US Politics Spin Off Show ft Michael Avenatti

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
The guy is an absolute shyster but I’ve got no doubt whatsoever that Trump has had Barr fix him.

It was 3 weeks between Barr’s confirmation and Avenatti being hit with a load of charges.

MTF

The guy is an absolute shyster but I’ve got no doubt whatsoever that Trump has had Barr fix him.

It was 3 weeks between Barr’s confirmation and Avenatti being hit with a load of charges.
Pretty much. It would be much harder for them to try and fix someone innocent, but he seems like he's being treated like a super dangerous criminal, which isn't really justified by his alleged actions.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

Not to defend any of these guys, but I don't think you can "fix" someone on 36 counts, most/all of which involving "civilians" (not one of them defending him afaik?), within 3 weeks?!

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Remember when he was mentioned as a potential Democratic candidate :lol:

MTF

Remember when he was mentioned as a potential Democratic candidate :lol:
I remember when I thought this bald weirdo was going to bring us evidence of high crimes by using Stormy Daniels' case just the right way for the justice system to force Trump and others to hand over records, testify under oath, etc. How wrong was I...

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
I remember when I thought this bald weirdo was going to bring us evidence of high crimes by using Stormy Daniels' case just the right way for the justice system to force Trump and others to hand over records, testify under oath, etc. How wrong was I...
He actually turned out to be a very big thorn in Trumps side. Most of the actual damage Trump suffered was collateral of the Avenatti cases rather than the Mueller report. That includes Cohen being taken down and taking Trump’s “charities“ with him.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
Avenatti is a grafter. These types have been running a hugely profitable scheme on the republican side since the tea-party emerged. With the election/selection of Trump, the same types of people popped up on the democratic side. Its dead certain that he scammed people/clients whenever he could. His own delusions of grandeur led to his downfall.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Anyone who didn't see through this guy from day 1 is a rube.
That’s a term used to insult rural Americans.

Is it a slur? Yes
It it reserved for rural Americans? Yes

If it was a derogatory term used to describe Jews, Hispanics, Chinese or Native Americans as weak and dumb then it would be considered racist. Either you condemn them all or you condemn none. You’re just pissing your pants because you can’t stand rural voters.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Can anyone give me a top level run down of what he's accused of?
There might be other charges but the one I'm aware of is

. Avenatti was charged with threatening to publicize accusations that Nike Inc illegally paid families of college basketball recruits unless the sportswear company paid him $15 million to $25 million to conduct a probe.

Which I guess is essentially blackmail

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
There might be other charges but the one I'm aware of is

Which I guess is essentially blackmail
Fortunately for him, while it might be an abuse of power it's not actually a crime.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Apart from the ones listed (Mueller, Fauci, etc) Wohl has also accused Pete and Warren of sexual assault (he was laughing at his own press conference as the alleged (male) victim described the assault). Also, alongside many other right-wing marginal media figures like Laura Loomer, accused Ilhan Omar of marrying her brother and doing immigration fraud. He has not been in any legal trouble despite all that. It's quite amazing what money and being on the right side politically can get you.