"Up to 11 players now want to leave United after becoming disillusioned with life at the club."

RUCK4444

Brilliant. Would love to see that.

The lack of sense of gratitude for the money they are earning is just amazing. Lingard could retire right now and not have to work for the rest of his life.

Either get out of the club or start fecking playing.

I hope the fans in the stadium next match get fully behind rangnick.
I honestly think it would hit home with some of them, that the fans are looking squarely at them this time. We've had big name managers, we've had club legends, you name it, player power is out of control.

What is clear in the last 5 games is that they don't want to run for the shirt, personally I don't care whether they like the current manager or whatever other nonsense reasoning they might have for that. When you put that shirt on you run your guts out and give absolutely everything for the fans as a minimum.

I wouldn't miss a single one of them with the exception of De Gea.

MUFC OK

its 17 now. :lol:
Not denying the legitimacy but this Wheeler bloke is a city fan and is stirring this up. Please let’s not see posts speculating who the 17 are now after we struggled to name 11, that part is bs surely.

MUFC OK

Should have been sold long ago. I dont mind the players earning millions. But at least show some fecking effort. I back Rangnick all the way. Like you say they have already thrown two managers under the bus.
He’s toxic.

Btw does anyone remember our former manager having to apologise to Rashford publicly in a press conference?

The United

Not denying the legitimacy but this Wheeler bloke is a city fan and is stirring this up. Please let’s not see posts speculating who the 17 are now after we struggled to name 11, that part is bs surely.
Yeah, I think the fans are just very unhappy and chasing down any shadows around to vent their anger at. And players should be not happy with the shit we are in. I would want them to be unhappy than be ok with it.

The question is if they are unhappy because of RR is hard to answer right now. If RR and his coaches are actually incompetent, they should have a right to be unhappy. We really don't know much at this moment.

acnumber9

In no way have I said the progress is good, but for some reason you don’t seem to understand the manager has had barely any time to work with the players in any actual way. Just give it some time rather than setting yourself in stone that it’s looking like the future is dogshit.
And for some reason you don’t seem to understand that with that time you expect progress even if it’s small. Instead of slowly getting better we’re quickly getting worse.

I’m not setting myself in stone. I’m calling it as I see it right now. We didn’t bring in Rangnick with this being the expectation. He couldn’t have had an easier start and he’s making a pigs ear of it.

CloneMC16

its 17 now. :lol:
Getting silly now. There will be a bunch of unhappy players, but 17 is taking the piss. I don't believe that for a minute.

Whichever player(s) is leaking this stuff, they have to be aware that the fans won't take their side any more. They have gotten too many managers sacked. They've played like shite for too long for the fans to continue to back them.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Never a truer word spoken, someone like this needs to be given access to the locker room ti tell these twats exactly what's what.
:lol: I can't imagine Howson would say anything like that to a players' face, let alone addressing the whole team.

I would like to see Keane brought into the coaching staff though. Instead I'm reading reports of Phelan acting as peacemaker...

The players have had a free ride for long enough.

SER19

Jurgen Klopp was a title winning manager. Rangnick isn’t. When you have pedigree you get more leeway. We also have a much better squad than Klopp inherited.
Klopp got rid of 13 players in his first two summer windows and brought in guys still central to his team today. Salah, Mane, Robertson, (Wijnaldum who was key to his success. I remember him signing him and saying that he won't sign the most expensive players, he'll sign the best players for his team.) Rangnick or any other united manager doesnt deserve this chance? You can call it a better squad and it probably is but its going on 5 years without winning a thing. Nothing. Not a league cup or europa league they thought they were too good for.

The double standard for our managers versus others is absolutely mind boggling.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I honestly think it would hit home with some of them, that the fans are looking squarely at them this time. We've had big name managers, we've had club legends, you name it, player power is out of control.

What is clear in the last 5 games is that they don't want to run for the shirt, personally I don't care whether they like the current manager or whatever other nonsense reasoning they might have for that. When you put that shirt on you run your guts out and give absolutely everything for the fans as a minimum.

I wouldn't miss a single one of them with the exception of De Gea.
When you think of how much average people are forking out between season tickets and sky sports and travelling up and down the country to matches. Fed up with these prima donnas. Like i say the lack of gratitude for what they have.

VivaRonaldo85

We’ll never know if any of this is true but if you’ve got a bunch of stroppy egos in a dressing room, the last thing they need is uncertainty with leadership and management. Right now, on our third manager this season and the current having interim before his title means we are all over the place. These ‘type’ of players need a strong single powered leader with a Vision for them and the club moving forward. We just can’t seem to find that golden ticket unlike the other top clubs in the PL have managed to.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
If its true, did the players really expect they can leak info to the press about discontent 5 games in and it somehow reflect well upon them?!

AndyMUFC86

The problem with this bunch of players is it’s always someone else’s fault. When are they going to roll up their sleeves and say let’s give it my all. I’m sick of these overrated, overpaid pre Madonna throwing manager after manager under the bus

Guapa

Good riddance the lot of them.Replace them with hungry,athletic men that are willing and able to run for the team and follow instructions and play for the shirt.Honestly no one is immune from the cullin.Two year project.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
We’ll never know if any of this is true but if you’ve got a bunch of stroppy egos in a dressing room, the last thing they need is uncertainty with leadership and management. Right now, on our third manager this season and the current having interim before his title means we are all over the place. These ‘type’ of players need a strong single powered leader with a Vision for them and the club moving forward. We just can’t seem to find that golden ticket unlike the other top clubs in the PL have managed to.
I have a strong feeling Rangnicks influence will be quite big. Murtough really likes him and Arnold is hands off. Undoubtedly Ralph is taking notes of this and will probably cause havok on the squas when he moves upstairs.

macheda14

And for some reason you don’t seem to understand that with that time you expect progress even if it’s small. Instead of slowly getting better we’re quickly getting worse.

I’m not setting myself in stone. I’m calling it as I see it right now. We didn’t bring in Rangnick with this being the expectation. He couldn’t have had an easier start and he’s making a pigs ear of it.
We saw exactly how he wants us to play in those first 30 minutes of his reign. He's completely changing the whole style of play from formation, to intensity, to how we are supposed to progress the ball. He's had at most 6 true training sessions (most have which have been preparation for the next game). Leaks are coming out that the players are finding training 'oppressive'.

You can watch any of his past football teams, and yes whilst they may not have won anything (mostly because they were all smaller sides), they have a style and are quite obviously very well coached. I think we can quite confidently say its a mixture of a lack of time to instil his ideas and a set of players that just aren't up to the task.

The quality of teams are perhaps the easiest he could have asked for, but in terms of the reality and context the start has been far from easy. Losing three key coaches who have trained the team every day for a long time upsets the working balance. Having a 2 week Covid outbreak upsets the balance and on top of that you have the busiest period of the year immediately following the squad's recovery from Covid.

It would have been nice to see some progress, but it isn't necassarily expected when this team has been playing in this disinterested a manner frankly since March. Usually you see a new manager bounce because theyve had a medium run of poor performances and before the rot sets in, a new manager is brought in. The rot has been in this team for ~9 months.

Just be a bit patient before calling for the new manager's head and being all doom and gloom. You'll enjoy life just that bit more. For me if by Burnley at the beginning of Feb, after a month where we only have three more games and they are well spaced out, we so 0 improvement, then yes time to worry. Give him time to actually coach the team to not play practically the same style of football we've played since the beginning of Jose's reign.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
If its true, did the players really expect they can leak info to the press about discontent 5 games in and it somehow reflect well upon them?!
It's not all of them deciding to ring a reporter :D I doubt they're in some union about this. But seeing Lukaku's interview the other week has only reminded me about how hubris and an inferiority complex can lead to applause worthy stupidity.

Abraxas

I don't think this will be such a bad thing for us in the long-term, no matter who the 11 are. Nobody is performing at a level whereby they're irreplaceable to this football club.

We might have to come round to the idea that it's going to be a difficult few years of rebuilding (for the umpteenth time) and that the next manager is a gigantic decision as he will mould the next side. There could be some significant turnover of players if this season ends badly. We have unhappy players, underperforming players, aging players, and players at the end of their contracts. There is no possible way that we won't see a large change.

RUCK4444

When you think of how much average people are forking out between season tickets and sky sports and travelling up and down the country to matches. Fed up with these prima donnas. Like i say the lack of gratitude for what they have.
Yeah exactly, I don't care how fed up they are, when your playing for Manchester United it demands you give 100%, people would kill to do it for free, never mind when your the best paid players in the Premier League! It's a privilege for a very lucky few and although Howson was being a tad dramatic he's 100% right in that video. That's the fecking base level expectation.

Weed out the weak and play the youngsters in their place, were not going to achieve anything in the league now this season anyway.

Stig

UPDATE

Manchester United face an exodus of players as SEVENTEEN first-team stars are unhappy .....

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Yeah exactly, I don't care how fed up they are, when your playing for Manchester United it demands you give 100%, people would kill to do it for free, never mind when your the best paid players in the Premier League! It's a privilege for a very lucky few and although Howson was being a tad dramatic he's 100% right in that video. That's the fecking base level expectation.

Weed out the weak and play the youngsters in their place, were not going to achieve anything in the league now this season anyway.
I would as well.

Edit: Surely something has to conveyed to players, either through social media or during the next few games.

crossy1686

career ending
I’d use this clear out as an opportunity to introduce a club wage cap. Max salaries are £200k starting salary, and for anyone coming in it’s £100k a week. You can earn up to £200k a week WHEN you win stuff for United, we’re not paying you top shelf wages to win stuff somewhere else before you join us.

On top of that, if you want to start a brand, there’s the fecking door. We’re the only club in the world that’s got more brand owners/part time politicians than people who care about football and winning games.

Get shut of everyone and go around to all the best academies in Europe, tell the best lads there’s a starting position available at United, great salary for your age, guaranteed football at a high level. Fill the team with lads that want to be here.

RUCK4444

I would as well.

Edit: Surely something has to conveyed to players, either through social media or during the next few games.
Like I said earlier, the clearest message would be a banner in the stadium. Social media is ablaze with negativity about the players and club but the players are so wrapped in cotton wool they are probably shielded from it, most have their PA's manage their social media.

Stig

So those who don't play are unhappy. How much game time to the second string at City or Liverpool get ? Or Aston Villa or wherever ?

The first teamers always play more than the second string. It is not like we are the only club in the world trying to play the "best" 11 most of the time.

Mylock

If 11 players are looking to leave, I'd love to drive the bus to make sure they can't change their minds. If Ralf could get rid of 11 this squad, it would be a great job done. We need players who are up for the battle, not crowd whingers—good riddance to the lot of them.
To be honest it's very hard to like any of these players as they have come across as not giving a shite for the club are continuous failures. They don't seem to have any connection with the fans. They come out in the press conferences either wooden like Harry or full of rubbish like Shaw.

Last edited:

unclefredo

Maybe, just maybe, this is part of the plan.

I don't think I could grasp any harder or reach any further but perhaps Rangnick's been brought in to set a trap for our players. Ole was never going to l criticise "our lads", Mourinho has history on destroying teams. However, its clear that Ralf will call it as it is without making it about him.

Ultimately, he may not need to protect his job as manager so he can take an absolutely objective look from the inside. If he sees first hand that players aren't able to be coached, or are trying to undermine him, you can bet he'll be making recommendations to phase them out in his advisory role, saving the next incumbent from being saddled with it.

Like I say, I'm grasping here because it's such a bold strategy in the sense that you're almost willing to burn the season to the ground - not convinced our board have the guts to pull that off.

I'm with alot of other posters - I'm sick of this group of players for the best part. I get very little enjoyment out of the games right now - the only real excitement/drama being the fall out from our inevitable poor performances. If you don't laugh, you'll cry type scenario

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
17 gone is about right and I’d love to see it .
Rip it up and start again.
I hope Rangnick is being backed by the club as his new vision would be cheaper, modern and more in line with how clubs should be run in 2022.

crossy1686

career ending
If 11 players are looking to leave, I'd love to drive the bus to make sure they can't change their minds. If Ralf could get rid of 11 this squad, it would be a great job done. We need players who are up for the battle, not crowd whingers—good riddance to the lot of them.
Just said this to my mate, my best day ever at work would be telling those 11-17 players where the door was after those chats about them being unhappy.

crossy1686

career ending
That's a cheap shot on Ole (again). He, nor Ralf, nor most managers don't air their dirty laundry in public. All that stays in house and is addressed privately.
I don’t think it’s aimed at Ole, I think it’s more pointing out that people knew Ole was being thrown under the bus by the players and yet he still supported them, because he’s a decent, yet soft, bloke

yamo123x

Good to see majority of fans calling this bunch of players out for what they really are.
None of us know the exact truth, but I think the players have had an easy ride for 3 years with the previous regime, no discipline, arm round the shoulder mentality...all too easy...I remember OGS starting a press conference bowing down to the great Marcus Rashford. Player power bigger than ever.
A group of arrogant pre Madonnas who have witnessed a true professional in Ronaldo come into the squad on huge wages and call them out for what they are. This is where the division lies, and now the mole has come out the media make it seem a thousand times worse than what it actually is. 11 unhappy players, now today 17.... wtf?

A new signing and a few victories in the next few games will see it all evaporate.

That said I’d like to see a massive clear out of those either not good enough or with attitude problems and build a new hungry team who want to play for the shirt. Players I’d keep

De gea. Heaton

Varane, Bailly, Maguire, Menghi, Axel, Laird, Shaw

Mctominay Bruno Garner Hannibal

Greenwood, Sancho, Elanga, Amad

With a few key additions including Rice, I can see us in a much better state than we are now.

crossy1686

career ending
We’ve got a bunch of players that are now bigger than the club. Talking about being unhappy, trying to get a manager sacked or they’re leaving.

Where are you gonna go lads? Seriously, who wants you? Who’s going to pay your wages? Who’s going to pay the club a transfer fee?

If we had answers to all those questions most of them would be gone already.

crossy1686

career ending
Good to see majority of fans calling this bunch of players out for what they really are.
None of us know the exact truth, but I think the players have had an easy ride for 3 years with the previous regime, no discipline, arm round the shoulder mentality...all too easy...I remember OGS starting a press conference bowing down to the great Marcus Rashford. Player power bigger than ever.
A group of arrogant pre Madonnas who have witnessed a true professional in Ronaldo come into the squad on huge wages and call them out for what they are. This is where the division lies, and now the mole has come out the media make it seem a thousand times worse than what it actually is. 11 unhappy players, now today 17.... wtf?

A new signing and a few victories in the next few games will see it all evaporate.

That said I’d like to see a massive clear out of those either not good enough or with attitude problems and build a new hungry team who want to play for the shirt. Players I’d keep

De gea. Heaton

Varane, Bailly, Maguire, Menghi, Axel, Laird, Shaw

Mctominay Bruno Garner Hannibal

Greenwood, Sancho, Elanga, Amad

With a few key additions including Rice, I can see us in a much better state than we are now.
There’s still a few there who are on daft wages that completely break the structure for any potential new signings. We can’t sign a semi decent player and pay them £100k a week when De Gea is on over £300k a week. They’ve also got to go.

clarkydaz

He’s toxic.

Btw does anyone remember our former manager having to apologise to Rashford publicly in a press conference?
Yes, when he said rashford needs to concentrate on football. That was clearly an instruction from above, not a good sign

Stig

They'll be happy to reduce their wages so they can move on then. Right?
and herein lies the problem. They won't go. They will sit and take the wages and then move on a free.

We have to change the style of contracts we give players X as a base and X+ for each game or matchday squad that you make.

Short term contracts renewable at our option, and if you haven't become a regular or solid back up challenging for a position in 18 months, you get moved on.

No super start contracts unless you actually truly are absolutely world class.