US Open Tennis

Skelter

Internet GYPO
A real test now for Murray, I'm sure he'll keep himself together, he's come back before. Bit different in a grand slam final against the best player of all time.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
YES. Federer KAM ARNNNN. Murray is done.

Alex

Right on cue :)
......yeah because he British, we should be backing whoever the feck we want, and I choose to back the pure and utter class that is Roger Federer.

Surely you cheer for the underdog when United play, ehh?

Alex

They said that about him on grass courts not long ago.
Nadal was always improving and Nadal probably could get up to him on hard court, but it will never happen with Nadal's bad knees, especially on a court as fast as Flushing, maybe Oz, but I still doubt that

mjs020294

......yeah because he British, we should be backing whoever the feck we want, and I choose to back the pure and utter class that is Roger Federer.

Try going on a US site and cheering for a foreigner when an American is playing...........let me know how it goes. :smirk:

Alex

Try going on a US site and cheering for a foreigner when an American is playing...........let me know how it goes. :smirk:
probably fine in regards to tennis, Roddick is hated, and most people could care less about most of the players other than Blake who I could care less against.

That doesnt mean I am supposed to root for him though

Xander45

Know-It-All Champion May 2009
Federer is just too good. Andy has done great to get this far, but i think the long matches are catching up with him, and Federer has the smell of victory in his nostrils.

Alex

Nah, put Nadal on the other side of the net and he'll act like an eunuch again.
We will The Australian will be interesting, nice that it is played in January so there isnt a huge gap between it and the US

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

Surely you cheer for the underdog when United play, ehh?
Hmmm...

I think I understand why you chose to support Manchester United.

Will you start supporting Arsenal if/when United aren't succesful any more?

Choosing to support the best team/individual in any competition is weird, IMO. And very American. Oh well, each to his own.

Skelter

Internet GYPO
I'm sure there'll be a lot of Murray fans now he's in a grand slam final, that's the way it goes.

Alex

Hmmm...

Choosing to support the best team/individual in any competition is weird, IMO. And very American. Oh well, each to his own.
Actually I would have put my money on Nadal as he WAS the favorite, if that were true or did you forget that?

Alex

Hmmm...

Yeah that makes a lot of sense, maybe it was because they were the only team on over here in the 90s, anything wrong with the fact that I grew watching them. I didn t go to Chelsea when Roman came, nor will I ever go elsewhere.

And what the feck do you know about being American. Well I guess it would be very British of you to be supporting the loser.:rolleyes:

Mihajlovic

Its Baltic!
Murray falling apart. Abominable body language. Training session for Roger.

Skelter

Internet GYPO
How gutted does Nadal feel now. Would it be mean to want a 6-0?

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Federer's volleying is, for the zillionth time, shocking. Allround player my arse.

KeyserSoze

Batigol > Bauer
Hmmm...

Its hard to compare Tennis to team sports anyway for me, its not like following a teams specific style, traditions, history etc and being attached emotionally. People are more fans of tennis as a whole and follow the players from their country more closely. You dont have to necessarily support the underdog, especially with the type of tennis Federer has played in this tournament over the years and the slight problems he has had lately.