US Politics

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Read Merchants of Doubt, it's a great book.
as part of an evnironmental sciene course, we were told to review an inconvenient truth and "the great warming swindle", with no prior guidance given about what to expect with each. i remember getting extremely angry reading through the lies and misleading graphs of the swindle documentary, and then the funding of the people they quoted. so blatant.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Cheers nimic.

My library has it. ;)
I think you'll like it.

as part of an evnironmental sciene course, we were told to review an inconvenient truth and "the great warming swindle", with no prior guidance given about what to expect with each. i remember getting extremely angry reading through the lies and misleading graphs of the swindle documentary, and then the funding of the people they quoted. so blatant.
Yeah, it's infuriating. I feel like the word "evil" might be very much appropriate for some of these people. There is a lot of death and suffering that can at least indirectly be blamed on them.

yeah let me just check out a book from the library and then flip through it while scanning the words on the pages with my eyes. ok nerd
nerds rule the world just ask my great hero Mark Zuckerburger (and Jeff Pesos)

mav_9me

Interesting article.

I was surprised to see Ranoake which is in the west has a Muslim legislator. I had basically thought that western part of VA was basically mid-west/rural/hardcore repub.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Interesting article.

I was surprised to see Ranoake which is in the west has a Muslim legislator. I had basically thought that western part of VA was basically mid-west/rural/hardcore repub.
College town if you mean Roanoke

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
That was an unbelievably cringeworthy segment. Hope the money Trevor gets helps him sleep at night.
I made through his first question and I couldn't bear to listen further. Daily Show has really turned to shit since he took over. He just isn't very funny and his delivery is horrible even when his intentions are decent (unlike here).

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
I made through his first question and I couldn't bear to listen further. Daily Show has really turned to shit since he took over. He just isn't very funny and his delivery is horrible even when his intentions are decent (unlike here).
That's because Jon Stewart was a real motherfecker and Trevor is... well it's pretty clear in my opinion on why he was chosen to follow. That show has been wank ever since.

Revan

Assumptionman
Yeah, I think he is okay. I don't watch him regularly like some of the other shows, and find him cheesy at times, but also find many of his sections enjoyable to watch.

In all honesty, there are so many good night shows, and impossible to regularly watch all of them.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I don’t think these anyone one on the planet that could come close to Jon Stewart. The guy is the pinnacle.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
I don’t think these anyone one on the planet that could come close to Jon Stewart. The guy is the pinnacle.
I think John Oliver is a great host for that format of talk show. He would have killed it as Stewart’s replacement but he already has his show on HBO which I presume pays way more than Comedy Central.

Revan

Assumptionman
I like John Oliver more, however it helps that he has only one episode per week.