United reserves to play Shamrock Rovers and Arsenal Reserves

el eric

Fecking pissing down and I feel 100 years old, thanks to playing football yesterday. Ugh.

I assume there's no way to watch this game and avoid getting wet? :(
I was all set to go, but I got bleeding soaked on the way home from work. I think I'll leave it. Its brutal out there

Heard Macheda is in the squad for today

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
HT: 1 nil to l'Arse.

Lansbury running the game. We're struggling to get a grip in midfield and Arsenal's strikers are bullying us, physically.

We're not much better going forward. Poor Will Keane's having a stinker and Macheda's spending the whole game offside.

The only positive for me is that vermilj looks neat and tidy (although that's tempered by the fact he came on for Rafael, who was getting the runaround) Amos has had a good game too.

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
Seems like we're a bit off the boil here in the first few weeks.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
HT: 1 nil to l'Arse.

Lansbury running the game. We're struggling to get a grip in midfield and Arsenal's strikers are bullying us, physically.

We're not much better going forward. Poor Will Keane's having a stinker and Macheda's spending the whole game offside.

The only positive for me is that vermilj looks neat and tidy (although that's tempered by the fact he came on for Rafael, who was getting the runaround) Amos has had a good game too.
According to Man United Youth it was Fabio and an injury...

ManUnitedYouth

B) Not sure what Fábio's injury is or the severity, he was just forced off midway thru the 1st half, replaced by Vermijl.

Kelvin

out-played by the arsenal youth judging by the report. :(

Brophs

The One and Only
He's Brazilian in case you couldn't tell and shit hot.
Is he the lad who cost you about four or five million quid?

My mate's Brazilian wife reckons he'll be an international in two-three years. Apparently people over there don't understand why he was sold so cheaply.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Arsenal much the better side. Was most disappointed in macheda and Cleverley who were amongst the poorer players on the pitch, when they should really have been amongst the best. Ho hum.
That makes me feel better, in a strange way. Sounds like we underperformed anyway.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Arsenal much the better side. Was most disappointed in macheda and Cleverley who were amongst the poorer players on the pitch, when they should really have been amongst the best. Ho hum.
Macheda's been awful whenever he's played for the reserves for a long time. I reckon he thinks its beneath him. Not a good attitude to have when he has so many strikers ahead of him.

Mitch Conor

Holy CRAP BALLS!!
we were so easily bullied tonight. they physically hammered us all night and we just couldn't stand up to them Thomas dominated Wooton and Gill. Brown did better vs the Arsenal forward when he came on. Thought our midfield was poor in putting it up to arsenal - eikrem and norwood stood off too much. Cleverley didn't do much as you said and Kiko was rubbish at staying onside. I thought Keane was a lot better than him in that he at least tried to get involved.

On the positive side, I do think we looked quite dangerous on set pieces, we could have had a couple of goals from them with Gill, Cleverly and Kiko all going close when attacking set pieces, the arsenal keeper made a great save from Keane too.

Our biggest problem was that we just didn't stand up to them in midfield.

Joga_Bonito

He’ll play upon, Your naturalistic intuitions…
Not on tonight's showing. Scored but did little else all night.

Arsenal's dominance was all about Lansbury having a very good game and your front three being about 6 inches and a couple of stone bigger/stronger than our back four.
I watched him in the U17 World Cup, and he only appeared off the bench for 20 minutes or so in two of the games (Brazil were knocked out at the group stage), but he looked exceptionally talented, even though he was much younger than most of the players there.

Decotron

Better team won last night but I still felt we were good enough to get the equalizer.

Norwood was our worst player last night. It was also a pity Ole moved Wotton into midfield to replace him. Would have prefered if he tried brady there instead.

Fabio was also poor. Cleverley disappointed to an extent but still looks a player.

Id also echo the sentiments regarding Arsenals big lads, wasnt very impressed with them technically at all.

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
Macheda's been awful whenever he's played for the reserves for a long time. I reckon he thinks its beneath him. Not a good attitude to have when he has so many strikers ahead of him.

Yeah. He did look kind of disinterested at times.
Yup we have discussed this on numerous occasions.. He just doesn't seem bothered at this level.. However I think he has always performed when he has been fit and playing in the 1st team around other 1st team regulars.. Much like Gibson he performs better around better players..

Girish II

The best I've seen Macheda play (certainly for the reserves) was in the play off against Villa last season. He got a lot of joy in the slightly deeper area. The rest of the time (in less important games) it's more often than not been the case where he's out of the game for large parts and then clinical and at the right place and right time in that one flash moment.

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
The best I've seen Macheda play (certainly for the reserves) was in the play off against Villa last season. He got a lot of joy in the slightly deeper area. The rest of the time (in less important games) it's more often than not been the case where he's out of the game for large parts and then clinical and at the right place and right time in that one flash moment.
Newcastle away for the reserves he scored 3.. Although that was probably motivated by the fact that SAF told him that he would be in consideration for the 1st team because of injuries etc..