US Men's National Team Discussion

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
The 6 is the ONE position the US doesn't have or hasn't developed an alternative to Adams. They've looked at LDT, Erik Williamson, Acosta...who are all shit. I think Aidan Morris is the kid they want to make into that type of Adams player. Let's see how they use Busio and Sonora if they come on at all.
Busio is not on this roster and I thought Sonora was more of an 8/10. Johny Cardosa is the only (kind of??) 6 on the roster. He starts for one of the best teams in Brazil, but he has not ever really impressed on the National team.

haha....well kick off time in Vegas is 7pm so that's normal time for them. I live in central time but i'm in NC right now so i have to deal with EST now and i hate it. Kickoff is 9pm normal for me and ended at 11 is great.
In NC as well now and the 10pm start sucks. I was able to move my 4am call with an Italian customer to this morning, so while I will be tired as shit at least I can “sleep in”.

bosskeano

Busio is not on this roster and I thought Sonora was more of an 8/10. Johny Cardosa is the only (kind of??) 6 on the roster. He starts for one of the best teams in Brazil, but he has not ever really impressed on the National team.

In NC as well now and the 10pm start sucks. I was able to move my 4am call with an Italian customer to this morning, so while I will be tired as shit at least I can “sleep in”.
agreed the 10pm start time is miserable which is honestly why i don't understand having these matches on the west coast

bosskeano

If Berhalter comes back we are stupid and it was pointless hiring the guy from Soton as he's an outsider and should have been looking for more high profile guys

bosskeano

i'm going to watch the match actually on univision even though i can't speak spanish

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
If Berhalter comes back we are stupid and it was pointless hiring the guy from Soton as he's an outsider and should have been looking for more high profile guys
Agreed. If G*3 gets rehired it suggests that that dude is not really in charge. For the sake of even perceived authority he needs his own hire.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
i'm going to watch the match actually on univision even though i can't speak spanish
Yeah, putting this on a streaming only platform, and not a one most people have, is not great. Luckily I got it for Europa league and WCQ’s.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil

Are you going to the Gold Cup match in Charlotte?

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
I wish. I am flying out Sunday night (the 2nd) for work. If the game had been earlier.... oh well.
That sucks. The first time they've ever played in Charlotte, I think. My best friends live in Charlotte so it will make an easy trip, and I have Outlaws tickets.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Pulisic with a Chelsea style finish :lol:

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
We are so much better than Mexico athletically and technically. It really is shocking.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Being a Mexican national team fan truly is heartbreaking right now... the quality here is just awful. Thank God Pulisic is still on his Chelsea shooting form
It is sad. I want Mexico to be good, it can only help the US having multiple rivals of quality. Canada stepping up has made up for Costa Rica's decline, but the region needs Mexico to be Mexico!

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs

:rolleyes:
They couldn't make a worse choice could they. I guess they don't care about wc2026 on home soil with that hire. Shame because a good NT manager could do something with that squad.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
What a joke, and what a wase of the most talented team we have ever had. Shocking.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
This news coming out and overshadowing what has been a historically dominant half by the US is the most Berhalter thing that ever Berhaltered. The federation is a disgrace. They know none of us will "find another team", so they go with the cheap option. fecking disgraceful if true.

forevrared

Between the Qatar news and Berhalter coming back in the same day, I may just give up football altogether.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Between the Qatar news and Berhalter coming back in the same day, I may just give up football altogether.
Just do what I did and smoothly move from a Belgian tripel to a couple of hazy IPA's and enjoy how fecking good we are. The best group of talent we have ever had, by magnitudes.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
This is painful to watch for me.... Mexico needs an overhaul because this is pure shit
It really is shocking. There seems to be no "next generation" for Mexico. I used to fear playing you guys, but now I worry about Canada more. Is it Mexico lacking talent or the US overtaking Mexico? I think it's both.