United team building:Getting Adam Wharton is a must for United & The bonding between him and Mainoo

LuckyScout78

The main relate thread and topic:

Topic :United team building : How Rashford and Garnacho can improve theirs performances and become better players. Post on page 2 | RedCafe.net

United team building : Why getting Adam Wharton from Palace will be one of the key factor to United’s future success. And other transfer targets consideration.

+ 1. Topic. First I will analyze why getting Adam Wharton from Palace will be one of the key factor to United success in the future.

Like most peoples I think. Before he joined Palace back in 01.Feb 2024. He was unknown to me. Not just before Palace were start winning matches in 2024. I start to recognized him.

And so far for me. Adam Wharton a all round cm playmaker. With a really good and precise left foot. The touch and basic skill of the ball is really high too.

Without the ball and the pressing. He is aggressive and does has the tempo in his pressing.

He has everything a cm player shall has. Everything that demand to play for a top and premier league winning team.

And his consistent high level of performances. Are the reason why has got picked by Southgate provisional squad.

Wharton is more all round and better in the defensive than Kobbie Mainoo. And if United get Wharton this summer. United will have a really strong CM partnership for the next decade and more.

Some of the key factors behind Crystal Palace superb form, special at home. Are theirs front 3 with Mateta, Eze and Olise. But watching Palace matches. I recognized most of Palace build up to goals start from Wharton. Many times from Wharton to Olise and Olise to Mateta. That is the kind of cm playmaker United is lacking, on a consistent basis.

Wharton like earlier. I categorize him as all round cm playmaker. With that, he will suit in the deep lying balance cm playmaker. The CDM nr.6 in a 3 men cm midfield. Like this:

Bruno(8) – Wharton (6) – Mainoo (6)

In a 4411 line up :

Wharton(6) – Mainoo (8)

And Wharton is versatile too. I think and believe he can do the job of a left CB in the back line too. In need of course. Because I prefer him as a cm playmaker. Like this:

RB – CB – Wharton – LB + Casemiro – Mainoo. For an example. Wharton is 182 tall. And he has good speed in him. And with his precise left foot and playmaker ability. He can do the Martinez role too. Easily.

Wharton’s market value or how much Palace paid for him? :

Palace paid 18 mill £ for him, which could potentially rise to 22 mill £. And after the consistent run of good and high performances. I think the fair price for Palace and United. Just after a half year. Shall be around 40 -45 mill £. Plus adds ons. Like helping united to achieve CL football or premier league title.

For me. From what I have seen and from what Manchester is needing. I think United and theirs director of football and theirs team. Shall prioritize Adam Wharton this summer. In theirs transfer budget. Getting Wharton this summer is crucial, for United future success. Like the topic title and United team building.

With Wharton United will be able to play 433 proactive football. With Bruno and Mainoo on each of his sides or the CM duo for the next decade : Wharton & Mainoo

+ 2 topic: Now. I will talk about others transfer targets. Others and all options I have been considered. I will call it the considering process. The shortlist of option I did consider in positions United shall strength and get stronger to become a better team and squad.

And the formation I prefer is 433 formation. I think this formation is most compact. Because in the defensive. The 2 wingers will track back and turn it to a 5 men midfield. Harder to break trough compare to only 4 men midfield. Why 433/451 is more compact and easier to break down opponent attacks than 4231/4411.

First consideration :

I will start from the back/defend to attack. I think with uncertain of Martinez and the departed of Varane. United shall get 2 new really good and top CBs.

CB options :

• Edmond Tabsoba. Bayer Leverkusen. Feb 1999. MV = 40 mill euros. Right foot
  • Antonio Silva. Benfica. Oct 2003. MV = 45 mill euros. Right foot
  • Ousmane Diomande. Sporting Lisboa. Dec 2003. MV = 40 mill euros. Right foot
  • Jean Clair Tobdio. Nice. Dec 1999. MV = 35 mill euros. Right foot
  • Leny Yoro. Lille. Nov.2005. MV =40 mill euros. Right foot
  • Federico Gatti. Juventus. June 1998. MV = 18 mill euros. Right foot
  • Noah Markmann. FC Nordsjaelland. Feb 2007. MV = not sure yet. Right foot
  • Jarrad Branthwaite. Everton. June 2002. MV = 30 mill euros. Left foot
  • Otavio. Porto & Brazil. April 2002. MV = 10 mill euros. Left foot
  • Willian Pacho. E.Frankfurt. Oct 2001 = 30 mill euros. Left foot

So to pick 2 CBs from those options. I found it really difficult. Because none of them clearly stand out. There are not big difference when it come to abilities and fighting spirit.

Otavio from Porto is clearly the most aggressive of those. Harder to beat him one on one. Some light skill of Rudiger.

But on the ball. I think Leny Yoro is slightly better than the others. And even he is thinner than others CB. The boy is still really aggressive and good to tackler

Federico Gatti from Juventus has a dominance presence and leader ability. A strong and powerful right foot CB.

For me it is not about right foot or left foot. It’s about the quality and ability of the CB and player. Many treble winning teams in history like United 99 didn’t had a left foot CB. Like many others trebles winning teams too. So for me it is not a must. But more how and who you prefer. If you have a specific style to play.

But if I have to picked right now I would go for Leny Yoro and Gatti from Juventus. I will go for power and skill on the ball + good high speed in Yoro. Gatti is good on the ball. But he is bigger than Yoro. So it good to a CB who is quick in the first meters like Yoro.

Plus I think the upcoming and promising 17 years from Denmark in Noah Markmann. I think and believe United transfer budget afford to buy him too.

CDM/nr.6 options in a 433/451 formation:

Like above and in the first topic. I think and believe United shall get a new top CDM nr.6. A deep lying playmaker. Those are the options I was considering :

• Manuel Locatelli. Juventus. Jan 1998. MV = 33 mill euros. Right foot
  • Joao Neves. Benfica.Sep 2004. MV =45 mill euros. Right foot
  • Alan Varela. Porto. July 2001. MV = 25 mill euros. Right foot
  • Adam Wharton. Crystal Palace. MV = 20 mill euros. Left foot

Those 4 players options are all different. But still they are all best with the ball. Offensive deep lying CDM playmaker. Against most of the team of course.

But since I think and believe Wharton can be a really good back up for Lisandro Martinez. Left foot CB playmaker. And the full packet of a CM and football player. I would go for Adam Wharton. Which in the first topic I recommend shall United first priority in this summer transfer. Getting Wharton is crucial and important towards United future success.

A new nr.8/LCM/RCM options :

• Florian Wirtz. Bayer Leverkusen. May 2003. MV = 110 mill euros. Right foot
  • Dani Olmo. Leipzig. May 1998. MV = 50 mill euros. Right foot
  • Albert Grønbæk. Bodo Glimt. May 2001. 10 mill euros. Right foot
  • Finley McAllister. Manchester United Academy. Right foot

I am not sure if this position is most needed yet. And since United has Mason Mount in the squad. And I think and believe United own from the academy with McAllister. Can do a really good job as a offensive and creative nr.8 or 6 in the future.

Wirtz is way to offensive. Then it will influence others positions too. But clearly, United getting Wirtz is a dream signing in Iniesta/LCM/nr8 role.

So this position so far I think is lowest in my priority, due Mount and McAllister. Who both are nr.8.

RW options :

• Pedro Neto. Wolves. Mars.2000. MV = 55 mill euros. Left foot
  • Dani Olmo. Leipzig. May 1998. MV = 50 mill euros. Right foot
  • Mohammad Kudus. West Ham. Aug.2000. MV = 50 mill euros. Left foot
  • Michael Olise. Crystal Palace. Dec 2001. MV = 50 mill euros. Left foot
  • Shea Lacey. United Academy. April 2007. Left foot
  • Dodi Lukebakio. Sevilla. Sep 1997. 15 mill Euros. Left foot

I think United own Shea Lacey at this moment is not ready to become a regular RW next season for United. And with the performance of Antony. I think and believe United shall get a new top RW. Rumor it is about 60 mill £ for Olise. I think at this moment it is a fair price.

Like you know. With the versatile of Dani Olmo, who his best position is LCM/nr.8 role the Iniesta role or a free CAM/nr.10. He claimed he is a must have. But since later. I think the nr.6 role is more important for United. Adam Wharton nr.6 playmaker role. Who is playing with Olise for Palace. Where they have really good chemistry and connection on the pitch.

After priority to get Adam Wharton. I will prefer to go for his Palace teammates in Olise as new RW too. Not only for that reason. But Olise one on one ability is so high. Olise easily pass and beat players.

So I will come to the end decision that I will go for Michael Olise as new RW

ST/CF options :

• Victor Boniface. Bayer Leverkusen.Dec 2000. MV = 40 mill euros. Right foot
  • Rodrigo Muniz. Fulham. May 2001. MV = 10 mill euros. Right foot
  • Mohammad Kudus. West Ham. Aug 2000. MV = 50 mill euros. Left foot

Personally. I think CF is not United highest priority. Because I think Rashford or if United do get Michael Olise. I think Olise get play upfront as CF too.

CB and CM/nr.6 need more to strength. And higher priority.

So I think I will not give and come with a end decision yet. Which CF options I would go for.

Then we have the left back options :

Not the highest priority position for me. But here are some options I did considered.

• Alex Grimaldo. Bayer Leverkusen. Sept 1995. MV = 45 mill euros. Left foot
  • Milos Kerkez. Bournemouth. Nov 2003. MV = 20 mill euros. Left foot
  • Alfie Doughty. Luton. Dec 1999. MV = 7 mill euros. Left foot
  • Antonee Robinson. Aug 1997. MV = 20 mill euros. Left foot.
  • Harry Amass. Mars 2007. United Academy. Left foot

No end decision here too. But if I have to pick now and I believe Leverkusen and Alonso will not sell Grimaldo. Then the one I think I would go for is Fulham’s Robinson. Robinson stamina is crazy. Plus the reason why I prefer him is it crosser. Of course Doughty has a precise left foot and good crosser. But Robinson defensive ability and stamina is clearly better and higher than Doughty. Then Kerkez is a bulldozer of a left back. A robust and high energetic left back. But the full packet of Robinson. I think I would choose him.

Sum up all the options I picked in all options I mentioned. In priority orders.

1 CDM/nr6 + 2 CB + 1 RW + 1 CF = 5 new players + Noah Markmann, 17 top talent CB = 6 new players

+ CDM/nr.6 playmaker : Adam Wharton = End decision

+ CB : 1. Leny Yoro = end decision. 2. Second CB I need more time before decision. Like watching the more in Euro 2024 + plus 17 Noah Markmann from Denmark ( adding him to United academy)

+ RW : Michael Olise = End decision

+ CF : Still in considering process. No end decision yet.

+ LB : No end decision yet.

So all end decisions in potential transfer price +/- :

+ Adam Wharton = around 40 mill £ Nearly double as much as Palace paid for Blackburn. Fair price for both clubs.

+ Michael Olise = rumor Palace want 60 mill £

+ Leny Yoro = 40 mill £. Because only year left and this year is his only whole season. I do see really high potential. But to be consistent on top level is really difficult.

So for 3 players = 1 CB + 1 CDM + 1 RW = 140 mill £

Not sure how much United have in transfer budget. 200 or 250. Depend on that. Like above.

3 more players to go = 1 CB + CF + Noah Markmann, 17 top talent CB. Maybe between 5-10 for a top talent CB in Europe. I am not sure the price for a top talent CB.

It will be hard to come under 200 mill £ for 5 establish players + 1 top talent.

Now, we come to the “Where to use them”, how to line them up?

First in a 433 formation with “end decision “ options. Just a potential line up:

Bissaka – Yoro – Martinez – Shaw + Olise – Bruno – Wharton – Mainoo – Rashford + Højlund.

A alternative formation. 4231/4411 :

Bissaka – Yoro – Martinez – Shaw + Olise – Wharton – Mainoo – Rashford + Bruno + Højlund

So there you have. I might forget something. But that is all the important things when it come to transfer in. The considering process, compare them, how to use them and come end decision.

And again. Getting Adam Wharton is key. I think United shall try to buy him before the Euro 2024 starting. To avoid competition to get him and rise of the market value and potential transfer price.

I think United with CM duo with Wharton & Mainoo. Will be crucial and 2 really key factors for United success in the future. So if someone reading this and connection to Jason Wilcox or Director of football. Forward this them/theirs teams. If you really care about United

Mark the name : Adam Wharton

He has everything to become a really good cm playmaker in the future. And reasons why I think he is really need in Manchester United.

LuckyScout78

The scout has spoken, go get Wharton.
Just from Sky bet championship with Blackburn in Jan ----> to Euro 2024 in 3-4 months. The boy has something. He is coming. United CM problems will sort out for the next decade = heart of the team and a battle key to win = the battle in the middle of the park. Crucial key signing for United. A job for Jason Wilcox now. The price and competition will just rise from now on.

LuckyScout78

Should this not be in the transfer section?
It is not only about transfer. United playing style and formation too.

Transfer is just a topic and part of the "Manchester United team building ". Which is including D.O.F, scout or whatever. United whole as a club. Transfer is part of it.

LuckyScout78

And you get to be really good. IF. I prefer you over Alan Varela and really high rate playmaker nr.6 here on Redcafe in Joao Neves.

Joao Neves = A high energtic nr.6 playmaker

Alan Varela = more a passer of a nr.6. Really good at few touches football and combination

Adam Wharton = More all round and more a passer. Few touches football. Like Varela keep it simple, but still effective.

I think Wharton and Varela will suit United more. United's current squad. Few touches and keep the speed of the ball and pass up. But in the defensive. Without the ball. I think Wharton has more in his locker. Plus 182 cm suit to partner Mainoo more.

And from what i have seen. Wharton has the skill and ability to back up Martinez in need. Wharton is really precise and good with his left foot. Calm and mature too.

It is the full packet i would go for. But again. Neves and Varela is 2 really good upcoming cm players too. Neves again, is clearly different from Varela and Wharton.

Bigbusdutz

Wharton for 20million? Palace paid 22.5 million in January. Fantasy stuff

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
@LuckyScout78 rides again! :drool:

Some of those market values make my head spin though. Plus, where is Kristoffer Olsson?
Was spot on about soon to be treble invincible winner Patrick Schick. Ball knowledge is 5d chess from the LuckyScout

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Why not recommend him when at Blackburn?

You're as bad as our scouts. Only realise good players once they've already moved to clubs

Reynoldo

I think some of those player values could easily be doubled and one or two possibly tripled, especially if we come calling

Ekeke

Put this football manager fanfic on the football forum as we havent been linked with Wharton and its not about United players

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
He has returned!

I would love for you to try and put the whole body text of the thread in the title one day.

jesperjaap

DOnt like discussing values,but think like the general consensus a lot are a tad fanciful.

Like the list of cb's and cm's on the whole Lets face it,nearly all be very good signings, a myriad of quality young CBs at the moment.

Im intrigued to why you are mentioning Wharton as being able to fill in for Martinez at LCB though as not aware of him playing there? I say that as withus needing so many positions filled Ithink we need a few versatile players, whichis why surprised not to see three players in your lists personally:

Scalvini - Can play CB and DM
Doue - THE mustsign, 18 andpotential to be world class...quickly too and can play either flank, 10, 8 and even 6 as a DLP
Vitor Roque - Rumours of him being sold and at a similar feeto others youhave ,isted, can also play flanks

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Plus I think the upcoming and promising 17 years from Denmark in Noah Markmann. I think and believe United transfer budget afford to buy him too
How have you picked this lad out? He's not even playing for Nordsjælland's first team yet. Decent name for a defender though.

Bwuk

I’m a big fan of Wharton. Palace would rip us off though.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
If this was posted a year ago then it might actually be considered a good shout.

Here’s another hidden gem recommendation - this lad called Foden. At City currently and wants to stay there his entire career but he is a must-buy for sure. City didn’t pay anything for him so he would probably be available on the cheap too.

P.S I drafted Wharton in my fantasy football league a year ago while he was at Blackburn. What do I win?

Bobade

Apparently open to some limited discussion this time? The rules have been relaxed.

city-puma

Never heard him, but the age profile and potential are damn right! If he can contribute directly, sign him up!

ForeverRed1

I will be shocked if we get any player from bayer leverkusen who have just won their first title and have champions league football.

Wharton will cost triple what you said price wise. If he plays at the euros and does well, even more. Palace won’t be selling cheap, especially not to us.

Chipper

Adulterer.
How have you picked this lad out? He's not even playing for Nordsjælland's first team yet. Decent name for a defender though.
Probably the Danish Scout twitter account.