United legend. But I hated how, in his final days, he often gave the ball away...and then shouted at the nearest available youngster.

B Cantona

Desperate
I'm quite fickle. I generally don't care for players I don't think are good enough for the club. I also don't care for players that don't represent the club the way I feel they should

All that said, I'm struggling to think of a player I don't like. It's not like we really know them, so it's hard to form an opinion on these kind of things either way

I think Alan Smith is probably the player I've liked least for United over the last decade. Wish we'd never signed him

Name Changed

weso26
Fair enough. If I hadn't said "obviously" I'd have had posters like Lance sarcastically replying to it. In a thread about burgers he brought up my feelings on Michael Owen! in the same way Cina seems to follow Aaron, Lance follows me.
:lol: fair enough

Alilaw

Kieran Richardson. Managed to combine utter averageness with the largest disproportionately huge fecking ego known to man. Complete nob.

I suspect there's an awful lot of tevez revisionism going on in this thread... Probably from people who used to sing 'sign him up' and whatnot.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Ronaldo
Tevez
Ince
Heinze

SFraser

Rest in Peace
Yeah Smith was definitely twice the player Tevez was/is :rolleyes:
Wum?

Wait...

Alan Smith?

huh?
Alan Smith, the man capable of lifting his head. Alan Smith, the man capable of playing a tactical role. Alan Smith, the man capable of understanding just exactly what he actually was.

It's a complete non question. Ferguson had Smith pegged in to replace Roy Keane. He let Tevez go after two seasons.

Tevez is a good player but he is a spastic of the highest order. This club isn't about those kind of players. This club is all about players like Smith, it has feck all to do with players like Tevez.

You retards going to tell me Tevez is a United player? I have watched Tevez play many times, never in a million years does he have the mind to be a United player.

Smith was a player I respected, and my respect is not earned easily. Tevez is an overhyped spastic that is built like a bull.

Let me make it clear to you, if football was all about putting your head down and bulldozing past opponents and then rifling a beast into the net, Tevez would be the greatest player that ever lived. Football is not about that, and Tevez gets to spend his days hating Man City while he hates Manchester United more.

He is a spastic of the highest order. There is no comparison. I have never despised a player in my life as much as I despise Tevez and the main reason for that is because you retards keep praising him.

What The feck? We are talking about Carlos Tevez here. I find it hard to believe you can rate him at the same time as you take an interest in football.

MacMUFC

I've never disliked any player in a United shirt. Afterwards, perhaps. Players have pissed me off, no doubt, but to say i've ever disliked or hated a United player is just...no wonder some of you are so quick to get on a players back.

Minkaro

Heinze before that little incidence of wanting to go to Liverpool.
I dislike Heinze simply because it took me ages to learn how to say his name. Mostly because every commentator said it differently.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots

Alan Smith, the man capable of lifting his head. Alan Smith, the man capable of playing a tactical role. Alan Smith, the man capable of understanding just exactly what he actually was.

It's a complete non question. Ferguson had Smith pegged in to replace Roy Keane. He let Tevez go after two seasons.

Tevez is a good player but he is a spastic of the highest order. This club isn't about those kind of players. This club is all about players like Smith, it has feck all to do with players like Tevez.

You retards going to tell me Tevez is a United player? I have watched Tevez play many times, never in a million years does he have the mind to be a United player.

Smith was a player I respected, and my respect is not earned easily. Tevez is an overhyped spastic that is built like a bull.

Let me make it clear to you, if football was all about putting your head down and bulldozing past opponents and then rifling a beast into the net, Tevez would be the greatest player that ever lived. Football is not about that, and Tevez gets to spend his days hating Man City while he hates Manchester United more.

He is a spastic of the highest order. There is no comparison. I have never despised a player in my life as much as I despise Tevez and the main reason for that is because you retards keep praising him.

What The feck? We are talking about Carlos Tevez here. I find it hard to believe you can rate him at the same time as you take an interest in football.
Laughable posts quite honestly. We wouldn't have won the CL in 07/08 without signing Tevez, he was very important in bringing out the best out of Rooney and Ronaldo.. a third amigo they both respected and could rely on to contribute with match-winning goals under intense pressure.

Your hatred is blinding you, Smith.. really, decent player who was unlucky to get injured but was never going to replace Keane injury free or not. The former is a internationally reknowned footballer who at his best would get into most sides despite being a spastic due to personal problems, the latter is .. Alan Smith, a hard working striker who could score a few goals here and there but was never cut out for the elite level of football.

RedLars

Given how good of a player he was, I never really felt anything special for Ronaldo. He was a great player, and still is, and I love watching him still today, but his antics coupled with his public persona resulted in that I could never really like him.

I was also never all that excited about Sheringham, to be honest, but for me he had the biggest shoes to fill (Cantona), and was never going to do that.

The last one I'm probably going to be slagged off a lot for, but the same goes for Roy Keane. I remember how everyone always raved on about him and how he was their favourite playe, and while I certainly appreciated the important role he had in our team, I just never got the impression that he was a likeable person at all and as such could never really appreciate him on any level beyond.

It's weird though, because most of these impressions are created almost from nothing. I used to detest Michael Owen and the fact that he took up a place in our squad, but since he joined twitter I've done a complete turnaround. I now think he's one of the most level-headed, reflected and sincere players out there, and I really respect the man. Wouldn't even mind it if he got another contract either.

Just goes to show how fickle us football fans (or at least myself) really are, and how little we need to make up (stupid) opinions.

Denis' cuff

Ronaldo

Tevez

Bosnich at the time - must've been his face but I'd hate to think I'd judge somebody that way

can't for the life see why anyone would dislike Andy Cole

Oddly enough, Bosnich does the analysis on Aussie tv with Robbie Slater and comes over ok and very cluey - nobody could dislike Slater.