United v Galatasaray, Sweden at Saturday, 7:30 PM local (6:30 BT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
De Gea
Darmian Bailly Blind Shaw
Schneiderlin-Herrera
Mkhitaryan Rooney Martial
Ibra

Guessing that will be the starting team.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
No Pereira? Feel for the lad, that's his United Career finish than!
Look at Pogba, go somewhere else, then we will come back and spend a fortune to get you. back. Hopefully it will just be a loan, but we are more careful where our kids go and actually bother to find out how they are doing.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
What the feck has happened to Smalling though?

Atleast our front 4 is fit and can play. Need them to get connected before the season starts.

There's 9 starters in the squad - De Gea, Shaw, Bailly, Schneiderlin (assuming), Rooney, Ibra, Mkhi, Martial, Darmian.

The two left is Smalling and Pogba.

So we should atleast beat them. If not I will be a little concerned since we're so close to the start of the season but ah well.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
No, please, over react more.
I think he's going to go out on loan personally but that other guy isn't far off. He either impresses on loan or he is actually for sale. Important season for him either way.

Raw

Pereira should go on loan anyway, no way in hell he's getting regular playing time this season. In fact he should have gone last season too.

MartialsBeard

I will be at a pesky wedding when this is on but I would like to see some of the boys back from holiday get a run out.

De Gea
Darmian-Bailly-Jones-Shaw
Schniederlin
Herrera-Rooney
Mhikitaryan-Ibrahimovic-Martial

We do not have that many games to prepare so I would like to see this lot given a go and isn't too far off what we could expect from the line up vs Bournemouth we need to start building chemistry for this team especially that front three. At some point in the game Id expect the change up but at some point I d like to see that team on the pitch but I would also be interested in seeing:

Johnstone
Valencia-Bailly-Blind-Shaw
Carrick
Mhikitaryan-Mata
Rashford-Ibrahimovic-Memphis

Alot of those players will be battling for first team options and if Rashford is to play a lot this season I think he will have to accept a wider role. I really like the look of Mhiki in a playmaker position and him and Mata could weave some beautiful bits of play together dinking in balls to Ibra and Rashford. Blind is so intelligent at the back that I like seeing him there and when he moves into the middle plays some fantastic forward passes. I like Memphis and I want to see what he can do with those technical players on the pitch. Carrick also needs to be bedded in the team as an out-and-out anchor man.

Some hybrid of the two teams would be brilliant but the first team is undeniably our strongest, if and when Pogba signs Rooney to switch positions to the Right and Pogba on the left as an attacking Midfielder:

DDG
Darmian-Bailly-Smalling-Shaw
Schniederlin

Carrick
Rooney-Pogba
Mikhitaryan-Ibrahimovic-Martial
However, I think we will lose this game but it will be worth the fitness, the integration and trip for the team to bond and get to know each others game. Shame Im missing it but I would put us down for a 2-0 loss.

DomesticTadpole

Probable outs at United

Schweinsteiger

McNair

Januzaj

Keane

Wilson

Smalling won’t be going. Borthwick-Jackson might be on loan. Fosu-Mensah remains a mystery.

Absolutely no reason give as to why Smalling won't be going.

Ole90+3

It's a 23 man squad. Who would you purpose Mourinho drops from that squad?

How many games last season did Pereria, Adnan or TFM get into the match day squad?

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
No Smalling?

Would've liked Pereira to have been given another game. Hopefully he and TFM get a PL loan.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
We have too many average senior squad players.... add on pogba, schweiny, smalling, then tfm, pereira and januzaj who can be squad players, and thats what, 27 or 28 players who are part of the senior squad? We need to get rid of like 4 of those average older players like schweiny, fellaini, rojo and probably one more to make space for the younger guys.

Shimo

Can't seem to find any info if the game will be televised in the US - anyone have better luck?

settembrini

We have too many average senior squad players.... add on pogba, schweiny, smalling, then tfm, pereira and januzaj who can be squad players, and thats what, 27 or 28 players who are part of the senior squad? We need to get rid of like 4 of those average older players like schweiny, fellaini, rojo and probably one more to make space for the younger guys.
Yep. That squad is pretty depressing from the youth development perspective.

The young players were some of the few bright spots we had last season. Being in the Europa league gives us a good opportunity to develop them further, playing them in all those thursday night games while more important players are rested for the league campaign. It would be a mistake to waste this chance and just give a lot of mediocre senior players another season they don't deserve.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Yep. That squad is pretty depressing from the youth development perspective.

The young players were some of the few bright spots we had last season. Being in the Europa league gives us a good opportunity to develop them further, playing them in all those thursday night games while more important players are rested for the league campaign. It would be a mistake to waste this chance and just give a lot of mediocre senior players another season they don't deserve.
Wouldnt have a problem at all with getting rid of schweiny, fellaini, rojo and including pogba, pereira and fosu mensah. Then Januzaj in for Memphis... would give it more balance age wise Imo.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It has been confirmed that TFM is injured and that was why he wasn't training.
He tweeted that he was recovering.

As for the squad, the first team players need playing time so it's no surprise there's a lack of younger players

Gerald G

Fosu-Mensah and CBJ are recovering from injuries but I doubt CBJ would have went anyway. Smalling is also injured.

I've heard McNair and Blackett have been allowed to leave on a permanent deal, which is exactly what I want as I don't think they're good enough or ever will be.

Pereira according to reports is leaving on loan which is what he needs - regular game time. Not sure about Januzaj but then he might be going too. He's regressed but I still have a little hope in him and Memphis has been under-performing for a while, so just because of that, I'd rather keep Januzaj for now.

Schweinsteiger looks like he is a goner.

DomesticTadpole

He tweeted that he was recovering.

As for the squad, the first team players need playing time so it's no surprise there's a lack of younger players
I think there will be some of those named going, but I doubt it will be this lad. As you say the senior players need minutes and soon. I tournaments years.

DomesticTadpole

Fosu-Mensah and CBJ are recovering from injuries but I doubt CBJ would have went anyway. Smalling is also injured.

I've heard McNair and Blackett have been allowed to leave on a permanent deal, which is exactly what I want as I don't think they're good enough or ever will be.

Pereira according to reports is leaving on loan which is what he needs - regular game time. Not sure about Januzaj but then he might be going too. He's regressed but I still have a little hope in him and Memphis has been under-performing for a while, so just because of that, I'd rather keep Januzaj for now.

Schweinsteiger looks like he is a goner.
That sounds like a remarkably sensible conclusion. Pity you're not a journalist.

Gerald G

That sounds like a remarkably sensible conclusion. Pity you're not a journalist.
Ha, cheers. Some journalists are an absolute joke. The same journalist that said TFM isn't in Jose's plans yesterday, wrote another article today stating that Jose assured him he IS still in his plans - you couldn't make it up.

Gerald G

My predicted XI vs Gala:

De Gea
Valencia--Bailly--Blind--Shaw
Carrick--Herrera
Mkhitaryan--Rooney--Memphis
Rashford

I don't think the players that just returned from holiday will play much, but we'll see.​

parisite

My predicted XI vs Gala:

De Gea
Valencia--Bailly--Blind--Shaw
Carrick--Herrera
Mkhitaryan--Rooney--Memphis
Rashford

I don't think the players that just returned from holiday will play much, but we'll see.​
Probably 2 separate teams or near enough anyway. Those who've only just returned were fit to play in
internationals a couple of weeks backs so I doubt that they're unfit for 45 minutes or so tomorrow.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
With our fixtures looking a bit bleak I can see Mourinho giving everyone some minutes.

We only have the Everton game after this if I'm not mistaken (and the Charity Shield, which probably also counts as a little warm up).

Dazzmondo

Predicted Team:
______________________________________________________________________________________

1. de Gea

25. Valencia 3. Bailly 4. Jones 23. Shaw

21. Herrera 16. Carrick

22. Mkhitaryan 10. Rooney 11. Martial

9. Ibrahimovic
_______________________________________________________________________________________
45 mins:
_______________________________________________________________________________________

20. Romero

36. Darmian 3. Bailly 4. Jones 23. Shaw

21. Herrera 28. Schneiderlin

22. Mkhitaryan 8. Mata 11. Martial

19. Rashford
_____________________________________________________________________________________
60 mins:
_____________________________________________________________________________________

20. Romero

36. Darmian 4. Jones 17. Blind 23. Shaw

27. Fellaini 28. Schneiderlin

14. Lingard 8. Mata 7. Memphis

19. Rashford

Man Utd 3
-0 Galatasaray (Ibrahimovic, Martial, Rashford)​

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
MOURINHO PREVIEWS UNITED'S TRIP TO SWEDEN

Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho is pleased with his squad's output this week as he prepares for Saturday's final game of Tour 2016, presented by Aon, against Galatasaray in Gothenburg.

"The players have been fantastic in their attitude," he told MUTV. "We have done a number of double training sessions, but I am not worried about them being tired on Saturday as the reality is we have to work and are looking at the game tomorrow as one more training session because the players need minutes - we will need to recover from that too."

The boss has revealed Chris Smalling and Tim Fosu-Mensah have been left out of the squad due to minor injury concerns.

Smalling is still suffering from a problem that affected him last season while Fosu-Mensah is being monitored carefully as he hopes to continue his progress in the wake of his breakthrough campaign.

The boss also confirmed Smalling will miss the Premier League opener at Bournemouth rather than the Community Shield against Leicester City, contrary to earlier reports. The defender is suspended after picking up a red card in the FA Cup final triumph over Crystal Palace in May.

"Fosu-Mensah is not so much injured," Mourinho told MUTV. "But he has this little thing that we want to be careful with given that he is young. He is separate from the group until he is 100 per cent back.

"Chris Smalling has had a recurrence of an old injury from the previous season. We shall see what happens, but already he is suspended for the first game against Bournemouth."

Status
Not open for further replies.