US Politics

Abizzz

Strangely, she's taking stock tips from some guy now.
From what I gathered he's some twitch streamer who's an ex-trader that talks about stocks. The other one is one of the founders of reddit.

freeurmind

weak willed
Who genuinely gives a f*** about impeachment any more? The dude lost.

$2000 stimulus checks, $15 minimum wage, public option on healthcare and pass the end outsourcing act and Biden wallops the guy again even if the Republicans are stupid enough to nominate him again.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout

Feck me, she and a few others are literally out of fecking control.

Is anything going to be done though?

Is it time for MTG, Boebert and Hawley to have their own thread?

They are quickly filling Trump's shoes and outdoing eachother with shittier and shittiee acts every single day. They are dominating the news cycles as well. I wonder how long they can sustain this and how bad it could get?

Raoul

Admin
Staff

Feck me, she and a few others are literally out of fecking control.

Is anything going to be done though?

Is it time for MTG, Boebert and Hawley to have their own thread?

They are quickly filling Trump's shoes and outdoing eachother with shittier and shittiee acts every single day. They are dominating the news cycles as well. I wonder how long they can sustain this and how bad it could get?
Start one since this one seems a bit too broad for their antics.

GiddyUp

Absolute mentalist PoS.
Imagine how fecking crazy you have to be to think that the Democrats, of all people, are the ones who will bring on the destruction of society, while threatening those people with execution because they don't feed in to your delusion. And also think it's acceptable to stalk survivors of a traumatic violent experience.

InfiniteBoredom

feck the poor, nobody is allowed to do anything unless with my permission.

Ds are going to get obliterated in 22/24, and they will deserve it.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs

feck the poor, nobody is allowed to do anything unless with my permission.

Ds are going to get obliterated in 22/24, and they will deserve it.
The scum of the earth. I bet a run of the mill non-Trump Republican would be easier to work with than this cnut.

And you're right. This is why a Republican populist like Trump got elected in 2016 and more will get elected again because too many Democrats really have a hard time understanding the average person and don't care either.

Sweet Square

This will be a good lesson for the radical liberals living inside their political bubbles, tbh. If they are going to elect a US president running on the most progressive platform of all time(A lot of what Biden wants, Sanders wants!), then they will have to engage with people and not just ignore everyone who has a different viewpoint. The 2020 election was about restoring american democracy and defeating fascism! It was coming together as one United States and bringing both sides together.

The sooner the democrats understand this and drop their radical reforms, the sooner America can start to heal and fight for justice together.

Last edited:

Drifter

American
Lincoln Project cuts ties with founding member after accusations of sexual misconduct

Reacting to a report in the New York Times that founding member John Weaver has been accused of sexually harassing young men while sometimes offering to help them get work in politics, the Lincoln Project has cut him off from the anti-Trump group saying they are "disgusted and outraged" by his alleged actions.

According to the Times, Weaver, "has for years sent unsolicited and sexually provocative messages online to young men, often while suggesting he could help them get work in politics, according to interviews with 21 men who received them, " adding, "His solicitations included sending messages to a 14-year-old, asking questions about his body while he was still in high school and then more pointed ones after he turned 18."

The report goes on to note that Weaver has been a high profile conservative consultant, having once advised John McCain's presidential campaigns in 2000 and 2008 and John Kasich's in 2016.

The report notes that there are no accusations of sexual assault, stating, " ...none of the men accused Mr. Weaver of unlawful conduct. Rather, many of them described feeling preyed upon by an influential older man in the field in which they wanted to work, and believing they had to engage with his repeated messaging or lose a professional opportunity."

Extending their sympathy to the Weaver's victims, the Lincoln Project's statement claimed they are "absolutely shocked and sickened' by the news, adding that they feel "betrayed and deceived."
These are the good Republicans, apparently.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
So not dressing up is male white privilege now? Or is it just a cantankerous old man who probably doesn't want to be outside for two hours in Washington DC in January so he wore a warm coat and mittens?
it's stupid, this was the type of nonsense that was in blogs and twitter when he ran against hillary 5 years ago, i thought it would finally end now.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout

This language, "space", "hold accountable", "validating", "trauma"... it really rubs me the wrong way. Not making a big point here, just that reading these things makes my skin crawl a bit.

This language, "space", "hold accountable", "validating", "trauma"... it really rubs me the wrong way. Not making a big point here, just that reading these things makes my skin crawl a bit.
Y'all, this is SO IMPORTANT! So take a seat folks. Take several seats. After a period of self-care, AOC is sharing her lived experience - and doing so in a space that habitually centers the voices of white men. Gentle reminder that it's not her job to educate you. Trying to gaslight her is simply highlighting your toxicity and fragility. Do better. Now, let's unpack this and speak truth to power...

etc etc

They're just in-group signifiers. It's why every lib suddenly has pronouns in their bio to show that they're part of the cult club.

Last edited:

Abizzz

Y'all, this is SO IMPORTANT! So take a seat folks. Take several seats. After a period of self-care, AOC is sharing her lived experience - and doing so in a space that habitually centers the voices of white men. Gentle reminder that it's not her job to educate you. Trying to gaslight her is simply highlighting your toxicity and fragility. Do better. Now, let's unpack this and speak truth to power...

etc etc

They're just in-group signifiers. It's why every lib suddenly has pronouns in their bio to show that they're part of the cult club.
It's early but I have no clue what you're trying to say with that?