Uno Draft: Round 1 - Edgar Allan Pillow vs Skizzo

Who will win the match based on all the players at their peaks?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Out of interest what sort of CF partner would you ideally pair with Socrates?
For me the most important two attributes to pair would be first touch and certain attacking mentality. Because of how Socrates' didn't mesh well in Fiorentina and with the traditional Italian mindset so for mentality I tend to lean away from Serie A type strikers. The playstyle and natural tendencies are just different. That's the biggest difference between John Charles and someone like Casagrande - first touch and play style/mentality. He loved the Italians off the pitch (at least once he clipped their expensive ties) but he really didn't adapt to the whole Italian style of training, tactics, playstyle. I just don't see them on the same wavelength psychologically. I think someone paired him with Riva before and I didn't like that either for similar reasons.

Beyond that I think he complements a lot of different types as long as they have first touch and right mindset. For GOATS I think he works great with either a dynamic pacy striker like R9 or a more box fox positional striker with great first touch and intelligence like Van Basten. For non-goats I love combos like Socrates with David Villa or Careca. One lower level striker I think is an upgraded Casagrande would be Patrick Kluivert. I also think he works great with total football false 9s like Cruyff himself.

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!
For me the most important two attributes to pair would be first touch and certain attacking mentality. Because of how Socrates' didn't mesh well in Fiorentina and with the traditional Italian tactical style so for mentality I tend to lean away from Serie A type strikers. The playstyle and natural tendencies are just different. That's the biggest difference between John Charles and someone like Casagrande - first touch and play style/mentality. I just don't see them on the same wavelength psychologically. I think someone paired him with Riva as well and I didn't like either for similar reasons.

Beyond that I think he complements a lot of different types as long as they have first touch and right mindset. For GOATS I think he works great with either a dynamic pacy striker like R9 or a more box fox positional striker with great first touch and intelligence like Van Basten. For non-goats I love combos like Socrates with David Villa or Careca. One lower level striker I think is an upgraded Casagrande would be Patrick Kluivert. I also think he works great with total football false 9s like Cruyff himself.
Good post. I agree I was wrong when you put it that way.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Didn't vote, but I really liked @Edgar Allan Pillow's team. Bergkamp, Eto'o and Nedved are three of my favourite players, and I reckon they would have been great in their respective roles here. I also like the narrow 4-4-2 with two AM/winger hybrids, although I agree that a different player than Iniesta might have been a tad better for the LAM role. (But it's still Iniesta, so no big deal.)

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Would be tighter game if Edgar could get even one equal quality FB to Skizzo's.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
I’m disappointed in your input here :p
Surprised by the outcome.

I don't know why I didn't vote, maybe just delayed, ah I found the choice hard.

I think I would have gone for Bergkamp/Etoo despite the fact you have better full backs.

Never mind, congrats!