United to face FC Midtjylland in Europa League

siw2007

Not sure whether to get tickets to this or not. Nonetheless, it's a good draw for us and though there are no easy teams in Europe for us, this team are the minnows and this is our best chance to advance to the quarter finals of the competition.

Shouldn't be underestimated though. I doubt they will be playing with any fear come February and if we don't improve then they could send us packing.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
FFS, I would have thought at least you would appreciate the Star Wars pun I made, as shit as it was, but still. :lol:
I'm sorry mate, but Midtjylland and Midichlorians is too much of a fetch, even for me :lol: A for effort though! Not to mention the fact that midichlorians remind me of the atrocity that is episode I :(

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
So Midtjylland is apparently on a terrible run of 1 win in their last 11.
1-4 loss v Napoli
2-1 loss v Brondby
3-2 loss v Fc Roskilde
2-4 loss v Viborg
5-0 loss v Napoli
5-1 WIN v Esbjerg fB
1-1 draw v Odense
1-0 loss v Legia Warszawa
0-0 draw v Kobenhavn
2-1 loss vs Aarhus
1-1 draw vs Brugge

So they're a bit shite then. How did they get out of their group after getting hammered twice by napoli, drawing with Brugge and losing to Legia? Quite lucky that.

Or Liverpool or Spurs or Napoli or Lazio or Schalke or Leverkusen.
Good thing we beat 2 of those this season, 2 of those are huge bottlers always, and 1 just isn't very good. Napoli is pretty good but we're better then them. We're just having a ton of injuries right now and going through a rough patch but that will end. We're not a bad team though. Just a boring one. Dortmund is the only team I wouldn't expect us to beat in the europa league over 2 legs, fully fit.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
I'm sorry mate, but Midtjylland and Midichlorians is too much of a fetch, even for me :lol: A for effort though! Not to mention the fact that midichlorians remind me of the atrocity that is episode I :(
Hey, barring Jar Jar, it wasn't that bad. I don't know why people say that so often. It had Liam Neeson and Natalie Portman!
Also, nice tagline. ;)

Kaos

1-4 loss v Napoli
2-1 loss v Brondby
3-2 loss v Fc Roskilde
2-4 loss v Viborg
5-0 loss v Napoli
5-1 WIN v Esbjerg fB
1-1 draw v Odense
0-0 draw v Kobenhavn
2-1 loss vs Aarhus
1-1 draw vs Brugge

So they're a bit shite then. How did they get out of their group after getting hammered twice by napoli, drawing with Brugge and losing to Legia? Quite lucky that.

Good thing we beat 2 of those this season, 2 of those are huge bottlers always, and 1 just isn't very good. Napoli is pretty good but we're better then them. We're just having a ton of injuries right now and going through a rough patch but that will end. We're not a bad team though. Just a boring one. Dortmund is the only team I wouldn't expect us to beat in the europa league over 2 legs, fully fit.
Yeah but what have their possession stats been like for the last 11 games?

GloryHunter07

No reason why we shouldn't win this with a rotated squad. Should be good experience for some youngsters provided they aren't permanently scarred by having to play for the injury ravaged first team over Christmas.

Laphroaig

Is it completely impossible for random Norwegians to get a ticket for the away game?

Last edited:

dasty

Midtjylland 52 - 48 Legia
Club Brugge 51 - 49 Midtjylland
Midtjylland 37 - 63 Napoli
Napoli 65 - 35 Midtjylland
Legia 56 - 44 Midtjylland
Midtjylland 48 - 52 Club Brugge

Looking at the numbers I am sure we will batter them.

Kaos

Midtjylland 52 - 48 Legia
Club Brugge 51 - 49 Midtjylland
Midtjylland 37 - 63 Napoli
Napoli 65 - 35 Midtjylland
Legia 56 - 44 Midtjylland
Midtjylland 48 - 52 Club Brugge

Looking at the numbers I am sure we will batter them.
I wasn't expecting someone to answer that, but kudos :lol:

Fully Fledged

1-4 loss v Napoli
2-1 loss v Brondby
3-2 loss v Fc Roskilde
2-4 loss v Viborg
5-0 loss v Napoli
5-1 WIN v Esbjerg fB
1-1 draw v Odense
0-0 draw v Kobenhavn
2-1 loss vs Aarhus
1-1 draw vs Brugge

We are so out.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
I was kidding. I know we aren't living up to our reputation on the pitch right now, but after a January window, I still expect us to win over two legs against any of those teams (barring Dortmund) 4 times out of 5. It won't be pretty under LVG, but if we have a fit XI, we will do it.

Asking the right questions, you are. :P

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
1-4 loss v Napoli
2-1 loss v Brondby
3-2 loss v Fc Roskilde
2-4 loss v Viborg
5-0 loss v Napoli
5-1 WIN v Esbjerg fB
1-1 draw v Odense
0-0 draw v Kobenhavn
2-1 loss vs Aarhus
1-1 draw vs Brugge

We aren't better than Napoli.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
We aren't better than Napoli.
I'd definitely fancy us to beat them over 2 legs, we just need our injured players back. We're better then Wolfsburg and over the 2 legs did do better then them (despite the feck ton of injuries in the second game). It's over a full season where we struggle due to the draws, but in a cup format I think we'll do well.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
They scored more set-piece goals than any other European league team last season. Kristian Bak Nielsen, their captain IIRC, said in an interview that for Midtjylland, every single set piece is a matter of life and death. :D
He actually changed his name (when he got married I guess) to Kristian Bach Bak (both of them pronounced exactly the same in Danish) and he mostly plays right back these days, which is often just referred to as 'back' in Danish coincidentally also pronounced as his middle and last name. The more you know.
Is it completely impossible for random Norwegians to get a ticket for the away game?
Your best bet would be sitting amongst the Midtjylland supporters I reckon. Back when FC Nordsjælland (10 internet points to whoever guesses what that translates to) played in the CL loads of people had tickets just because they wanted to watch a Juve (and whoever else they played that season) game.

Crossie

Supports
vibrant attacking football
He actually changed his name (when he got married I guess) to Kristian Bach Bak (both of them pronounced exactly the same in Danish) and he mostly plays right back these days, which is often just referred to as 'back' in Danish coincidentally also pronounced as his middle and last name. The more you know.
:D I don't know him but sounds like quite a character. I recalled the "set pieces are a matter of life and death" quote from an in-depth article about Midtjylland by German football culture magazine "11 Freunde" but had forgotten who had said so and needed to look his name up.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I'd definitely fancy us to beat them over 2 legs, we just need our injured players back. We're better then Wolfsburg and over the 2 legs did do better then them (despite the feck ton of injuries in the second game). It's over a full season where we struggle due to the draws, but in a cup format I think we'll do well.
I'm not confident about us beating anyone right now. I actually think Mitjylland will beat us at home and could easily get a draw at OT and they're awful.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Some good FM player called Pione Sisto plays for them apparently. I fully expect the guy to turn into Maradona over 2 legs and earn a transfer to Liverpool or something.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
LVG will make them look like Barca.

My bet is we'll go through on pens.

Tyrion

I don't really care if we win tbh. I almost feel like it's a preseason game.