US Men's National Team Discussion

Twisted_Woody

Scout
Seriously, can you get that shit under control. Not only am I dodging bullets down here in the American south, but now I am trying to go all Matrix to avoid Canadian Lung Cancer(tm)
Well, my understanding is the fires are in Quebec and they are only allowing French speaking firefighters to help. So ya that's where we're at.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
:lol: was visiting the fam in SK. In North Dakota now after 11 and a half hours on the road today.

:lol: it's because I grew up watching Detroit TV. Eating a Culver's Butter burger right now, too. :drool:
Culvers? Solid 7/10 burger, good choice. Tots or curds? If you say fries, then you should probably just die.

Edit: and by die I mean you shold self 2A yourself

Edit2: and by self 2A yourself I mean have a second butter burger.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Culvers? Solid 7/10 burger, good choice. Tots or curds? If you say fries, then you should probably just die.

Edit: and by die I mean you shold self 2A yourself

Edit2: and by self 2A yourself I mean have a second butter burger.
:lol: yeah fries but in my defence I was on the road too long and haven't eaten in over 8 hours.

Oh and the burger is a double so maybe way ahead of you?

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
To be fair I had tots, aka Mexi-fries, earlier in the day (and a few times last week) at a Saskatchewan favourite known as Taco Time.
How dare you. Tots are not aka anything! They are potato perfection, terrific taters and, spectacular spuds. Typical CanadiAmerican.

bosskeano

Canada almost did to the US when we have done or tried to do to Mexico for years before this current generation of players....a totally defensive approach, sit back and hope to turn them over in their defensive third and counter attack quickly

US fell right into that trap bc the dumbasses kept playing to the outside back in the build up phase which is exactly where they wanted the first phase of the play to go as they sat in that 532/442 hybrid system. US just became too predictable but that clearly falls on Robinson, Busio and Sands. The other young CB gets a pass somewhat due to his lack of experience which was in clear display in this match. he was in WAYYYY over his head. Jesus is a solid 9, really good in the helping with build up, tidy in and around the box but he's not going to win you a header and bringing in Gressel for his delivery made that an odd choice.

Vasquez starts this match given how Canada set up and how the US played against them, would have better the wiser choice and honestly would have made this match a bit easier for the US.

the handball on Robinson was nonsense....that NEVER should be a penalty but it's this handball law that has taken the fuking piss out of common logic. if you've ever played, robinson's arm is exactly where a natural position would be as a defender. he sees the player going to receive the ball and puts his arm up reaching for the guys back to find his defensive positioning. just bc the guy has a shit first touch off his thigh and it hits Robinsons arm should not make that a handball. These guys just need to go back to some damn common sense with these handballs because guys are too skilled now and no doubt will intentionally whack a ball into a guys arm just to get a handball.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
You guys get regular international soccer?
It was the first time they played in Charlotte, but I've been to see the USMNT in Philadelphia multiple times and Baltimore once usually for Gold Cup matches. They also had an off-cycle friendly in Cary a few years ago. Typically, Gold Cup tickets have been about $50-60 for the American Outlaws so these were exorbitantly expensive.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
That’s ridiculous. And those fees. Seriously I’d refuse to pay that.
My friend bought the pair behind us resale and they were $125 plus another $25 in fees so Ticketmaster took $55 in fees off the same ticket. It's a total scam.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
Roldan being saved felt obvious once he stepped up. He's spent the whole tournament passing up great chances to try to set up someone else rather than being clinical himself.

Twisted_Woody

Scout
And that's that. This USA side didn't look strong but I'm aware this is a B team. Given that they aren't half bad.

Canada also fielded a B team but I do wish fewer starters were used. Given the nations league this seemed a perfect tournament to really use some youth.

Hope we see a new champion - Panama could be first time winners.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
That attempted pysch out by the US player on the Panamanian player was way out of line. He has no business getting in his face like that.

Twisted_Woody

Scout
That attempted pysch out by the US player on the Panamanian player was way out of line. He has no business getting in his face like that.
I thought shithousery was banned now?

Didn't Weghorst do the same during the shootout with Newcastle?

bosskeano

not really that surprising that we've gone out considering how poor our midfield is put together and no real attacking talent

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I'm here for the banter. Where is @WI_Red ?
Hopefully he didn't get shot. :nervous: Where he lives is pretty safe as long as you stay away from the rednecks. :lol:
:lol: Thanks for caring gents. I am back in WI hosting customers on a visit, and thankfully that included some great scotch as a nightcap before I got back to my room to see the result. Could really not care less about the result.:D