United sign Jadon Sancho - Dortmund CEO Waltzing No More!

Infra-red

I think he'll be one of the main beneficiaries of Ten Hag's arrival - indeed, this is one of the few causes for optimism for next season at the moment, in my view!

Elcabron

Correct so far as his first season was definitely 'meh'. He has the potential however to be a very good player for us but it is still only potential.

I'm more concerned about his ability to apply himself properly, get his head down and work his bollocks off. I think he needs a strong hand to guide him and instill the discipline needed to succeed at this level. ETH seems to be the man, let's hope it happens.

Our success rate with Bundeshliga signings thus far is not great, Kawaga, Mikhi, Schweinsteiger and a 'meh' so far from Sancho. Will be very interesting to see how Haaland fits in in a Pep team and in the PL.

Tavern in the town

Superstars are not judged by numbers alone, otherwise KdB, BSilva wouldn't be considered as stars.
Bernardo is hardly a superstar and KDB’s numbers have always been outrageous. Regardless Sancho is a wide player so numbers are what he will be judged off.

Grande

The most interesting thin about this thread is all the positivity a year ago. Fantastic signings, the club so impressive with getting signings early, look at that forward line just waiting to explode, we need to hit the ground running - then we can challenge City this year.

After 5-1 against Leeds, the only ones pessimistic were those whose I-told-you-so-s are useless because they are like broken clocks.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
This will be his United breakout season. Expecting 15+ goals this season
15 goals in all comps is hardly superstar numbers. I doubt he’ll get that many either way.
Bernardo is hardly a superstar and KDB’s numbers have always been outrageous. Regardless Sancho is a wide player so numbers are what he will be judged off.
So for KdB numbers means Goals and Assists, for Sancho numbers means only goals. Good logic.

Tavern in the town

So for KdB numbers means Goals and Assists, for Sancho numbers means only goals. Good logic.
I mean you can use both goals and assists for Sancho if you want. I’ll bet you £100 Sancho doesn’t hit 20 goals plus assists in the league next season.

Stacks

The most interesting thin about this thread is all the positivity a year ago. Fantastic signings, the club so impressive with getting signings early, look at that forward line just waiting to explode, we need to hit the ground running - then we can challenge City this year.

After 5-1 against Leeds, the only ones pessimistic were those whose I-told-you-so-s are useless because they are like broken clocks.
I wasn't because we had Greenwood so the need for another right sided player wasn't urgent. The Dortmund fans in here gassed us up because they keep harping on that his numbers are greater than any historical Bundesliga player. Its true but doesn't mean as much as they claim
think wingers expected to score more than CM. overall KDB has contributed 200goals in 300 games playing central (not forward) which is insane.

No, it means a lot when it's against good posters ;)
I am proud of your victory

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Bollocks last season was an absolute embarrassment for all of the players, bar Ronaldo and Dave. Hard to criticise players coming into such a mess and Sancho was one of the better players outside of Dave and Ronaldo.

Stacks

Bollocks last season was an absolute embarrassment for all of the players, bar Ronaldo and Dave. Hard to criticise players coming into such a mess and Sancho was one of the better players outside of Dave and Ronaldo.
he wasn't. There were groups of fans exaggerating his "good games" he had a very brief spell. goal contribution 1 every 5 games in all comps
Crossing was poor, passing the ball into the 1st defender,
5 big chances created and 28 crosses in the premier league in 29 games( 1 chance every 6 games and 1 cross per match) expect a lot more tbh
KdB is not CM.
Where does he play?