"Up to 11 players now want to leave United after becoming disillusioned with life at the club."

SER19

LVG
Jose
Ole
Ralf

Im sorry. This club has fostered the most pampered, spoilt group of players and culture the league has ever seen. Can't play a pass as simple as the rashford through ball the other night. Can't head the ball. Blame the coaching. These cowards can put a name to their moaning and let the fans who pay to watch them let them have it. Running to their media pals because football is getting in the way of their sad little Instagram life

deef

Its interesting that in his first match in charge when he hadn't really had a chance to work with the players there was a reaction and a good performance. Sort of like the players thought he would be all about a high press high risk strategy where as he seems a lot more pragmatic in real life.

Now he's had chance to work with the players the performances have been dreadful I actually think that against Norwich, Newcastle, Burnley and wolves we have been as bad as some of the performances pre bruno in Ole's first full season. Playing like a mid table side.

Personally think we should of gone for Poch I was never that convinced by an interim appointment and we are not seeing any signs of much improvement as of yet. Early days still of course but for the players to be turning on him this early is a concern.
Not even a month her, in a busy period, interrupted by covid and they haven't adapted to the new style yet ... shit coach :houllier:

I am not saying he will come good especially if they players seem to work against him but he is only here for 6 month to build the foundation and give directions for the future.

He may not have the best coaching credentials but what he build with Salzburg is incredible and he definitely has a vision.

Greck

What did jose say
We aren't even done with the Ole vigils, we dont need this. Asides martial all the problem children listed in that OP were brought in by both managers. They don't get to cry when they put us in this mess.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Do other clubs have as many cry babies as our squad? Whether it’s shirt numbers, chips, or whatever else, they always seem to have a problem

crossy1686

career ending

How can they be "senior squad" if they're leaving to get regular football? Surely the senior squad are playing consistently? This whole shitstorm feel's like it's one man's (Lingard) opinion and doing.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I'm usually against reactive clear outs that you've got over the past 5 years every time United lose a game. However, in this case, a clear out is badly needed. The squad is way too bloated. Ronaldo and Sancho arrived but Lingard, Cavani and Martial stayed. What was the point of Van de Beek if he's never going to be played? Henderson isn't even getting cup games. Varane arrived but Bailly wasn't sold etc. Pogba wants out it seems.
100%

Unfortunately we fooled ourselves into thinking this season was going to be a title push. Ole wanted a big squad to deal with COVID and the games required in a short distance.

Now while in theory that could have been true, we got dumped out of the league cup early. COVID itself seems rampant enough that once somebody gets it, the whole lot of them got it. So it meant games being postponed rather than 1/2/3 players having to sit out and carry on.

As you say, in hindsight (which many of the fans said) we should have sold Lingard while his stock was high. We could have happily got 20/30m from WHU at that point, now we will lose him for nothing.

DVB has been a very strange situation, I don't even know how to process this one. If he doesn't get a proper chance then he should leave for his own sake.

Henderson can rightly feel annoyed, he went from being number 1 at sheffield, to challenging De Gea and playing regularly. Now he's back on the bench, but he's too good to be a number 2.

We should have loaned him again this year and got another keeper to challenge DDG. Instead he's sitting there angry on the bench on big wages.

Martial is a tricky one as I do feel he's still got something to offer, but clearly he's fed up of being 2nd choice now and wants to leave - let him go.

United need to stop trying to protect their monetary assets and just clear out at a loss if needs be. Get rid of the bad apples. For whatever reason we prefer to keep the unhappy trash around the squad to save face, but it just causes way more negativity than needed.

Feck the lot of them off, Give Amad, Mejbri, Elanga more game time.

crossy1686

career ending
Do other clubs have as many cry babies as our squad? Whether it’s shirt numbers, chips, or whatever else, they always seem to have a problem
It's starting to sound like one person at the club who's leaving anyway, has done an off the record interview and overexaggerated a bunch of stuff to justify them running down their contract and leaving for nothing.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
LVG
Jose
Ole
Ralf

Im sorry. This club has fostered the most pampered, spoilt group of players and culture the league has ever seen. Can't play a pass as simple as the rashford through ball the other night. Can't head the ball. Blame the coaching. These cowards can put a name to their moaning and let the fans who pay to watch them let them have it. Running to their media pals because football is getting in the way of their sad little Instagram life
Who's fault is that?

Moyes tried to train them, as underqualified as he was, it's hard to make a good tactics when your senior player's doesn't take you seriously.

Van Gaal Was a nutter, and I don't think our sets of players tried hard enough to follow his method, and we sided with the players, sacked he goes

Mourinho tried to discipline them, Martial being sidelined, Pogba being reprimanded etc but again we sided with the players, sacked he goes

And Ole was siding with the player, coddly cuddling them praising them etc.

That's a good 10 years of ruined culture, we have lost all traces of hard working, bleed for the club ethos

captain666

I'm sure RR has a good idea who the disruptive influences are,get them out of first team training for a start,send them to a boot camp for a fortnight would be preferable!We have some promising loanees returning in the summer hopefully better for their experiences and if we can add a couple of midfielders this window we should be in a far better place than right now.

MUFC OK

Wish this Chris Wheeler bloke would feck off with his stories. Went to check his Twitter but I’d already blocked him.

Looks like Peter Kay in Max and Paddy.

KingCavani

How can they be "senior squad" if they're leaving to get regular football? Surely the senior squad are playing consistently? This whole shitstorm feel's like it's one man's (Lingard) opinion and doing.
It's pretty clear from watching the games that there's something to this. And senior squad isn't just the first XI but everyone registered to play.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Surprised by the general apathy towards these reports. I know the tweets are from a tabloid, but still, its noise and rather worrying from my perspective. How are we going to salvage anything from this season and more importantly, how do we even recruit a new manager and new players if there is an internal shit storm to deal with? I mean, who in their right mind would want to join this mess?

The Purley King

Pogba, Cavani, Ronaldo, Lingard, Bailly, Martial, Mata.

There are 7 right there that can do one in either now or in the summer and I'd be happy if they did.
Major reset required.
DVB I dunno, I could understand if he's majorly fecked off and wants to go, has been treated atrociously. Similar for Henderson. So that could be 9.

Personally I'd try to keep DVB and Henderson and promise Henderson he'll be #1 next season.

stoinz

Ole was really popular with them and the way he left maybe demoralize a few of the players. The players really did tried for him, just that Ole wasn't good enough. I know it definitely affected Carrick. The whole set up is totally unfamilar to them, the coaches are new, the manager are new and you throw in the Ronaldo conundrum. Of course players gonna be destabilized.

The thing is we assume these players are the players whom we thought are the fringe players and will be leaving anyway but what if the disillusioned includes Rashford, Greenwood who we have so much hopes on. Let them leave too? I'm lucky I'm not the manager because It such a messy situation and I sometimes wish we sell the whole lot of them and play youth players and do a rebuild from scratch even if we get relegated.

flameinthesun

While its a good narrative to look at this from the view of the players wanted Jose out, then Ole out and now they want Ralf out, if we look at it in isolation I could see why there would be discontent.

- A number of players, rightly or wrongly, have a reason to be discontent: (lingard, henderson, bailly, martial, dvb, wanting to leave the club which is fair)
- It does seem like the team was built to continue Ole's 4 2 3 1, with sancho rw, rashy lw and greenwood/cavani battling it out. Where as now most of the attackers, apart from the strikers are playing out of position.
- Greenwood has been talked about as becoming the main striker, rashford (whilst performances not great) has been scoring 20+ goals and becoming a key player, bruno has been the de facto leader, and all of a sudden at the last minute the club brings in ronaldo and now everyone must defer to him.

Whilst I don't think the blame is at ronaldo feet, the reality is that this team was roughly 4 players away from challenging (a rw, cm, cb and rb). We solved 2 of the positions, moved closed to our goal and then completely threw it out the window to sign ronaldo. I could see why certain players are probably disillusioned with this season.

Reactions: oates

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Ole was really popular with them and the way he left maybe demoralize a few of the players. The players really did tried for him, just that Ole wasn't good enough. I know it definitely affected Carrick. The whole set up is totally unfamilar to them, the coaches are new, the manager are new and you throw in the Ronaldo conundrum. Of course players gonna be destabilized.

The thing is we assume these players are the players whom we thought are the fringe players and will be leaving anyway but what if the disillusioned includes Rashford, Greenwood who we have so much hopes on. Let them leave too? I'm lucky I'm not the manager because It such a messy situation and I sometimes wish we sell the whole lot of them and play youth players and do a rebuild from scratch even if we get relegated.
While its a good narrative to look at this from the view of the players wanted Jose out, then Ole out and now they want Ralf out, if we look at it in isolation I could see why there would be discontent.

- A number of players, rightly or wrongly, have a reason to be discontent: (lingard, henderson, bailly, martial, dvb, wanting to leave the club which is fair)
- It does seem like the team was built to continue Ole's 4 2 3 1, with sancho rw, rashy lw and greenwood/cavani battling it out. Where as now most of the attackers, apart from the strikers are playing out of position.
- Greenwood has been talked about as becoming the main striker, rashford (whilst performances not great) has been scoring 20+ goals and becoming a key player, bruno has been the de facto leader, and all of a sudden at the last minute the club brings in ronaldo and now everyone must defer to him.

Whilst I don't think the blame is at ronaldo feet, the reality is that this team was roughly 4 players away from challenging (a rw, cm, cb and rb). We solved 2 of the positions, moved closed to our goal and then completely threw it out the window to sign ronaldo. I could see why certain players are probably disillusioned with this season.
Good points.

Revaulx

@Sky1981 Fletcher’s rise through the ranks has accelerated post-Ole, and his obvious closeness to Ralf on the touchline suggests that he’s very much part of the new regime rather than just a hangover from the old. You’d have to be a hardline conspiracy nutter to regard him as a likely traitor.

I wouldn’t be surprised if you’re right about the squad being subpar physically. They were allowed to become very lazy in the latter part of Jose’s reign; Ole rightly called them out for it but seemed incapable of getting them to work any harder.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

We’ve been playing a core of 14 players regularly with maybe 3 or 4 getting the occasional game on top of that. Considering we have a large squad with 25+ players in it it’s no surprise we have discontent. It doesn’t help when we go out of the League Cup in the first attempt.

PaulRich

Name one of them who's consistently performed like an elite level Top 4 Premier League footballer all season? David de Gea. That's it. So if they want to go, I say give them a lift with their bags to the gates of Carrington because they don't deserve to be here. Gutless pussies.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
No they weren't. Not even close.
Yeah, they were. Although 4 signings who all turn out to be successes is a long way off. Even longer at a club with such a terrible record in the transfer market.

A world class RW, CB, DM and CF would have completely transformed this team. Although, depressingly, that’s been the shopping list for years. Plus we also needed a better manager.

KjaAnd

Surprised by the general apathy towards these reports. I know the tweets are from a tabloid, but still, its noise and rather worrying from my perspective. How are we going to salvage anything from this season and more importantly, how do we even recruit a new manager and new players if there is an internal shit storm to deal with? I mean, who in their right mind would want to join this mess?
I don't think it's apathy. We're just fed up with this bunch of players. They have underperformed under every single manager we've had and yet, somehow, they feel entitled to complain.

I agree the situation is extremely worrying but what is there to be done about it? Sack the interim manager? Tell him to continue mollycoddling the players? No, we need a clearout and the sooner we do it, the better situation we leave the new manager with.

I'm resigned to the fact that RR won't get us playing attractive football and that we will miss out on Europe but I'm okay with that, if it means we start building a solid foundation. And that's impossible with the squad we have at the moment.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
@Sky1981 Fletcher’s rise through the ranks has accelerated post-Ole, and his obvious closeness to Ralf on the touchline suggests that he’s very much part of the new regime rather than just a hangover from the old. You’d have to be a hardline conspiracy nutter to regard him as a likely traitor.

I wouldn’t be surprised if you’re right about the squad being subpar physically. They were allowed to become very lazy in the latter part of Jose’s reign; Ole rightly called them out for it but seemed incapable of getting them to work any harder.
Which is why Ralf's got them training twice a day.

dinostar77

This definitely sounds like a disgruntled player or two have got their agents to leak stories to the press. Honestly, get rid of all the primadonna's and bring in players who are hungry, with desire and determination.

crossy1686

career ending
We’ve been playing a core of 14 players regularly with maybe 3 or 4 getting the occasional game on top of that. Considering we have a large squad with 25+ players in it it’s no surprise we have discontent. It doesn’t help when we go out of the League Cup in the first attempt.
Well the players and Solskjaer are to blame for that. If you play shit and get knocked out of a cup competition you were promised you’d play in you can only really blame yourself

Matt851

Could be bullshit given its in the mirror but it rings true. It's easy to slate the players but there is no point in many of them being here. Donny, pogba, martial and lingaard should have been shipped out in the summer. We shouldn't have a no. 2 keeper earning huge wages. Then there's the likes of mata who it's easy to forget are still at the club

Our decisions on contract renewals and transfers out are nearly always the wrong ones and seem to be made to save face or avoid admitting mistakes

More concerning is the idea greenwood is unhappy but i find it hard to imagine him not doing better elsewhere at the moment so this wouldn't be suprising

Last edited:

LoneStar

If this is indeed true, I do hope the club come up with a strong statement backing Rangnick. You can't have this sort of thing, it will only spread and continue with future managers. Everyone needs to know who the boss is.

If there are players out there who desperately want to get out, but aren't willing to reduce their wages, stop training them with the first team. Let them train with the reserves or the U23s.

I get it, some of them just want playing time which they were promised. But this is not the way. The club should send a clear message to them and to anyone coming in the future that such bs is not tolerated.

Dan_F

At least there’s a few who will have to leave at the end of the season anyway. In an ideal world I’d just tell them they can leave in January regardless. We would save millions by the end of the season for letting Pogba, Lingard, Mata, Cavani etc go now.

The likes of Henderson and Martial can go on loan if they wanted, or we can try to get a fee if anyone wants them.

Out of that whole lot we’re looking at only Cavani being missed and I’d just move Greenwood into his place and promote Elanga, Hannibal and Amad. It literally can’t get any worse than the last three games. As painful as it would be, doing an Arsenal and missing out completely would mean we could have a smaller squad next year and get a lot more time on the training pitch. It would also reduce the wage bill massively.

Obviously it’s unrealistic but someone needs to put their foot down.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Our players are pathetic. Feel nothing for the majority of them. They are getting paid more than any other team in world football for achieving feck all on the pitch for us. Throwing toys out the pram already because their “routine” is broken or because they don’t like to learn anything new. Why would Henderson be complaining? He’s not as good as De Gea, he’s not displacing him. If he’s unhappy ask to leave. Same to the others. Fair enough some guys were untouchable under Ole and it’s been a problem here for ages. Maguire is the worst of the lot. Hopefully he’s one of the ones wanting out too. He won’t be missed.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
I'll be honest, it's neither the players or managers to blame for this but rather the board who fail to sell players out at the right time.

By selling players at the right time, and bringing better ones in, we would have a fresh atmosphere with continuous competition

Lentwood

For me, the biggest problem is the wage structure and has been for a long time. We started out so well under Ole, the recruitment was focused on players who had something to prove, and they came in on healthy but reasonable wages. Say what you like about the quality of Dan James, AWB, Fernandes and Maguire but we came 3rd and then 2nd, and we didn't have this nonsense, with leaks and 'split dressing rooms'.

We seem to have lost our way again at the start of the season. Three players bought in and one renewed for a total weekly combined salary of around £1.4m. It's ridiculous. What message does it send to the lads who have worked hard to earn those league positions, who have been loyal to the club? What must, Greenwood, for example, think, seeing Sancho come in on £350K? What must Maguire, the club captain, think when a player turns up on £500K per week?

What people are quick to forget is that footballers are human, and have human wants, needs, desires and emotions. It's just a fact that if you have given 5/6 years service at your workplace, and some 21 year old kid comes in earning 4/5x weekly what you earn, you are going to be REALLY pissed off. It's not just about the money, it's about respect and having to earn it.

No player should EVER come into the club on a higher salary than the captain. No player should EVER come into the club in the top salary bracket. If a player won't sign because we won't instantly put them in that bracket, then great, it's a brilliant test of their real motivations.

Personally, I would give every player on a salary north of £200K the option - instantly sign a new deal on the same salary as Maguire (as club captain) or piss off - I guarantee no other club would pay them the money.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Rangnicks assistants came from NY Red bull ?

I still dont believe it ? Really ? No disrespect to those guys but the difference betwee those 2 clubs is like driving a Ferrari and a Ford Fiesta.

Rangnick really thought it was an easy job to manage United.
They didn't rate the last coaches either, there was moans and groans coming out about McKenna. If we get a full time coach in the summer he will want his own men in. It was going to be awkward bringing a new coach in mid season as the top coaches/manager are in the top jobs. This lot need to shut up and get on with it.

KeanoMagicHat

As you say, in hindsight (which many of the fans said) we should have sold Lingard while his stock was high. We could have happily got 20/30m from WHU at that point, now we will lose him for nothing.

DVB has been a very strange situation, I don't even know how to process this one. If he doesn't get a proper chance then he should leave for his own sake.
Yep and they've got the equivalent of less than one full game in minutes in the league. They're not even given an olive branch that they might get a consistent run in the team. Liverpool have played Harvey Elliot more than United have played them, City have played Cole Palmer more than them in the league.

I think they're both good enough players but you can't keep good, international-level players and never play them. They would have been promised at least rotational roles. They're not getting rotational roles, they're just not playing, they're essentially back up the way they're used.

Ogaranya

Ole really damaged a lot of things here, his passive and defeatist tactical philosophy coupled with his weak disciplinary nature created a joke atmosphere at carrington.

He pampered these underachieving technically deficient players, hence the rebellion from them because ralf wants them to work hard.

Glazers should back ralf to write off this season and then take him time from now to summer to flush out many of these players and then build from scratch, Klopp did it at Liverpool, flush them out and drain the swamp.

Laurencio

I know this is radical for Man Utd these days, but if 11 players want to leave then sell those 11 players and bring in new ones. This team hasn't achieved anything at all, aren't likely to start competing for anything and is filled with players not quite good enough. Ship them off, bring in new players and move on.

Every month there's a new thing the players are unhappy about while also performing terribly on the pitch. Whenever out of favour players get a chance, we see no improvement at all. The whole point of brining in Ragnick was to have consistency in recruitment wasn't it? Just ship them out and start recruiting.

Bestietom

100%

Unfortunately we fooled ourselves into thinking this season was going to be a title push. Ole wanted a big squad to deal with COVID and the games required in a short distance.

Now while in theory that could have been true, we got dumped out of the league cup early. COVID itself seems rampant enough that once somebody gets it, the whole lot of them got it. So it meant games being postponed rather than 1/2/3 players having to sit out and carry on.

Henderson can rightly feel annoyed, he went from being number 1 at sheffield, to challenging De Gea and playing regularly. Now he's back on the bench, but he's too good to be a number 2.

We should have loaned him again this year and got another keeper to challenge DDG. Instead he's sitting there angry on the bench on big wages.

Martial is a tricky one as I do feel he's still got something to offer, but clearly he's fed up of being 2nd choice now and wants to leave - let him go.

United need to stop trying to protect their monetary assets and just clear out at a loss if needs be. Get rid of the bad apples. For whatever reason we prefer to keep the unhappy trash around the squad to save face, but it just causes way more negativity than needed.

Feck the lot of them off, Give Amad, Mejbri, Elanga more game time.
I would say that we would sell most of them, but nobody will pay the wages they are on here. It would be another Sanchez thing having to pay half their wages. It's ridiculous how players contracts were extended when we could have got rid then.