United Reserves vs City-

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
From Mark Ogden's webchat

Gary Neville, Wes Brown, Michael Carrick, Anderson, Chris Smalling and Darron Gibson will play for Utd reserves against City at Hyde tonight. Told you the derby was big on all levels now!
Wow, Quite a strong line up that for a reserves match. Carrick demoted to reserves?

Decotron

I presume this is on MUTV. Not the biggest fan of mixing so many first teamers in the reserves, rarely works in the way we'd like. Once upon a time it served a purpose these days its barely worth while.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I presume this is on MUTV. Not the biggest fan of mixing so many first teamers in the reserves, rarely works in the way we'd like. Once upon a time it served a purpose these days its barely worth while.
With the likes of Carrick, Anderson and Neville all missing pre-season, for various different reasons, you can see the logic in giving them a game.

jb8521

With the likes of Carrick, Anderson and Neville all missing pre-season, for various different reasons, you can see the logic in giving them a game.
Yeah Fergie keeps talking about getting players minutes and how long certain players have played any time he's asked about team selection so this is probably the best way to push them on into first team reckoning and giving them match sharpness

MPTutd

Amos

Neville
Brown
Smalling
Fabio

Obertan
Carrick
Gibson
Anderson

Macheda
Bebe

That COULD be the team tonight if the earier posts are to be believed.

Decotron

Thats true and given that this fixture is usually well contested it should be a good test but in general there are so many games at reserve level that a training match would benefit the players as much if not more.

The age old you "cant beat a competitive game" theory barely applies to the reserves any more. Much prefer the academy games these days

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
What time does this kickoff on MUTV? 7 PM? I am asking someone to cap it for us since its more or less strong teams on both ends.. I think even City might use a few squad players to build fitness etc..

That does look like the likely midfield, but perhaps Gibson will go right-wing, Obertan left, Anderson central?
Urm if thats the exact lineup then we will effectively be playing a 451/433 with Bebe and Obertan on the wings.. I am quite certain that is not the lineup though.. But in fairness to him all those players need minutes so you never know really..

PS18

City's line-up: City: Gonzales, Logan, Cunningham, Kay, Wabara, Mee, Elabdellaoui, Ibrahim, Tchuimeni-Nimely, Chantler, Helan.

Subs: Benali, Karius, Veseli, Bunn, Roman.

Number7

Ret's Slave
I'd also appreciate a link if there's one doing the rounds...cheers

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
Pm a Stream to me too.. Doesn't look like anyone is gonna cap the entire game on FBTZ.com

Sw33t

Sent and sent.

Lol @ Gary getting boo'd right away.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
Anyone with that stream....please xxx

Legendz

Can't be bothered to PM anyone else.

Go to the Sports section on JustinTV

Legendz

Header from Cleverly, off the bar. Should have scored.

Having a lot of posession, as you'd probably expect.