US Politics

Oldham

Only reason I drank beer when 17 was to get drunk. Didn't like the taste back then. I think that's true about most teenagers...
But Brett seemed to drink it cause he liked it so much.... strange in my ears.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He said She said which this has been brought down to is never a good way to find out guilt.
It's always awkward, as you have the "why have you not mentioned anything about this in 30 years", which will always be greeted with "no one would believe me, shame, etc" which is hard to argue.

But it's still frustrating, as saying something at the time might give some first hand evidence, and stop someone in their tracks. Like we would have seen with Savile, and seemingly ever DJ of the period.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
Dems should ask him if he's planning to be a judge for all Americans or only the right. The accusatory tone he took as if it's all a left wing conspiracy by default strips of his position to be a fair supreme court judge.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It actually is, it's crazy when see it live, I though cnn on my TV was stuck.
I'm surprised he didn't shout at himself "stop saying beer you idiot, you've already said you weren't ever drunk..mm beer"

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
He's doing what repub senators need. Testifying forcefully and giving them an excuse to vote to confirm. It's he said/she said and he's convincing enough with his denial for them to vote for him. Without other testimony and an investigation he's off the hook.

oates

No one is a match for his two masters degrees
Scout
Supports
Arsenal
He's doing what repub senators need. Testifying forcefully and giving them an excuse to vote to confirm. It's he said/she said and he's convincing enough with his denial for them to vote for him. Without other testimony and an investigation he's off the hook.
They will still confirm, they'll say that he was believable. That is all they need from him.

kps88

Can't wait to see her get stuck in.
I feel the other Dems should cede their time to the ones who used to be prosecutors. Feinstein did a poor job when he deflected the question and starting ranting.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Let's hypothetically imagine he is innocent. Why wouldn't he want an FBI investigation? I mean are there any reasons, political or otherwise, that would make this a prefferable route for him?

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
So he believes that Ford is telling the truth and was assaulted, and the committee is justifiably looking into it, but at the same time this is a circus/farce/digrace? So all that talk about due process does not apply to him?
Edit: Also, arent supreme court judges supposed to be non partisan? Mentioning the fecking Clintons and barking at the democratic senators because he is on the bench seems like an odd move for someone who is supposedly non partisan

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I accidently clicked the fox news youtube channel for the stream. Those comments. It's not pretty

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Let's hypothetically imagine he is innocent. Why wouldn't he want an FBI investigation? I mean are there any reasons, political or otherwise, that would make this a prefferable route for him?
He'll pretend that the FBI is biased (à la Trump) but, in reality, he fears what the FBI might discover.