United team building:Getting Adam Wharton is a must for United & The bonding between him and Mainoo

SirBillNic

Supports
Spurs
He’s been really good.
Good thing the OP used that phrase 9 times or I wouldn't have been convinced :D

I read through some of Lucky Scout's previous predictions and his advocacy for certain signings and must say by and large he was pretty spot on. You might even say really good...

Most of his scouted players ended up being important players at big European clubs.

Also a big fan of how he sounds like a rudimentary version of chatgpt.

CallyRed

Next thread:
Let's have a look at Lookman and why getting this hidden gem will be a perfect replacement for Rashford.

Yakuza_devils

Our new football structure should be identifying the up and coming player. Not when they already a known player. Otherwise, we will be back to the square one after spending 400M and we have one of the worst squad

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Good thing the OP used that phrase 9 times or I wouldn't have been convinced :D

I read through some of Lucky Scout's previous predictions and his advocacy for certain signings and must say by and large he was pretty spot on. You might even say really good...

Most of his scouted players ended up being important players at big European clubs.

Also a big fan of how he sounds like a rudimentary version of chatgpt.
He usually only recommends them once everyone knows about them.

LuckyScout78

United team building : Getting Adam Wharton will United play 433 proactive and 4231 on a really high level. And United CM duo or next decade? Mainoo & Wharton?

I will further analyze Adam Wharton. More description on how and why this boy will help United and Ten Hag playing proactive and dominating football. 433 or 4231/4411 formation attacking football.

Adam Wharton's desciptions :

+ Wharton is the mind and brain of Crystal Palace. Moving to United he will be the mind and brain of United attack and build up.
Mind and brain = the creative and build up a team attack.
Yes, The 3 upfront of Crystal Palace might got the most credit for Palace really good performances. But if we look closely and analyze Palace attack. Then we will see most of Palace build up start from Wharton. In football world and words. Wharton doesn't have high assist passes, but he has really high 2/3 assist pass. The pass before the assist pass. Like his pass to Olise and Olise pass it to Marteta or Eze.

+ This point i will not disrespect Mason Mount. If Ten Hag want to play dominating attacking football. Adam Wharton is the cm playmaker he and United shall buy. A much deeper and controlling cm player. In the mould and category of Steven Gerrard or Michael Carrick.
I do see the intention of Ten Hag with Mason Mount. Ten Hag before the season was aiming to become the quickest transition/counter attack team in the world. With that intention and plan. Ten Hag brought Amrabat ( A defensive and ballwinner DM) and Mount's ability with pressing and without the ball skill.
Mount didn't help much this season because of his injury. But Amrabat did help United by winning the FA cup. Amrabat 2 last league matches and against probably world best team in City. Line up with a low, compact and aggressive block. Sitting back and counter against City. That plan work out.
But. Hopefully i will see Ten Hag and United with a more proactive and dominating and attacking minded set up. Adam Wharton is the cm playmaker and ball playing cm United need.

+ Like in the first post. I category Wharton as a allround cm playmaker. He is not high cm goalscorer, neither a defensive cm like Amrabat and Casemiro. But Wharton at the age of 20, cover a lot of area with and without the ball. And his physical and stamina is really high too.
Wharton will do Casemiro & Eriksen job in one. The full packet of Adam Wharton. Reason why Wharton will suit the more hold back and more defensive job in a partnership with Kobbie Mainoo, who will have a more offensive role. Like against City, where Mainoo score the goal. Wharton will control and spread the passes around.

+ His left foot is really good. And with football understanding and vision. The way he scan the pitch and game. Like i said above. 2nd or 3rd assist passes. Is really precise and good. Do we really think most of Palace's attack start from Eze, Olise and Mateta? No, deeper back in the field. Where Palace win the ball and start to counter attack quickly. Wharto is the link between those 3.
That are some of Palace's analyzing. His role at United will be the same and similar.

+ And Wharton as the nr.6 in a 433 proactive will work really well too. Like above. Wharton has all the skill and vision to be the deep lying cm playmaker. Just with a precise left foot.

Bruno (8) - Wharton (6) - Mainoo (8). In this line up. We can see that Bruno and Mainoo will have a more offensive and higher cm roles. Where Wharton will balance and control the midfield more. Bruno and Mainoo will helping adding more goals to the team. Wharton is really disipline and mature for the holding and controlling cm role. It will make the team really balance.

Back up or a more defensive 3 CM trio :

McTom/Finley McAllister (8) - Amrabat/Gore (6) - Mount (8)

So like the thread of this post : Wharton will allow and let United play 433 on a really high and balance 433 proactive football. He has every skill and mentality to suit that role.

+ Adam Wharton has a consistent mood. Wharton is not a "mood " player. Which for some mood player can switch a lot. United and Ten Hag can count on his conistent ability and mentality. He has the mentality and character to play for a top big team like United.
And for that deep lying holding cm playmaker role. You get to be disipline. You can't be all over the place. It will make the team really vulnerable for counter attack. His profile and attributes really suit that role.

+ Now. His market value has rise since i start this thread. Updating on his market value. Due to:

Adam Wharton - Player profile 23/24 | Transfermarkt

His MV has rise to : 30 mill euros.

And Wharton is a upcoming cm player. And we haven't what he can and been able to do on the highest stage of football yet. So the potential that his MV will rise is there. Really high. Special if he got pick to end and last squad to Euro 2024. And doing well for England at euro.
Easily can rise from 30 mill to 50 mill euros.

So like in business and stock world. You shall buy the stock before the rising right? Buy the stocks when it still low. Not wait to it rise to 70 -100 mill euros then buy and hit it.

Like buying Jude Bellingham before he goes to Dortmund.

So with the need of Casemiro and Eriksen replacement. Ten Hag and United want to play more dominating attacking football, unless against City and Arsenal. Plus Wharton MV still is low.
Buying Wharton this summer really make sense.

+ Wharton will not only contribute to United build up of attacks. Which i have describe a lot above. With Wharton. United will rise the "hard to beat" and "hard to run trough ". Harder to create chances against them. Wharton is good without the ball too, with the densive part of the game. He is good to timing when the start the pressing.

Sum up. From CM duo Fred & McTom----------> Casemiro & Eriksen for a season ------->

United CM duo for next decade = Mainoo & Wharton ? Can be England cm duo after Declan Rice too. Rice is 25 and 5 years older than Wharton. After Rice i could see Mainoo & Wharton for England.
I think Mainoo and Wharton play together for England youth team too.

For me. Adam Wharton is a "must " this summer. Really crucial decision and impact.
Getting a upcoming and consistent cm playmaker, both ability and mentality. A cm playmaker of Wharton is really rare. His physical and stamina is really high and consistent too.

So as a United. I will be really happy and satisfy if United buy Wharton this summer. United CM duo will be sort out of the next decade.

No Love

Shouldn’t you have made this thread before he moved to Palace, or did I miss it?

Dannn411

He's the one I'd like from Palace. At any cost. You just know true talent when you see it.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
He's the one I'd like from Palace. At any cost. You just know true talent when you see it.
There’s like 4 players from palace who I’d like and be an upgrade for us. He’s one, olise, Eze and Guehi

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Never seen him play, barely know who he is for that fact. Lets give them £20m and AWB though.

SirBillNic

Supports
Spurs
Transfermarkt "market values" aren't shop window prices. Palace would be daft to sell for 30 million after he's just made the provisional England squad. Even double that would be difficult. Plus not often players move after 6 months.

Ship has sailed here I think.

LuckyScout78

It is really important. Around same age and Mainoo and Wharton did play together for England U21. Both of them up to the Nation team.

The bonding is growing together and tone between them.

So i have a job to Mainoo. Persuade Wharton to join United.

Wharton is clearly better in the defensive than Mainoo, cover more field and ground.

It why Amrabat. A clearly DM player. Suit Mainoo really well.

Wharton playmaker ability higher than Amrabat, still Wharton has a really good ball winning ability and cover big field and ground.

Wharton will compensate Mainoo really well too.

So i upgrade Wharton to a category : Must buy

Casemiro legs and his uncertain + Eriksen same with him.

United and Ten Hag need/must sign a top ball playing cm player to rise the chance to get into top 4 and champion league football next season.

With Adam Wharton as new cm playmaker and dictating cm. United will rise chance a lot. To get top 4 and champion league football.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
It is really important. Around same age and Mainoo and Wharton did play together for England U21. Both of them up to the Nation team.

The bonding is growing together and tone between them.

So i have a job to Mainoo. Persuade Wharton to join United.

Wharton is clearly better in the defensive than Mainoo, cover more field and ground.

It why Amrabat. A clearly DM player. Suit Mainoo really well.

Wharton playmaker ability higher than Amrabat, still Wharton has a really good ball winning ability and cover big field and ground.

Wharton will compensate Mainoo really well too.

So i upgrade Wharton to a category : Must buy

Casemiro legs and his uncertain + Eriksen same with him.

United and Ten Hag need/must sign a top ball playing cm player to rise the chance to get into top 4 and champion league football next season.

With Adam Wharton as new cm playmaker and dictating cm. United will rise chance a lot. To get top 4 and champion league football.
No they didn’t. Kobbie has never played for England U21s. Wharton’s only match for them was in March when Kobbie was with the senior squad.

Kirk lazarus

I really like Wharton , that said , with all the trouble we are having getting dan ashworth on board , maybe the smart thing would have been to go for Dougie Freedman.

Isn't he the guy who is in charge of signing the Wharton , Olise , eze , Anderson , guehi types ?

GledTheRed

I really like Wharton , that said , with all the trouble we are having getting dan ashworth on board , maybe the smart thing would have been to go for Dougie Freedman.

Isn't he the guy who is in charge of signing the Wharton , Olise , eze , Anderson , guehi types ?
He is indeed.

Redstain

Unsure of Wharton's technical level, I think it makes sense from playing three in the midfield with defensive cover behind to screen the back four.

One area I completely agree on is the need to move for these players ahead of the curb.

Next season coming off a potentially good few months this is a different outlook, with potentially more clubs (City / Arsenal) showing interest, whereas if you go for him now a premium still needs to be paid but there's less need for a saga and he's obtainable with more reasonable wages compared to the Olise situation where now clubs will have to offer more financial incentives to leverage the advantage over other suitors.