Fairly mainstream opinion : Onana isn’t Fabrice Ondoa, or very good

The Bloody-Nine

What are you talking about, he was never making that ball before the striker, you realise it was a deflection that completely benefitted the striker?
Yes, I know exactly what I saw. As do all of the other people who quoted you. Go and look in the matchday thread, also. It was horrendous goalkeeping.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He's an absolutely awful keeper, just need to admit it in summer and sign someone else, we can't have this guy in net again next season.

Danny

Could've at least made a better challenge for it, it was a rebound but it was high and slow he could have reacted way faster
He should have just stayed on his line. What would Morris have done then, was never going to generate any power once he got his head to it. Massive misjudgement from Onana. Garbage.

evil_geko

What are you talking about, he was never making that ball before the striker, you realise it was a deflection that completely benefitted the striker?
Stop using common sense, that doesn't work against people who already decided in advance that every goal we concede is Onana's fault.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
He was going to transform our attacks because of his amazing ability on the ball and his brilliant passes out from the back. This was apparently the key to solving our inability to score goals. Oh look there we are 10th on the table with goals scored. So he is a shite keeper and his distribution really isnt that amazing. This guy makes Taibi look world class

Litch

Not sure he should have come for it but on reflection, would have been critcised if he stayed on his line....

RedRocket9908

Could've at least made a better challenge for it, it was a rebound but it was high and slow he could have reacted way faster
Luke Shaw was in the way, if he had have tried to catch it or punch it he'd have collided with Shaw and lost it anyway.

What he should have done was stayed on or close to his line instead of coming for it.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Stop using common sense, that doesn't work against people who already decided in advance that every goal we concede is Onana's fault.
According to you we're the best team in Europe with the best players in every position with none of them capable of making a single mistake. I'd love to live in whatever fantasy land you've pitched up in.

El Zoido

People in the match day thread are even complaining about his saving technique on shots against him that went wide and that he had covered. You can look at any goal in history and find fault in the goalkeeper if you’re so inclined to.

evil_geko

Not sure he should have come for it but on reflection, would have been critcised if he stayed on his line....
Exactly, he would be blamed no matter what he did in that situation, he can't win for some people. That is why I want him gone, he deserves better.

Litch

He should have just stayed on his line. What would Morris have done then, was never going to generate any power once he got his head to it. Massive misjudgement from Onana. Garbage.
Not sure its massive and there was an element of luck given the deflection

RedRocket9908

People in the match day thread are even complaining about his saving technique on shots against him that went wide and that he had covered. You can look at any goal in history and find fault in the goalkeeper if you’re so inclined to.
It ridiculous, this forum seems to be full of De Gea fans who will blame Onana for every goal because they cant move on from him and accept that he has gone and Onana is now our first choice keeper.

Conor

Yes, I know exactly what I saw. As do all of the other people who quoted you. Go and look in the matchday thread, also. It was horrendous goalkeeping.
There are a million gobshites on this forum, I couldn't give a feck who quoted me. There is no way he could catch that ball.

Litch

Exactly, he would be blamed no matter what he did in that situation, he can't win for some people. That is why I want him gone, he deserves better.
I think hes gonna get blamed for every goal as long as hes here.....are people watching other keepers in the league?

Robbie Boy

We got hammered by Onana cheering team that Onana was going to transform how we play with his amazing passing from the back. What we actually got was a clown show.
Just because Onana is shite, doesn't mean we shouldn't have transitioned to a modern ball playing keeper.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
It ridiculous, this forum seems to be full of De Gea fans who will blame Onana for every goal because they cant move on from him and accept that he has gone and Onana is now our first choice keeper.
Nope. DDG needed replacing but this clown isnt good enough.

Dominos

It was 6 yards out, he'd have scored either way. He'd have been slaughtered if he stayed on his line.

Danny

It was 6 yards out, he'd have scored either way. He'd have been slaughtered if he stayed on his line.
Just feel he'd have had more chance to react to a slower paced header. His decision made Morris' mind up for him.

Robbie Boy

Pretty much this. It's not Onana vs De Gea for me, neither were / are good enough.
Exactly.

Fans were right to want to move to a modern, progressive ball playing keeper. Onana being a-bit pants doesn't mean we shouldn't have moved on from DDG.

mintyred

I feel like when Onana faces close-range shots he completely guesses and doesn't actually attempt to see where the ball is going. He spreads himself randomly and hopes it hits him and either closes his eyes or looks away out of fear of getting hit in the face.

Captmfla

How is that goal his fault?
Great goalkeeper would have anticipated the direction and maybe caught it or palmed it out although they might also suffer an injury due to a collision.

Onana did the safe option since united is already leading by 2 nil so he did a starfish save to prolong his career.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Statistically the 5th best goal stopper in the league as of today

Gaidal

Think it was the right call to come for the ball, he just should have come harder and bulldozed everything. If he hadn't come for it the Luton player would just have used his foot instead of his head.

I blame Shaw more for that goal, he lost his man way to easy.

Marcelinho87

Great goalkeeper would have anticipated the direction and maybe caught it or palmed it out although they might also suffer an injury due to a collision.

Onana did the safe option since united is already leading by 2 nil so he did a starfish save to prolong his career.
Peter Schmeichel used to do the starfish quite a lot, it’s a 50/50 chance as it makes you bigger against the attempt.

was he not a great goalkeeper?

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I wouldn't bother about the goal and if he should come for the ball or not, micro analysing those situations make little sense if a keeper/defense is facing 50 crosses a game.