"Up to 11 players now want to leave United after becoming disillusioned with life at the club."

Ixion

I kept pointing this out when Ole was here and people were saying he had put together the best squad ever, that about 7-8 of them are on the verge of leaving and will need to be replaced somehow and that's before touching the midfield problem. This just seems like a way to blame it on the new manager but it's been on the cards since a few weeks into the season.

largelyworried

I'm finding it hard to be sympathetic. They had a manager who gave them a long leash and let them stroll around choosing when to play, and they won the square root of feck all. If they struggle with the demands being put on them, let them go.

tomaldinho1

Honestly not bothered at all. They were pampered for three years and now feel ‘oppressed’ because they’ve essentially been told they have to work a hell of a lot harder. I don’t really like many of our players and those I do, pastor Fred, McT, Henderson etc. I know deep down are probably going to leave or aren’t really elite quality.

RR is known to only sign players under 24 and focus on developing young, hungry and dynamic players - is it any wonder a lot of our sluggish crowd are worried? I don’t know if we have a single player I’d categorise and dynamic and hungry right now, our players seem to think they’ve all made it and are global brands.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I just hope that this all out anarchy is because many players know they are in trouble and can't ride this gravy train much longer. It is odd how the toys have come out of the pram in such a big fashion and I can only hope this is the players sulking because their easy life of fame and undeserved fortune is over.

Godfather

Wonder if they'd done the same under Conte. My guess is yes. How we managed to assemble such a spoilt bunch of children is something else (if the reports are true, but Hirst is fairly reliable).

Oh man how I'd love to throw half of them out and start from scratch. That squad Ole has assembled is a huge joke.

red4ever 79

I kept pointing this out when Ole was here and people were saying he had put together the best squad ever, that about 7-8 of them are on the verge of leaving and will need to be replaced somehow and that's before touching the midfield problem. This just seems like a way to blame it on the new manager but it's been on the cards since a few weeks into the season.
Dont think anyone is doing that. If anything people have finalized had enough of the players

jackal&hyde

Seeing the names of the coaches and the way we play I'm not surprised if there is discontent. We want to believe we made an improvement over Carrick and McKenna but that very well might not be so. We are in the worst period we've been in since 2013 imo and the Rangnick euphoria raised expectations to irrational levels, mostly driven by how little credit Ole is getting for the last 2 seasons making many to think that "any" other manager would get much more from these players.

We'll be back fighting for 6th to 8th spot if we don't make the correct moves in the summer.

Foxbatt

I hope he oppress them more. Train them so hard they fall down. No more pampering.
Maybe Jose was right. Woodward screwed the Managers. Hopefully now he is gone we might get things right.

Ixion

Dont think anyone is doing that. If anything people have finalized had enough of the players
I don't mean fans putting it on the manager, I mean the players and some journalists trying to turn an existing issue into a way to slate the new manager.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Jesse Lingard, Donny van de Beek, Eric Bailly and Dean Henderson

I mean, those players + Martial definitely need to leave for their career as they would otherwise rot on the bench. Who could be the other 6, though?
What seems mental to me is that we could've sold every single one of those players for a respectable fee, instead, like you said, we've just left them rotting on the bench. Some appalling foresight on our behalf.

Greck

Seeing the names of the coaches and the way we play I'm not surprised if there is discontent. We want to believe we made an improvement over Carrick and McKenna but that very well might not be so. We are in the worst period we've been in since 2013 imo and the Rangnick euphoria raised expectations to irrational levels, mostly driven by how little credit Ole is getting for the last 2 seasons making many to think that "any" other manager would get much more from these players.

We'll be back fighting for 6th to 8th spot if we don't make the correct moves in the summer.
Yeah poor Ole loading us with a bunch of primadonnas. "Cultural rebuilt" squad with a mix of entitled youngsters and old players trying to run off to use their final years elsewhere.

Drainy

Don’t they like failed mls coaches?

I mean, who would come in for a 6 month gig? It's obvious he's a temporary manager so the next manager will bring his own staff. That's why Carrick and McKenna got the feck out of there.

The rest might be so junior that they will escape the cull from the next manager or are probably looking elsewhere .

Ixion

What seems mental to me is that we could've sold every single one of those players for a respectable fee, instead, like you said, we've just left them rotting on the bench. Some appalling foresight on our behalf.
It was crazy not to sell Lingard when we would have gotten a good fee for him as his stock was high. And there was a chance to let VDB go somewhere. No matter how professional they may or may not be it's not a good idea to keep unhappy players in a squad when you don't need to and you dont plan to use them.

pocco

loco
Wonder if they'd done the same under Conte. My guess is yes. How we managed to assemble such a spoilt bunch of children is something else (if the reports are true, but Hirst is fairly reliable).

Oh man how I'd love to throw half of them out and start from scratch. That squad Ole has assembled is a huge joke.
I reckon Hirst is probably on the money here. We've all been saying there's something off with the players and their efforts this season. Neville said there's something wrong and he can't put his finger on it. I suspect there's a lot more we don't know yet.

GoldanoGraham

This is just sensational opportunist journalism - yes there must be a few disgruntled players and I’m sure a lot are hurting - but I don’t buy that they are all downing tools.

Ralf needs to be strong, be openly backed by the board and make a strong statement that things need to change and those that don’t want to be a part can bugger off.

I think most fans are behind RR - if not just for him but that they are fed up the same repeating saga…

AndySmith1990

Oh so they were happy to stay and put up with Solskjaer's world class coaching and tactics, but now we've replaced him with an amateur with no experience they want out? Feck them, good riddance. There's not a single player in our squad who I'd be sad to see the back of.

MrBrightside1989

Sell them all, who cares. Build the club back again from scratch, I dont mind losing every single one of those players.
keep Varane, Greenwood, McTominay... the rest of the 'senior players' can leave if they want to. Call their bluff. Play the kids the rest of the season and move on.

pocco

loco
I hope he oppress them more. Train them so hard they fall down. No more pampering.
Maybe Jose was right. Woodward screwed the Managers. Hopefully now he is gone we might get things right.
I said at the time, love or hate Jose's style or personality, he is a winner. He was the only ambitious person at the club whilst he was here and was doing the work of the supporters when he was calling out all the trash. The fans should have listened to him and backed him, because I do think he was the only person that genuinely cared about the standards and ambitions of this club at that time.

Esquire

Ole was incredibly popular as was Carrick (maybe mckenna too) so their departure was bound to negatively effect some players - that's human nature. Its Ralfs job to get them onside though - casting everyone aside, as much as fans may want to see it, is never the right managerial approach in any setting never mind the short term result obsessed business of football. If he doesn't get a tune out of them his long term plan and his new coaching team will be in the toilet and they'll be replaced by the next big idea the board cook up

I'm not saying the players are without criticism, I'm not saying some shouldn't be moved on but this situation, everything laid out in these tweets is precisely what Ralf is here to fix. This is his job and he needs to get on with it fast because otherwise he'll be replaced too
If the situation is as bad as it sounds, then a clear out is needed. What you are saying makes sense but we need to go by evidence. They have thrown Jose and Ole under the bus. Now they are not happy with RR. It’s clear that this group of players for all sorts of reasons cannot go forward. I would rather we miss out on top 4 and have a clear out than watch this really unlikeable group. Some of them just don’t care and don’t want to put in the hard graft. We all can see it.

Ixion

Oh so they were happy to stay and put up with Solskjaer's world class coaching and tactics, but now we've replaced him with an amateur with no experience they want out? Feck them, good riddance. There's not a single player in our squad who I'd be sad to see the back of.
They were happy to stick with Ole being their mate and repeating cliches about how we'll be a wounded animal next time, they draw the line at longer, more difficult training sessions and finishing at 5pm.

AndySmith1990

Jose went about things the wrong way, which meant he was easy to dislike and therefore the message he was giving was ignored. But ultimately he was right about our players. He'll be having the last laugh unfortunately.

Seveneric

There seems to be a rot that's eaten deep into the club and I can't say I know the source or how to fix it, but something is definitely wrong. It's always one thing or the other, things just never seem to be in harmony- from the players to the manager, to the coaches to the higher-ups. The fact that since Fergie's departure nearly 10 years ago, there hasn't been a period of stability (I'm not counting trophies) is worrisome.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
When was the last time we were a normal team without some kind of wankery going on by our players?
This is normal. When a club isn't successful or at least not as successful as expected you see that type of reports or the kind of comments Shaw shared the other day.

Longshanks

Its interesting that in his first match in charge when he hadn't really had a chance to work with the players there was a reaction and a good performance. Sort of like the players thought he would be all about a high press high risk strategy where as he seems a lot more pragmatic in real life.

Now he's had chance to work with the players the performances have been dreadful I actually think that against Norwich, Newcastle, Burnley and wolves we have been as bad as some of the performances pre bruno in Ole's first full season. Playing like a mid table side.

Personally think we should of gone for Poch I was never that convinced by an interim appointment and we are not seeing any signs of much improvement as of yet. Early days still of course but for the players to be turning on him this early is a concern.

romufc

Well, then they need to leave. Its not like players are putting in great performances and not playing. If I recall, the last time Lingard played, he was shit. Donny wasnt pulling trees.
Telles and Dalot play ok but we nothing special.

No United outfield player has played well this season

Greck

Amazingly poor foresight. We treated amassing talent like an arms race with no plan on how to use them. The cloud of negativity might have been manageable if it wasn't a quarter of the squad whining about being frozen out.

Many should have been sold, never been promised time or never been brought in the first place. Who's telling a player like Lingard he should expect minutes at man united. Then a player like Henderson isn't better than De Gea so I'm not sure what he expects other than waiting for his opportunity or getting sold. I guess they were expecting the manager to have a clue and sell them if he couldn't. There are just way too many guys crying about playing time.

KeanoMagicHat

I'm usually against reactive clear outs that you've got over the past 5 years every time United lose a game. However, in this case, a clear out is badly needed. The squad is way too bloated. Ronaldo and Sancho arrived but Lingard, Cavani and Martial stayed. What was the point of Van de Beek if he's never going to be played? Henderson isn't even getting cup games. Varane arrived but Bailly wasn't sold etc. Pogba wants out it seems.

Gordon Godot

There seems to be a rot that's eaten deep into the club and I can't say I know the source or how to fix it, but something is definitely wrong. It's always one thing or the other, things just never seem to be in harmony- from the players to the manager, to the coaches to the higher-ups. The fact that since Fergie's departure nearly 10 years ago, there hasn't been a period of stability (I'm not counting trophies) is worrisome.
There is no stability as there is no structure. The Glazers may be the ultimate problem, as they dont care or understand how to run a football club. But the current mess is all on Woodward, crazy managerial appointments, jumping from one style to next with no clue what he was doing. Mega signings based on social media and shirt sales rather than team needs or clear football approach. No DoF, and after years we get Fletcher, who may do OK but has zero experience. Contrast wth approach at City, Liverpool and Chelsea. Its not that hard, we certainly have the money to attract the best people but refused, presumably because Ed thought he was a genious. We keep players on high wages and give them new contracts when they dont or cant play. 'Protect the value', what does that even mean. I can only assume its a balance sheet issue given our high debt, but its madness. The club needs a total rebuild with a clear structure and a clear out of players. Nothing else will work.

Reactions: oates

gregor

I've unfollowed all United players on social media. :)
I'm sick of their appologies after bad results, if they want to satisfy their fans they shoud do it on the pitch, not with some stupid posts on instagram.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Who cares. Let them feck off. feck then feck off you bunch of assholes.

They have been riding the club for years some of them. Get Ralf upstairs and get rid of the overpaid underperforming bunch of wasters.

They are playing for the biggest team in the world and this is how they act.
Just feck off

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
For what it's worth yes I think there's a faction that brews trouble.

It could have been
1. Grudges from the old regime (Phelan / Fletcher)
2. Grudges and selfish destabilization act from (pogba) agent to justify throwing tantrums for exit
3. Certain players feeling threatened by Rangnick and creates these rumors to try to get him sacked before they're sacked. If Rangnick is sacked, the whole Maguire/Shaw/Martial etc could have been getting a new lease in the name of give them a clean slate under the new manager, and they survive to grab another 4 years paycheck.
4. A collective (3-4ish) influential players who's buddy with Ole now feeling gruntled with Rangnick
5. Rangnick is a sadomasochist who whips them during training
6. They're so subpar physically that Rangnic attempt to get them up to speed is seen as no. 5

Hawks2008

Thanks to the club policy of holding on to players forever and paying them a fortune we have a bloated of squad full of self serving mercs. Some outliers aside this is a thoroughly unlikeable group of players and a cull would he very welcome.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
What did jose say