United's most exciting signing?

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
In recent times, van Persie for sure. Di Maria and Falcao to a similar extent.

Ronaldo excited myself and my cousin. We watched the friendly against Sporting on Eurosport, and he just looked the bees knees. Only a day later we saw the deal was confirmed on teletext!

Rio for sure. "Did he get on the plane for Leeds pre season tour?????", sky had me seeing myself with exciting

Getting Henrik Larsson for a few games was sweet too

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
Rooney by a distance. It looked like we'd signed someone destined to be an all time great at 18 years of age. And then that debut...

mubarak

Lennie Godber
Is there anything more exciting for a fan than waking up and a new signing has been announced officially while you slept - a World Cup finalist!
Yeah, waking up and a world cup finalist has been announced officially who's name is Lionel Messi, not Sergio Romero

ricky-romeo

van nistelrooy (2001) - europe's most exciting young striker at that time
rio (2002) - starred at the world cup and we need a CB
ronaldo (2003) - terrorized o'shea and i said to my mate fergei should signed him, and 2 days later we did.
rooney (2004) - white pele.
berbatov(2008) - i thought he was going to be our new cantona
RVP (2012) - arsenal captain and the signing we need to get our trophy back

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Tevez - was always a huge fan so this was great
RVP - World class striker
Anderson/Nani - mainly as a month prior in college we were watching youtube videos of them and saying they'll be future stars.

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
van Persie. A world class player who had been at the top of his game for near two seasons (injury permitting) and had all the qualities of an all time great. It'd be a struggle to see if he could keep fit for his time with us, but I no doubt expected great things from him- especially with the rumours that he turned down City for us.

Aguero - van Persie could have been pretty nice to watch though.

Van Persie.

I think we just all knew that season would end well. Fergie still outraged at City winning it the season before, and RvP, in the form of his life, desperately hungry to win the title.

Those two were just made for each other. At the presentation, their overly satisfactory grins just made me fell like "Yep, this is it".

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I have to say, one that got me particularly excited was Kagawa. I thought he'd turn out to be really important to us and after a few seasons of pretty boring football, I thought he'd transfigure us.

The most 'wtf' one was RvP, mental that we managed to get him (and probably one of the reasons why Kagawa didn't work out so well, though it might not have changed anything).

The most exciting one for me personally though was Rooney, he was already my favourite player by then and I was delighted we got him.

buckooo1978

Veron and Rooney stand out

have to say I was delighted being on holiday getting a wifi hotspot and reading we'd signed Sweinsteiger and Schneiderlein was a great surprise

Andy_Cole

RVP. I even made my Facebook cover photo a picture of RVP in an Arsenal shirt. Was buzzing.

Falcao comes close, stayed up all night to see him revealed in a United shirt.

Jammydodger7

RVP, I was away on holidays at the time so wasnt keeping up with all the transfer news so it just came out of the blue, then after that probably falcao and Rooney

CircusMonkey

Cole, and what a signing he was.
Loved Sheringham too, knew he would be class.
Going back to early childhood, I remember Davenport, and being really excited, although he flopped.

Still sad that we didn't get Shearer when we were after him, for me that would have been the greatest signing.

Moby

Dick
Veron and Berbatov. Veron edges it though, I was in disbelief at what had just happened. What a shame the way it turned out. :(

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
1) Falcao - formerly the best striker in the world, Ronaldo and Messi rival and a John Terry destroyer.

2) Di Maria - a superstar midfielder at his peak in football game form.

3) RVP - formerly the best striker in the league from a long-time rival.

4) Rooney - English wonderkid. So much potential and hope.

5) Ronaldo - continental wonderkid. That game. It had to happen.

Funny how their success and individual bests worked in reverse order.

Honourable mentions - Cole, Rio, Evra, Barthez (fail), De Gea.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Bryan Robson, Roy Keane, Eric Cantona and RVN rank with the best of them.

Kaos

RVP.

I joked with an Arsenal supporting mate of mine about how great a fit he'd be in our side. We obviously both laughed it off since at the time it would have been unthinkable.

A few seasons later, I check my phone on the train after work and we had somehow agreed to sign him.

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
Van Persie for me, only signing that I can remember that made me 100% sure we'd win the league. I got really excited about Anderson also actually :nervous:

Crustanoid

Tevez in recent times. Anderson and Nani too, because I'm an FM nerd

Rooney was amazing. Made so much sense.

Going back I was particuarly excitied about Roy Keane when he signed. He was one of the best young players of his time when he was at Forest

Sylar

Veron - for me he was the first "superstar" we bought. I was shocked in a way that we bought Andy Cole, Cantona, Tevez, even Falcao and di Maria, but Veron being announced whilst we had that midfield four, I was thinking, it would help us push even further in Europe.

Glanville95

Despite his persona, van Persie was one of my favourite PL players prior to his arrival at United, as he was such a classy and elegant player. You can imagine how excited I was when a deal between United and Arsenal was announced.